HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Simple Question-Trade Richards?

View Poll Results: trade Richards before the deadline?
Yes 22 36.67%
No 38 63.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Simple Question-Trade Richards?

Would you Trade him prior to the deadline -yes or No?

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Not a chance.

Rental return is never as good as you hope it will be, and this team is still in terrific position for a playoff spot.

I'd personally shop Neal for a D. I think he'd bring better return in terms of that particular asset.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 11:09 PM
txomisc

I certainly think it should still be on the table. If this slide continues and contract negotiations dont look real promising trading him is a good option.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2011, 11:31 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 1425
umm, no way.

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2011, 09:29 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
I'd rather not.

02-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Brand New Stars

It really depends on the return.

Brand New Stars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Canucker

I think Dallas would be dumb to trade Richards away. Only 2 ways this happens...1. Richards tells Dallas he has no intention of re-signing. Or 2. Dallas falls way out of contention and gets a stupidly good offer.

Richards and Dallas have a good thing going here, he's got great chemistry with Eriksson and Neal and you don't find that everyday. It's one of the best 1st lines in the league. Trade Ribiero if you need to make room.

Canucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Starsdude

The issue is keeping Richards and potentially losing him for nothing (as it is likely ownership issues creep into next year) or having the best FA to be out there and getting a decent player, a pick and a prospect at the deadline.

This team needs help at defense and the lower lines and cannot afford so unless a deal for new ownership is close you have to listen

Starsdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 05:00 PM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Obviously whatever does or doesn't happen comes down to potential return. Being in contention, Richards playing well, and the wildcard of the ownership situation will all make for an interesting situation though, potentially increasing the value of some offers.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Mike Farkas
Hockey's Future Staff
Moron!

The Stars don't really have any intention of trading Richards. Joe loves him, Brad wants to stay and is apparently willing to wait patiently to do so. The Stars maintain that "no one is untouchable" (that's how they operate) but it's "extremely unlikely" that he gets moved. I think the only thing that is slowing down the re-signing process is, as you might have guessed, the ownership saga...

Mike Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 06:01 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
The Stars don't really have any intention of trading Richards. Joe loves him, Brad wants to stay and is apparently willing to wait patiently to do so. The Stars maintain that "no one is untouchable" (that's how they operate) but it's "extremely unlikely" that he gets moved. I think the only thing that is slowing down the re-signing process is, as you might have guessed, the ownership saga...
the problem being that which is slowing down the re-signing process may in fact end up preventing the re-sign.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 06:38 PM
catters078

WHAT IF we got offered a good young D man from a contender??

Ie the rangers offer del zotto and a prospect..

or the habs offer Weber and a high pick..

etc.

im still not sure id do it, but it is a tough choice if those packages are offered.

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Kritter471

Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsdude View Post

This team needs help at defense and the lower lines and cannot afford so unless a deal for new ownership is close you have to listen
Have you watched this team?

The lower lines are well above average when they are healthy, and none of the injuries right now are expected to be season enders.

This team also has an overabundance of 3-7 D, and you're not going to get a top-pairing defenseman on a reasonable contract for a rental who may or may not re-sign.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 09:13 PM
KiedisA

To me it is almost vital that we can tie him up for the future.

We got a lot of young guys who can become franchise players in the next 2-4 years but if Richards would leave us now, we would be without a player of his caliber at a time which can help or hurt the Dallas Stars considerably(first playoffs coming up in years, the ownership situation, first year without Mike and Jere). And one thing, which doesn't matter much to me personally but I feel that a lot other fans keep important; Signing Richards would help to gain credibility from around the league and in the eyes of other teams it would make the Stars a top team in the West after a couple of years.

Mike Ribeiro is a bloody good player and has the "it" factor, but he isn't THAT guy who can be relied on as a no.1 center for a long season+playoffs. Brad Richards is THAT guy.

KiedisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:28 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Bruins fan here,

As much as id love to see Richards in Boston, there's no way Dallas gets rid of him. The stars are in a playoff spot and has a legit shot at the cup, trading him now would make no sense.

Here's to hoping we see you in the finals

KnightofBoston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Ambassador Of Fun

vCash: 50
The return for Richards would be astronomical right now for a couple different reasons. Obviously our playoff positioning means we would decline some deals that would even be overpayment combine with the fact that there are literally no top end rentals at all on the market. Maybe a team like Pittsburgh (with Malkin out) would offer some sort of package like Goligoski+1st+Despres+? for Richards+Niskanen. It would have to be something like that for Joe to even remotely consider trading him.

Ambassador Of Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

If dallas has no plans of winning any time soon, theyd consider moving him. Of late joe has only gone out to get winners...burish, langs... Raycroft even won a calder too... I suspect he is leaning toward not trading his former conn smyther.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2011, 05:02 PM
ScubaSteve*

Joe has already said he isn't trading Richards. Pay attention, kids.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2011, 12:04 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Joe has already said he isn't trading Richards. Pay attention, kids.
Condescension from the guy who says it would take Filppula + for Benn...

Variables matter; GM's listen to every offer.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
Thats all nice and everything from your guys stand point. If I was a Stars fan I would respect Richards for saying that. But let's be real here. If the ownership situation doesn't get settled by July 1st he is as good as gone. It's a P.R move by Richards, do you think his agent or him are dumb enough to wait patiently for a owner or owners to come in and get the team going again when teams like Toronto more than likely throwing boat loads of cash at him. I guarantee you if the ownership doesn't get settled and Richards hits the market, Burke will no doubt be all over him like bees on honey. We need a #1 center bad and Burke knows that. But like I said, you have to respect Richards for saying the politically correct thing in a situation like that.

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2011, 09:41 PM
vofty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Thats all nice and everything from your guys stand point. If I was a Stars fan I would respect Richards for saying that. But let's be real here. If the ownership situation doesn't get settled by July 1st he is as good as gone. It's a P.R move by Richards, do you think his agent or him are dumb enough to wait patiently for a owner or owners to come in and get the team going again when teams like Toronto more than likely throwing boat loads of cash at him. I guarantee you if the ownership doesn't get settled and Richards hits the market, Burke will no doubt be all over him like bees on honey. We need a #1 center bad and Burke knows that. But like I said, you have to respect Richards for saying the politically correct thing in a situation like that.
Richards wants to win, no way in hell he goes to Toronto. TB, NY or even LA I could see, but Toronto? Not a chance, doesn't matter how much money they throw at him.

vofty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Unlike Toronto where you can make any move for any plug and people will still support the team and buy jerseys, Dallas has to spend smart money to make money. Richards is what you call an asset and you have to spend money on them and they in turn net you some returns as in playoff home games and merchandise, etc. As much as you are running your mouth on opinion, it's my opinion that the lenders, who are not armchair GMs from southern Ontario, would grasp this business concept.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:17 PM
ecemleafs

would anisimov, grachev, 1st, roster player, interest u guys for richards at the deadline?

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2011, 09:28 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
would anisimov, grachev, 1st, roster player, interest u guys for richards at the deadline?
Oh hell yes!

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2011, 12:17 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
go

vCash: 27750
Not at all, unless the roster player is MDZ.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote