HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boomer freezing out Ovechkin!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2009, 03:57 PM
  #26
we want cup
Ants in the Pants
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Which he stole from Animal House.
Hi, I'm here to pick up Fawn?


we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 03:57 PM
  #27
92hatchattack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jersey
Posts: 1,340
vCash: 500
Maybe AO should celebrate goals more like Naslund? Would that be more entertaining?

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 04:47 PM
  #28
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,943
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
What is it, some sort of voodoo jersey? Maybe Ovechkin will be ice cold and not score a single goal now that Boomer did that. Boomer should have thrown Carton in the fridge.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 06:24 PM
  #29
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
Boomer & Carton = Sports Radio 66, WFAN. Personally I'd rather have a 24 hour Steve Somers marathon, but as I said, I enjoy them (Boomer & Carton).

Also, I have never heard Craig Carton ever mention anything about the FCC or Management.
I've never listened to him on the FAN but I caught him quite a bit on 101.5 and he would disparage co-workers and complain about management. It's schtick. I don't want to ruffle any feathers here, I actually like him. I'm not easily offended.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 06:29 PM
  #30
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
I went to a caps game in december (they played the Senators, was in town for a friends bachelor party). I got a caps hat while I was there (donated to charity to get it). Just remembered that I had it so I burned it up yesterday before the game. I guess thats topical.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 06:35 PM
  #31
gravytrain6t
Registered User
 
gravytrain6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,867
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Don Cherry is at best a xenophobe, and at worst a bigot.

Ovie plays the game hard and he plays to win, but he also has fun doing it. He's not just the most talented player in the league, but also one of the hardest working.

I don't think his celebrations are disrespectful. The stuff that Avery does is worse IMO. His celebrations are very demonstrative as well, though you don't notice it as much because he scores far less often. But you'd never see Ovie doing some of the things Avery has done, like his faceguarding of brodeur last year and his tap to thomas' head.

All of that aside, Ovechkin is just an amazing and fun player to watch. Whether you love him or hate him, you can't turn away when he's got the puck.
Cherry doesn't like Avery either. But I agree with your last paragraph. He's the MJ of the NHL. It's just that he doesn't play for a model franchise I guess.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:20 PM
  #32
mhurley
Registered User
 
mhurley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Long Island
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greek fan View Post
Carton is the lowest form of human being. When i hear his voice, i get the urge to vomit.

(By the way, this totally deserved its own thread.)
I couldn't agree with you more. Someone should call out Carton on the Male Chauvanist Pig Act he has down pat and remind him it's not 1979.

He needs to stop with smarmy, leering attitude toward women, like the "Do you know more sports then a housewife" segment. Condescending *****. His "Girl of the Week" contest and calling women "broads" is pretty offensive too. Women who buy into that just enable him.

I'm surprised that Boomer would lower himself by associating with this a$$. I really like Boomer. He's a Ranger fan and a hockey fan. Because Carton is such an insipid jerk, I've tuned them out.

Boomer is the Class and Carton is the Crass.

mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 08:42 PM
  #33
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
I couldn't agree with you more. Someone should call out Carton on the Male Chauvanist Pig Act he has down pat and remind him it's not 1979.

He needs to stop with smarmy, leering attitude toward women, like the "Do you know more sports then a housewife" segment. Condescending *****. His "Girl of the Week" contest and calling women "broads" is pretty offensive too. Women who buy into that just enable him.

I'm surprised that Boomer would lower himself by associating with this a$$. I really like Boomer. He's a Ranger fan and a hockey fan. Because Carton is such an insipid jerk, I've tuned them out.

Boomer is the Class and Carton is the Crass.

Your post is the epitome of the politically correct, liberal, everything is offensive mentality.

It's embarrassing that this country is going down this road.

Carton's schtick is entertainment. If you don't like him, don't listen.

You obviously do since you know all his segments and comments. Your ratings are allowing him advertisers that keep his show on the air.

I'm getting so sick of this country. Greatest damn country in the world and people like our wonderful President and all these easily offended losers are ruining it.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:06 PM
  #34
Blue Regime
Registered User
 
Blue Regime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Groton, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 711
vCash: 500
When Ovie steps it up and notches a hat trick in Game 2, hes gonna feel like an idiot.

Blue Regime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:10 PM
  #35
allstar3970
Registered User
 
allstar3970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Your post is the epitome of the politically correct, liberal, everything is offensive mentality.

It's embarrassing that this country is going down this road.

Carton's schtick is entertainment. If you don't like him, don't listen.

You obviously do since you know all his segments and comments. Your ratings are allowing him advertisers that keep his show on the air.

I'm getting so sick of this country. Greatest damn country in the world and people like our wonderful President and all these easily offended losers are ruining it.
im not offended by him, i just think he's lame and unfunny.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:33 PM
  #36
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
im not offended by him, i just think he's lame and unfunny.

It wasn't directed at you. I've got no problem with people not liking him. But these people who cry wolf about being offended over every little thing are so irritating.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 09:45 PM
  #37
Banks3rdLineCenter
 
Banks3rdLineCenter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Your post is the epitome of the politically correct, liberal, everything is offensive mentality.

It's embarrassing that this country is going down this road.

Carton's schtick is entertainment. If you don't like him, don't listen.

You obviously do since you know all his segments and comments. Your ratings are allowing him advertisers that keep his show on the air.

I'm getting so sick of this country. Greatest damn country in the world and people like our wonderful President and all these easily offended losers are ruining it.
Thank you robruckus for saving me the time of posting this myself.

If someone is offended by Carton than they should switch over to Mike and Mike and listen to them make lame jokes about all the doughnuts Golic ate yesterday and Greenie's new manicure.

Jeez people, relax.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:06 PM
  #38
mhurley
Registered User
 
mhurley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Long Island
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
I like to get the sports news, especially hockey news, in the morning on the way to work. I have listened to the program because Boomer does address hockey, particularly Ranger hockey. Whenever Carton starts is in with his garbage, I switch channels.

Maybe if the women being objectified were Carton's or your wives/sisters/daughters/girlfriends you wouldn't find him a) so amusing or b) unobjectionable.

mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:20 PM
  #39
ruckus*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
I like to get the sports news, especially hockey news, in the morning on the way to work. I have listened to the program because Boomer does address hockey, particularly Ranger hockey. Whenever Carton starts is in with his garbage, I switch channels.

Maybe if the women being objectified were Carton's or your wives/sisters/daughters/girlfriends you wouldn't find him a) so amusing or b) unobjectionable.


My girlfriend would be the first to tell you what a ruiner of this country you are for telling her she should be offended when someone calls her a broad.

Calling someone a broad doesn't make you a sexist. Nor does having a segment on your show for picking out the most beautiful one you can find.

In fact, my mom, sisters, and every one of the women I'm friends with would state how much they can't stand people like you.


And if you're not a female, I'll tell you first hand that women don't want you speaking for them.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:30 PM
  #40
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhurley View Post
I like to get the sports news, especially hockey news, in the morning on the way to work. I have listened to the program because Boomer does address hockey, particularly Ranger hockey. Whenever Carton starts is in with his garbage, I switch channels.

Maybe if the women being objectified were Carton's or your wives/sisters/daughters/girlfriends you wouldn't find him a) so amusing or b) unobjectionable.
Oh, give me a break. There are plenty of women who listen to that show and such. Objectifying women because of the "do you know more sports than a housewife" bit? Many times the women end up winning, I guess that's objectifying them?

Tourney of Babes? Because we haven't seen that everywhere else?

Calling women broads? Because we haven't heard worse on TV every day. Heck people like Frank Sinatra called women broads all the time, but that was back when people didn't get upset about every little thing.

I know he can act really idiotic, and personally if Boomer wasn't there to even it out, it would be horrid. However, both of them together I feel work great and the fact that they get good enough ratings that they're still on the air means something.

I hate this whole PC culture that we live in today. You want a good example of how people overreact in today's world?


If something like this happened today, there would be outrage all over the world. Back then, no one cared, if it was funny and without real malevolent intent, than who cares?

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:46 PM
  #41
danno2530
 
danno2530's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,453
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I've really grown to enjoy Boomer and Carton. For a while I listened to Mike and Mike and I've grown tired of it. Besides the fact that they repeat the exact same topic three times during the duration of the show, it seems almost entirely scripted and Mike and Mike are maybe together roughly 55% of the time (and when they aren't, that ****ing idiot Erik Kuselius is in there), I think Boomer and Carton have good chemistry. Carton is kind of a jackass and I disagree with him almost all of the time (although his impersonations of Russo and Suzyn Waldman put me in tears ), but Boomer knows his stuff and he does a good job of keeping him in line.

As for Ovechkin, I love the guy, I don't have a problem with the celebrations, he's a great player and he's a unique personality. But I hate him and the rest of his team for the next few days.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 10:56 PM
  #42
DontStaal
Registered User
 
DontStaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 1,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Still have no idea why everyone loves this guy.

The way he carries himself is a joke.

Don Cherry wasn't wrong.
i'll only agree since we're playing against them

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 11:01 PM
  #43
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
Still have no idea why everyone loves this guy.

The way he carries himself is a joke.

Don Cherry wasn't wrong.
totally agree...the all star game thing was so ********. He skates in with a costume and two sticks, ends up doing nothing a pee wee player couldn't do.

I liked him when he first came up, because I predicted he'd be better than Crosby, but every year I can't stand him more and more. He's obviously a great player, but his persona is a total joke. He acts like certain players in other sports if you catch my drift.

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 11:27 PM
  #44
JohnAmarante*
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
totally agree...the all star game thing was so ********. He skates in with a costume and two sticks, ends up doing nothing a pee wee player couldn't do.
That's why they need to not have the fan voting. It was funny but clearly was more deserved by other players.

JohnAmarante* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 08:52 AM
  #45
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 30,628
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Hi, I'm here to pick up Fawn?

I wonder if Shelly Dubinsky is related to Brandon....

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 08:59 AM
  #46
we want cup
Ants in the Pants
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 11,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I wonder if Shelly Dubinsky is related to Brandon....
I actually noticed that the last time I watched the movie.

"Do you mind if we dance with your dates?"

we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:11 AM
  #47
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,446
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
I went to a caps game in december (they played the Senators, was in town for a friends bachelor party). I got a caps hat while I was there (donated to charity to get it). Just remembered that I had it so I burned it up yesterday before the game. I guess thats topical.
YEEAH!!!!

Maineice11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 01:37 PM
  #48
thewaitingisover
Registered User
 
thewaitingisover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Don Cherry is at best a xenophobe, and at worst a bigot.

Ovie plays the game hard and he plays to win, but he also has fun doing it. He's not just the most talented player in the league, but also one of the hardest working.

I don't think his celebrations are disrespectful. The stuff that Avery does is worse IMO. His celebrations are very demonstrative as well, though you don't notice it as much because he scores far less often. But you'd never see Ovie doing some of the things Avery has done, like his faceguarding of brodeur last year and his tap to thomas' head.

All of that aside, Ovechkin is just an amazing and fun player to watch. Whether you love him or hate him, you can't turn away when he's got the puck.
what he said. yeah, all of it.

thewaitingisover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 04:36 PM
  #49
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,523
vCash: 500
The Freeze is on!

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 04:37 PM
  #50
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,309
vCash: 500
Hell yeaa

Keep it Frozen!

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.