HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Boomer freezing out Ovechkin!

Old
04-16-2009, 06:38 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Boomer freezing out Ovechkin!

I was just listening to the Boomer & Carton show on WFAN...and Boomer said he is freezing out Ovechkin he has put his Ovechkin jersey in the FREEZER!!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:21 AM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
I was just listening to the Boomer & Carton show on WFAN...and Boomer said he is freezing out Ovechkin he has put his Ovechkin jersey in the FREEZER!!!!
My Ovechkin all star Jersey got thrown to the back of the closet.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:12 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Thats funny and hopefully very true

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:53 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

Well, if that doesn't lockup the series for the blueshirts, I don't know what will.

04-16-2009, 09:09 AM
ruckus*

Still have no idea why everyone loves this guy.

The way he carries himself is a joke.

Don Cherry wasn't wrong.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:27 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
He was talking about it yesterday too. I love those guys. I listen to them every morning on the way to work. Carton can act like an ass, but it's what makes it entertaining .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:49 AM
Kind of Blue

Carton is the lowest form of human being. When i hear his voice, i get the urge to vomit.

(By the way, this totally deserved its own thread.)

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:00 AM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post

Don Cherry wasn't wrong.
Don Cherry is at best a xenophobe, and at worst a bigot.

Ovie plays the game hard and he plays to win, but he also has fun doing it. He's not just the most talented player in the league, but also one of the hardest working.

I don't think his celebrations are disrespectful. The stuff that Avery does is worse IMO. His celebrations are very demonstrative as well, though you don't notice it as much because he scores far less often. But you'd never see Ovie doing some of the things Avery has done, like his faceguarding of brodeur last year and his tap to thomas' head.

All of that aside, Ovechkin is just an amazing and fun player to watch. Whether you love him or hate him, you can't turn away when he's got the puck.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:06 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:

Don Cherry wasn't wrong.
When Ovechkin first broke into the game, he was a breath of fresh air. A lethal scorer who threw his body at everyone and played with unrivaled passion. As much as I hate the Capitals, I always liked Ovechkin. Now, however, he's getting over a bit too over the top with his celebrations. I wish he'd tone it down a bit.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
We're playing against him in a playoff series. Of course our opinions of him are changing.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:38 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
We're playing against him in a playoff series. Of course our opinions of him are changing.
exactly. There will be plenty of time to love him after this series. Lets crush him for now

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Prusted

Quote:
Originally Posted by greek fan View Post
Carton is the lowest form of human being. When i hear his voice, i get the urge to vomit.

(By the way, this totally deserved its own thread.)
Thats how I feel about Carton. I like Boomer though.

Prusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:42 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playstationline View Post
Thats how I feel about Carton. I like Boomer though.
Carton grows on you. I disagree with his opinion 99% of the time, but I love hearing Boomer then tell him how wrong he is or how much of an ass he is. It's great I have to say, though, I like the Carton doesn't always ask the same old questions to these guys. Even if it's something like asking about their family or asking these young guys about how much ass they get. At least he tries to make them seem a little more like regular guys.

Also, Al Dukes makes the show though. Al Dukes is great.

Old
04-16-2009, 10:48 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Don Cherry is at best a xenophobe, and at worst a bigot.

Ovie plays the game hard and he plays to win, but he also has fun doing it. He's not just the most talented player in the league, but also one of the hardest working.

I don't think his celebrations are disrespectful. The stuff that Avery does is worse IMO. His celebrations are very demonstrative as well, though you don't notice it as much because he scores far less often. But you'd never see Ovie doing some of the things Avery has done, like his faceguarding of brodeur last year and his tap to thomas' head.

All of that aside, Ovechkin is just an amazing and fun player to watch. Whether you love him or hate him, you can't turn away when he's got the puck.

Who said Cherry wasn't a racist? Not me. But does that mean if a racist makes a valid point about something we should say he's wrong simply because he's a racist?

I didn't single out his celebrations either. Overall, the way he carries himself, that arrogance he carries with him has always bothered me.

Granted, he's one of the best players in the world so if he wants to flaunt that so be it.

It just rubs me the wrong way.

And you'd never see Ovie doing any of those things Avery does. Because that would mean Ovie was trying to do something that would benefit the team while not showing up on the score sheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
When Ovechkin first broke into the game, he was a breath of fresh air. A lethal scorer who threw his body at everyone and played with unrivaled passion. As much as I hate the Capitals, I always liked Ovechkin. Now, however, he's getting over a bit too over the top with his celebrations. I wish he'd tone it down a bit.

I don't enjoy his celebrations but it's more about his arrogance not what he's actually doing.

The best part of the game last night was after Dubi's goal when everyone came together behind the net and it looked like they didn't want to stop congratulating each other. In my opinion that's how you celebrate a goal. But my Ovechkin dislikes stems from a lot more than goal celebrations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I've always 100% admired his skills and talents as a hockey player. Never liked him though.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
I can love Ovechkin as much as I want during the regular season, but now in the playoffs, I hope he crashes and burns. Thats the nature of sports.

Thordic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 11:02 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Carton grows on you. I disagree with his opinion 99% of the time, but I love hearing Boomer then tell him how wrong he is or how much of an ass he is. It's great I have to say, though, I like the Carton doesn't always ask the same old questions to these guys. Even if it's something like asking about their family or asking these young guys about how much ass they get. At least he tries to make them seem a little more like regular guys.

Also, Al Dukes makes the show though. Al Dukes is great.
Carton is the most cookie cutter of wannabe "edgy" radio guys on the planet. Just awful, never adds anything to the conversation, can usually kill a good discussion with an uneducated attempt at comedy.

Old
04-16-2009, 11:57 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
Carton is the most cookie cutter of wannabe "edgy" radio guys on the planet. Just awful, never adds anything to the conversation, can usually kill a good discussion with an uneducated attempt at comedy.
I mostly agree, although I do think he is pretty funny most of the time. Plus he's kind of different because he works in a sports setting rather than what these other "edgy" radio guys do.

Old
04-16-2009, 12:07 PM
ThirdEye

I too think that Ovechkin needs to mature a bit before he becomes captain. There is a difference between showing enthusiasm and being childish and disrespectful.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 12:37 PM
levski87

Ovechkin is a great player and honestly for all the hardwork he puts out on the ice, he doesn't deserve a goal celebration?

It's like soccer, you score a goal, run, take off your ****, maybe do a little dance or flip.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I don't mind his celebrations, I wish we had him.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 01:40 PM
DutchShamrock

I still have no problem with Ovechkin. I love the celebrations, I love the passion. Of course he is arrogant, he's the best player in the world. I'm so sick of hockey interviews... "It's a team game, I couldn't have done it without my teammates."/"I'm just lucky, they pucks are just finding ways in."/"We're just looking at it one game at a time. We don't want to look past anyone because every team is just sooooo good."

Carton. Carton is Howard Stern 25 years ago. I even heard him tell a hot chick that his wife died the night before and they should go on a date. He thinks the FCC hates him and that management is trying to control him. But I'm not expecting Shakespear or cutting edge entertainment when I put on 101.5 or wherever he's at now.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 01:44 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
I still have no problem with Ovechkin. I love the celebrations, I love the passion. Of course he is arrogant, he's the best player in the world. I'm so sick of hockey interviews... "It's a team game, I couldn't have done it without my teammates."/"I'm just lucky, they pucks are just finding ways in."/"We're just looking at it one game at a time. We don't want to look past anyone because every team is just sooooo good."

Carton. Carton is Howard Stern 25 years ago. I even heard him tell a hot chick that his wife died the night before and they should go on a date. He thinks the FCC hates him and that management is trying to control him. But I'm not expecting Shakespear or cutting edge entertainment when I put on 101.5 or wherever he's at now.
Boomer & Carton = Sports Radio 66, WFAN. Personally I'd rather have a 24 hour Steve Somers marathon, but as I said, I enjoy them (Boomer & Carton).

Also, I have never heard Craig Carton ever mention anything about the FCC or Management.

Old
04-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Death By BB Gun
#therightway

Quote:

Don Cherry wasn't wrong.
Cherry was incredibly wrong. Does AO go over the line on celebrations? Maybe a little, but not all the time. Sometimes it comes off as kinda corny (50th goal in particular), but it's certainly no "disgrace to hockey". Especially in comparison to what other players have done, I think Ovie's pretty damn tame.

Death By BB Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 02:01 PM
allstar3970

Quote:

i would have found carton hilarious when i was 13.

Old
04-16-2009, 02:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I even heard him tell a hot chick that his wife died the night before and they should go on a date.
Which he stole from Animal House.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote