HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Antropov value

Old
04-16-2009, 05:37 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
I love him on this team. One of my favorite Rangers by far.

I hope the Rangers keep him. I will be awfully disappointed if they don't.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 06:18 PM
embracedbias

The only downside of having him on your team is that you will have to foot the burden of defending him against foolish people on the main boards.

Who am I kidding, I love arguing about Antropov's value. Nevertheless, I hope that he'll have an even better season next year (and during the playoffs this year) and he won't be as undervalued anymore.

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 06:40 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Ugh, I can't believe we didn't get a 1st for him. I said before the deadline he was worth a 1st. The condition on the pick should have been at least if he's resigned. The condition on the pick is somewhat insulting, considering the player we gave up.

I rather wish Burke had kept him. The one move Burke has made so far, that I really dislike.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:10 PM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenedictGomez View Post
He's been awesome, which should be a shock to absolutely nobody. He's the one addition I wanted Lou to make at the deadline, but the asking price was too high. The Rangers paid it, and at the time I thought it was too much, but there's not a snowball's chance in hades the Rangers would have made the playoffs without NA, so obviously it was worth it.

As for keeping him, I dont think it's realistic to think the Rangers can keep him unless they move a Gomez or a Redden (which is also unrealistic) or choose not to match a Zherdov offer sheet. Frankly, I dont think the Rangers are nearly as effective if they loose either of NA or NZ, so it's a real catch-22 for Sather IMO.
Zherdev has been my favorite Ranger player all year long, but to say that they aren't as effective without him is kind of naive. He has been invisible for two months now, maybe longer. The guy is LOADED with talent, but he doesn't have sustainability right now. I won't even knock his desire, because I think that is there. I just think he lacks concentration.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
I love him on this team. One of my favorite Rangers by far.

I hope the Rangers keep him. I will be awfully disappointed if they don't.
I totally second that

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:44 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Forman View Post
Ugh, I can't believe we didn't get a 1st for him. I said before the deadline he was worth a 1st. The condition on the pick should have been at least if he's resigned. The condition on the pick is somewhat insulting, considering the player we gave up.

I rather wish Burke had kept him. The one move Burke has made so far, that I really dislike.
Isn't a 2nd better than nothing? What good would it have done to keep him for 18 or so meaningless games?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkOnEStreet View Post
Zherdev has been my favorite Ranger player all year long, but to say that they aren't as effective without him is kind of naive. He has been invisible for two months now, maybe longer. The guy is LOADED with talent, but he doesn't have sustainability right now. I won't even knock his desire, because I think that is there. I just think he lacks concentration.
Not to pull this thread too far off topic but I totally agree. I don't think Zherdev is lazy like a lot of other people on here, I think he's just a horrible decision maker. In every situation he will always opt for the play of the highest difficulty instead of just doing the simple things.

If Zherdev just made the same decisions in the offensive zone as Antropov does there would be no problem.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmac22 View Post
Hey
I haven't got to see much of Antropov since he was traded, other than watching highlights. Just wanted to see what Rangers fans opinions were of how he has done, seems like he's been on the scoreboard fairly often.

What type of contract will he be looking at this summer? Has his value risen since the deadline? Any chance the Rangers can re-sign him?
I doubt you will find anyone who doesn't like him.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:21 AM
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkOnEStreet View Post
Zherdev has been my favorite Ranger player all year long, but to say that they aren't as effective without him is kind of naive. He has been invisible for two months now, maybe longer.

Oh really? So it's "kind of naive" for me to suggest the Rangers wouldnt be as effective without the guy who tied for team lead in points with 58? I think not. The Rangers would be on a golf course right now without Zherdev, and it's "kind of naive" for you to suggest otherwise.

BenedictGomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Oh really? So it's "kind of naive" for me to suggest the Rangers wouldnt be as effective without the guy who tied for team lead in points with 58? I think not. The Rangers would be on a golf course right now without Zherdev, and it's "kind of naive" for you to suggest otherwise.
If the Rangers had Antropov all year and no Zherdev, they would be in the playoffs

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 12:05 PM
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome

Who would you guys consider to be the best Rangers forward?

MeowLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 12:27 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlBum View Post
Who would you guys consider to be the best Rangers forward?
Gomez = best forward on team.
Zherdev = most talented forward on team.
Callahan = most consistent performing forward on team.

IMO.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 12:56 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
If the Rangers had Antropov all year and no Zherdev, they would be in the playoffs
And if we had Kovalchuk instead of Naslund, we would have been 10 points better. What's your point?

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 01:04 PM
LyNX27

You had me at "Kovalchuk"

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 01:56 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
Nice to see that he's doing so well, and I think you guys have a great chance at resigning him before he hits free agency if he likes NY (and who doesn't really). Just a quality guy to have on your team, with underrated skills. I really think Sather got the steal of the deadline in picking him up.
He's already stated he likes NY on NHL.com. I was reading it yesterday http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=418094. I never heard a word from Zherdev saying how much he enjoys being a Ranger. And it certainly does seem like "Torts" favors Antropov over Zherdev. But I think we know there isn't any guarantee. We have two UFA's on defense in Morris and Mara. Dubinsky, Callahan, Korpikoski, Betts, Sjostrom and Zherdev are all RFA's and then after next year's season, Staal and Girardi are RFA's. It must have crossed Sather's mind (or i hope so) that Staal will get a pretty lucrative offer from some NHL team out there.

I think this series with the Caps will be long and I obviously hope the Rangers come out on top. But when the playoffs finally do come to an end, I think Tortorella and Sather will sit down, look at those names above, and it will be a very interesting summer for Rangers fans as far as who is coming, going and staying.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 02:09 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
I think this series with the Caps will be long and I obviously hope the Rangers come out on top. But when the playoffs finally do come to an end, I think Tortorella and Sather will sit down, look at those names above, and it will be a very interesting summer for Rangers fans as far as who is coming, going and staying.
I agree. The good thing is that we can go as much as 10% over the cap during the summer, so we can sign the players we want to keep and then worry about getting under the cap after. That may result in us getting reemed on a trade or two, but I'd rather that than lose our young guns.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Rmac22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
I doubt you will find anyone who doesn't like him.
Good to see he's getting respect from someone other than Leafs fans.

Rmac22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Reydin

He loves Bass fishing, that alone makes him ok in my book, how can anybody not like him.

Reydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Antropov makes benefit glorious nation of Kazakhstan, he definitely needs to be resigned to achieve great success!

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 05:04 PM
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
How many points did he have in the last month of the season? He has been invisible for long periods. He has by far the most talent on the team, without question. However I don't think his point production would have been impossible to replace this year. I sure hope he stays, but to suggest that the Rangers won't be a playoff team without him next year is silly.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 11:26 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

I'm worried we're going to end up with a 6'6 version of Zherdev. He's been great since the deadline, but he's been pretty inconsistent over the last few years. I'm nervous about extending a contract to a guy who we've only had for a couple weeks.

He's been one of our better forwards since he arrived, can't argue with that.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 01:58 AM
TylerDurden77

Dump Nazzy
Trade Rosi
Bury Redden
Sign Antropov, Mara, Z and possibly Morris

Nazzy+Rosi+Redden = 15.5M
Antro+Mara+Z+Morris = 10.417M (Now)
So you should be able to resign 3/4 of those players.

Our leftover RFA situation is kind of scary though (Cally, Sjo, Korpi, Dubi, Potter)
Other UFA's (Betts, Vally, Orr)

TylerDurden77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 02:20 AM
McMonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden77 View Post
Dump Nazzy
Trade Rosi
Bury Redden
Sign Antropov, Mara, Z and possibly Morris

Nazzy+Rosi+Redden = 15.5M
Antro+Mara+Z+Morris = 10.417M (Now)
So you should be able to resign 3/4 of those players.
easier said than done

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 02:28 AM
TylerDurden77

since we signed gilroy im thinking slats has something up his sleeve

TylerDurden77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 01:29 PM
Gutchecktime

I came over here at the time of the trade with the intention of assuring people that Nik Antropov had been criminally underrated in Toronto and that you'd all love him. I am THRILLED for this guy that he's finally getting some credit and although I'd love to have him back here, it's probably best for him to stay in a place where he'll get the recognition he deserves.

There's a bunch of Antropov supporters from Toronto who have a rooting interest for the Rangers this postseason. A great deal for you guys. Enjoy him!

Gutchecktime is offline   Reply With Quote