HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The value of trading Lecavalier

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Tackleberry

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bugg View Post
I think Edmonton would accept, depending on how confident they were in signing Bouwmeester.

Prospal-Lecavalier-Hemsky
O'Sullivan-Horcoff-Cogliano

Bouwmeester-Visnovsky
Grebeshkov-Smid

Is better than what we have right now.

Dont know if Bouwmeester will go to EDM. Didnt mean to imply that.

The cost may be too high for EDM to pick up Boumeester. He is a UFA with a price tag estimated to be over $5 mil per year. Dont know if EDM will spend that dough with a trade picking up Lecav/Prospal $13mil. To add that Visnovsky will be at $7 mil that will put them at $25mil for 4 players. That will really limit them on who they can pick up.

Old
04-20-2009, 12:35 PM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry View Post
Dont know if Bouwmeester will go to EDM. Didnt mean to imply that.

The cost may be too high for EDM to pick up Boumeester. He is a UFA with a price tag estimated to be over $5 mil per year. Dont know if EDM will spend that dough with a trade picking up Lecav/Prospal $13mil. To add that Visnovsky will be at $7 mil that will put them at $25mil for 4 players. That will really limit them on who they can pick up.
Vis' cap hit is only $5.6M. And how is Lecavalier + Prospal $13M? I see $7.727M + $3.5M = $11.2M.

Assuming the Oilers give Bouwmeester an 11 year/$60M deal similar to Franzen's...

Moreau-UFA-Pisani
Reddox-Brodziak-Stortini

Bouwmeester-Visnovsky
Grebeshkov-Smid
Peckham-Staios

UFA
Deslauriers

=$51.8M

$4M to add a goalie and a checking center is tight, and we'd have to dump Penner and Nilsson to get there, but it's doable. There are a ton of goalies headed to free agency so we should be able to get one for around what Rollie makes now ($3.5M). Getting rid of Staios would give us even more flexibility.

Old
04-20-2009, 12:43 PM
Tackleberry

Quote:
Vis' cap hit is only $5.6M. And how is Lecavalier + Prospal $13M? I see $7.727M + $3.5M = $11.2M.

Assuming the Oilers give Bouwmeester an 11 year/$60M deal similar to Franzen's...

Moreau-UFA-Pisani
Reddox-Brodziak-Stortini

Bouwmeester-Visnovsky
Grebeshkov-Smid
Peckham-Staios

UFA
Deslauriers

=$51.8M

$4M to add a goalie and a checking center is tight, and we'd have to dump Penner and Nilsson to get there, but it's doable. There are a ton of goalies headed to free agency so we should be able to get one for around what Rollie makes now ($3.5M). Getting rid of Staios would give us even more flexibility.
Vinny Lecav's contract pays out $10mil for the first few years. Only $7.7mil counts against the cap. Also, I get the feeling that Boumeester is chasing the big payout$.

Sorry, didnt know Vis' cap. My bad.

Last edited by Tackleberry: 04-20-2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old
04-20-2009, 01:05 PM
hfboardsuser

Quote:
Vinny Lecav's contract pays out $10mil for the first few years. Only $7.7mil counts against the cap. Also, I get the feeling that Boumeester is chasing the big payout$.

Sorry, didnt know Vis' cap. My bad.
Real money doesn't matter to us- we're owned by a multi-billionaire.

Bouw could still get his big payday with that deal. If I had my way, it'd be structured so that he took home $9M, $9M, $8M, $8M, $7M in the first half. That'd be more than any other blueliner in the league.

Old
04-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Tackleberry

Quote:
Real money doesn't matter to us- we're owned by a multi-billionaire.

Bouw could still get his big payday with that deal. If I had my way, it'd be structured so that he took home $9M, $9M, $8M, $8M, $7M in the first half. That'd be more than any other blueliner in the league.
He would be a great pick up for any team. TB cant afford him and all of our current players. I think if the NHL cap went down to $48 to $50 mil, there will be several teams that will be trading their top stars. This may be a banner year for big-name trades.

Old
04-20-2009, 01:33 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

Quote:
He would be a great pick up for any team. TB cant afford him and all of our current players. I think if the NHL cap went down to $48 to $50 mil, there will be several teams that will be trading their top stars. This may be a banner year for big-name trades.
What I've been reading lately says it will fall to maybe $52m, so some trades are possible. Back to Edm signing J-Bo for a moment, he wants more than 11/60, more like 11/70-75.

Old
04-20-2009, 02:11 PM
Tackleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaWrista View Post
What I've been reading lately says it will fall to maybe $52m, so some trades are possible. Back to Edm signing J-Bo for a moment, he wants more than 11/60, more like 11/70-75.
That is reasonable. If he were to sign for $7-9mil per year, ouch!!! Six mil is expensive, but its Boumeester.

NHLnumbers.com has all the $$ figures for team caps.

TB will be at $38mil with signed players. Players that will be up for new contracts will be Pettinger (F), Karsums (F), Malik (D), Krajicek (D), Smaby (D), Murphy (D), Melichar (D), Ramo (G), and McKenna (G).

That leaves $7mil for TB to resignings and new players. Dont see how the owners will pick up TWO top blue liners AND keeping some of the above mentioned players without getting rid of V4 ($7.7mil). Imagine having almost $15mil to work with??

One other important factor, DEPTH. IF TB were to stay healthy, they will do better next year. If not, they will be in the running for another first-Overall pick.

Last edited by Tackleberry: 04-20-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old
04-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Soundwave

The Oilers have a pretty rich owner so they could offer Jay Bo a 15-year deal like the DiPietro one only front loaded like crazy.

This is provided the rumors are true and he does want to come back to Western Canada. It's more up to him, I'm sure if he wants to sign in Edmonton, the Oilers will offer him what ever he wants pretty much and then move Visnovsky, Souray, Gilbert or whoever.

Old
04-20-2009, 08:40 PM
CSampson

Quote:
That is reasonable. If he were to sign for $7-9mil per year, ouch!!! Six mil is expensive, but its Boumeester.

NHLnumbers.com has all the $$ figures for team caps.

TB will be at $38mil with signed players. Players that will be up for new contracts will be Pettinger (F), Karsums (F), Malik (D), Krajicek (D), Smaby (D), Murphy (D), Melichar (D), Ramo (G), and McKenna (G).

That leaves $7mil for TB to resignings and new players. Dont see how the owners will pick up TWO top blue liners AND keeping some of the above mentioned players without getting rid of V4 ($7.7mil). Imagine having almost $15mil to work with??

One other important factor, DEPTH. IF TB were to stay healthy, they will do better next year. If not, they will be in the running for another first-Overall pick.
Yeah it'll be tight. Assuming Hedman counts as one of the D, I would still consider people who need to be signed from that list are Ramo and Smaby. Murphy, while good is not someone I'd consider an essential. Even with that, 7 million won't be enough fromwhat I understand Lawton's plans to be. He did say he would look at trades, so maybe someone like Prospal goes? 3.5 million more would put them at about 10.5 to work with, a bit more reasonable. I mean if Lawton is really considering moving Lecavalier, why does he still insist on saying that Vinny isn't going anywhere. I would put it at maybe 10 different times I've heard Lawton saying this exact same thing since the Trade Deadline. Just doesn't make any sense.

Old
04-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

I really don't know about the supposed 45 million dollar budget. Are they counting Denis' million next season? If they aren't, that's also a million that can be spent on players.

Remember back to when Boyle was traded. Barrie and Koules said they wanted to keep the team at the midpoint. Then a few days later they're saying they intend to spend to the cap. What they say they intend to do and what they actually do are often different things.

So them saying they want to acquire a top two defensive pairing might be taken in the same sense of how I want a unicorn. I might say it, but doesn't make it realistic. It might also be a bit of a ploy to manipulate Rags, and especially Meszy into performing better.

Despite my mistrust, I'm sure they could work with what they have and accomplish their goals with a Lecavalier'd Lightning team.

Old
04-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Bolt32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I really don't know about the supposed 45 million dollar budget. Are they counting Denis' million next season? If they aren't, that's also a million that can be spent on players.

Remember back to when Boyle was traded. Barrie and Koules said they wanted to keep the team at the midpoint. Then a few days later they're saying they intend to spend to the cap. What they say they intend to do and what they actually do are often different things.

So them saying they want to acquire a top two defensive pairing might be taken in the same sense of how I want a unicorn. I might say it, but doesn't make it realistic. It might also be a bit of a ploy to manipulate Rags, and especially Meszy into performing better.

Despite my mistrust, I'm sure they could work with what they have and accomplish their goals with a Lecavalier'd Lightning team.
With genetic engineering that is actually very very possible.

Closed Thread