HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Where do you want the Blues to finish?

View Poll Results: Where do you want the Blues to finish in the West?
5th - play vs. Vancouver (unless Dallas overtakes them, then play Dallas) 7 5.93%
6th - play San Jose 13 11.02%
7th - play Colorado 7 5.93%
8th - play Detroit 9 7.63%
9th or worse - go for a higher 1st round pick 82 69.49%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 500
Where do you want the Blues to finish?

Simply put....vote for where you want the Blues to finish in the West this season, and give your reasons why.

NOTE: positions are based on where everyone is currently ranked in the top 4. Vote for the team you'd rather play on the assumption that the current rankings hold at the end of the season.

Last edited by Irish Blues: 03-18-2004 at 07:55 PM.
Old
03-18-2004, 11:17 PM
rev

i want detroit in the first round.

Old
03-19-2004, 12:29 AM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev
i want detroit in the first round.

Old
03-19-2004, 01:07 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
Simply put....vote for where you want the Blues to finish in the West this season, and give your reasons why.

NOTE: positions are based on where everyone is currently ranked in the top 4. Vote for the team you'd rather play on the assumption that the current rankings hold at the end of the season.
I sat 6th, I could see the Blues upsetting a young overachieving San Jose team much like they did to the Blues the year we won the Presidents trophy. I think they will finish 7th though.

Old
03-19-2004, 03:10 AM
dirt

I want to see St. Louis-Vancouver again. With different results.

Old
03-19-2004, 11:10 AM
Frenzy1

San Jose or Dallas. So I voted for a 6-3 Match up.

I think we match up well w/ San Jose which has lost some fire since Sturm broke his leg.

I am not afraid of Detroit either. Why, because the Blues have nothing to lose - no expectations AND I am not convinced that Detroit will be healthy in the first round. They have alot of guys returning from IR who will not be in top shape and a physical round could really beat them up even more.

Old
03-19-2004, 11:29 AM
DaBo

I picked Colorado. IMO, they are the weakest of the teams in the top 4. Very inconsistant play and and an unproven playoff goalie (I know the old arguement, but a first time playoff goalie has alot of pressure).

Vanouver has something to prove....that they can play without Bertuzzi. Plus they have the 'momentum' from last years playoffs. Confidence can do alot to a team.

Detroit....well, enough said, although it might be an advantage to play the Wings while the Blues aren't beat up after a tought series or two.

San Jose is still a question mark. They seem to have the consistancy in their play, and have a very solid goaltender. The young defense they have may prove to be their weakest point.

Old
03-19-2004, 12:12 PM
Frenzy1

The keys for the Blues in the playoffs are strong special teams play. When our PK and PP are shutting down other teams and putting up points, the Blues will tend to win (Early this season and over the last 7+ games both have come on).

Old
03-19-2004, 01:03 PM
Blueski

I also voted to play Colorado. They have been going through the same type of slump the Blues went through, only not as severe. They are still a tough team, but Forsberg has been hurt more than usual, they have absolutely no defense (Foote and Blake can't play 60 min) and they only really have one line (Sakic, tanguay, hejduk).

They sound exactly like the Blues

Maybe we can beat ourselves

Old
03-19-2004, 02:45 PM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueski
I also voted to play Colorado. They have been going through the same type of slump the Blues went through, only not as severe. They are still a tough team, but Forsberg has been hurt more than usual, they have absolutely no defense (Foote and Blake can't play 60 min) and they only really have one line (Sakic, tanguay, hejduk).

They sound exactly like the Blues

Maybe we can beat ourselves
They also have Morris on defense, not a bad 3rd d-man. And when Forsberg returns, I'm sure Kariya and Selanne will pick it up. The playoffs are a different beast, I wouldn't like to play the Avs at all. The Canucks would be my choice.

Old
03-19-2004, 04:24 PM
kimzey59

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakerPimp82
They also have Morris on defense, not a bad 3rd d-man. And when Forsberg returns, I'm sure Kariya and Selanne will pick it up. The playoffs are a different beast, I wouldn't like to play the Avs at all. The Canucks would be my choice.

Colorado HAD Morris. They gave him away to get Chris Gratton and Ossi Vaananen(their current number three D man). Other than Blake and Foote Colorado has Vaananen, Skrastins, Sauer and Liles(all of which are used best in a 5/6 role).

Old
03-19-2004, 05:53 PM
Irish Blues

The one team I don't want right now is Dallas - they've come on strong as of late and have confidence they didn't have early in the season.

Colorado can be had by a team that plays tough on defense and scraps it out...so I'd rather see Nashville draw the Avs.

Detroit may have everyone back by the start of the playoffs, and then it's a question of whether or not everyone's on the same page. If they play Joseph in net, they'll be a weaker team than if they go with Legace.

San Jose and Vancouver appear to be the two weakest teams - if the Blues get on their horses and go after either team (meaning they play a style they've been reluctant to go with for a long, long time), they could probably finish either team in 5. But, if they finish like they have this season, they'll needlessly let their opponent draw it out to 7.

Old
03-19-2004, 10:06 PM
blue bleeder 24-7

5th, I wanna play Vancouver and take revenge upon the nucks

Old
03-19-2004, 10:12 PM
rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue bleeder 24-7
5th, I wanna play Vancouver and take revenge upon the nucks

i cant stand that song they play when they score a goal..

i liked it at the beginning of the series.. but by the end....

Old
03-20-2004, 08:32 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
I say 6th, I could see the Blues upsetting a young overachieving San Jose team much like they did to the Blues the year we won the Presidents trophy.
What he said.

PrussianBlue

Old
03-20-2004, 01:42 PM
SneakerPimp82

Send a message via AIM to SneakerPimp82
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59
Colorado HAD Morris. They gave him away to get Chris Gratton and Ossi Vaananen(their current number three D man). Other than Blake and Foote Colorado has Vaananen, Skrastins, Sauer and Liles(all of which are used best in a 5/6 role).
Ha ha, oh yea, that whole trade deadline thing. I'd completely forgotten about that. Well yea, completely disregard what I said then

Old
03-21-2004, 02:08 AM
Laperriere22*

Well, I voted 9th or worse. The reason for that is going to sound corny, but I'll say it anyway. I feel the other teams in the race (Kings, Flames, Oilers, and Predators) play a hardworking brand of hockey and have overachieved. The Blues have underachieved, at times to great lengths, and I personally would rather have the more consistent hardworking hockey clubs in ahead of an underachiever that, especially recently, can't win a big game outside of the win over the Kings a few nights ago. I think the veterans on this team could use a little embarrassment. I still think the Blues will make it in, but my frustration at watching this team is getting to be at a high I haven't been at since the Keenan era. They will make it, but if I could choose, I'd rather they missed out. Other teams deserve to be there more IMO and yes, I know it sounds corny.

Old
03-21-2004, 10:27 PM
rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22
Well, I voted 9th or worse. The reason for that is going to sound corny, but I'll say it anyway. I feel the other teams in the race (Kings, Flames, Oilers, and Predators) play a hardworking brand of hockey and have overachieved. The Blues have underachieved, at times to great lengths, and I personally would rather have the more consistent hardworking hockey clubs in ahead of an underachiever that, especially recently, can't win a big game outside of the win over the Kings a few nights ago. I think the veterans on this team could use a little embarrassment. I still think the Blues will make it in, but my frustration at watching this team is getting to be at a high I haven't been at since the Keenan era. They will make it, but if I could choose, I'd rather they missed out. Other teams deserve to be there more IMO and yes, I know it sounds corny.
i wouldnt mind seeing them lose out just to get rid of the damned streak.

Old
03-21-2004, 10:49 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev
i wouldnt mind seeing them lose out just to get rid of the damned streak.
I hate Baseball, so for that reason alone I hope that we get in and I get to go to a few more games. Also it isnt going to make that big of a difference in our draft position.

Old
03-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Cerebral

I want the Blues in 9th or worse to open up a playoff spot for the Oilers..

Old
03-22-2004, 12:28 AM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
I want the Blues in 9th or worse to open up a playoff spot for the Oilers..
How about we bith get in and bump the Preds out.

Old
03-22-2004, 12:29 AM
c-carp

Why are so many Blues fans wishing for them to miss it, if we finish 9th or even 10th the jump up in Draft position isnt going to get us a lottery pick or anything.

Old
03-22-2004, 01:33 AM
OilerMania83

I want the Blues and Oilers to make it. I don't like Nashville and Los Angeles has had to many injuries....

GO OILERS!

Old
03-22-2004, 02:07 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp
How about we bith get in and bump the Preds out.
I s'pose that could persuade me to change my vote..

Old
03-22-2004, 02:12 AM
c-carp

The Oilers won again tonight and look to be getting on a serious role. When was the last time that both Alberta teams made it in.

Closed Thread