Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Jan Filc stays with team Slovakia

Old
05-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Kamzik

vCash: 500
Jan Filc stays with team Slovakia

Coach Jan Filc will remain the coach of the Slovak NT despite the recent 10th place finish at the World Championships in Switzerland. Filc has a contract with the Slovak NT until June 2010. This of course means that Filc will be coach Slovakia during the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. I think this is probably a good idea. We are perhaps too close to the Olympics for a major change.

If it was up to me, I would consider a foreign coach, in particular one that stresses team defence. I think a proper team system is even more important than the roster. I think Slovakia would have more success if they used a system like the Minnesota Wild under Jacques Lemaire. Why not even offer the job to Lemaire himself, it would be a nice retirement opportunity, and he is already well familiar with Gaborik, Radivojevic, and Demitra. I know Lubomir Visnovsky supports this idea of a foreign coach, and has suggested Andy Murray take over.

All this being said however, Filc is probably the safest bet for the Olympics given that we are only 9 months away from the tournament.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2009, 05:38 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
Well, this is not an unexpected desicion, but that is quiet a stupid quote there from Filc about the young players there.

I personally wouldn´t want to see a Canadian coach take over, because that would mean we´d turn to that kind of system Switzerland, Belarus or Latvia are playing and with all the respect to their succes if that was to happen with our NT, I m rather gonna stop watching it. Not even talking about Lemaire´s system of playThe national team coach or the national team itself are not important right now, the youth is what is important now.

I´ve decided that I´m not going to judge Filc now as he claims that the work that had been done with young players will be visible in 4-5 years, so I´m going to wait until then to see whether it was just another load of crap of chit-chat.

slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote