HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Sports > Mixed Martial Arts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mixed Martial Arts UFC, Bellator, HDNet Fights, WSOF, MFC, KOTC, One FC, and others

Smaller Promotions Discussion (MFC, Dream, Sengoku, Invicta, ect)

Old
03-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Gucci mane

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Gucci mane
So if Fedor beats Werdum and Overeem what is next for him to do besides sign for ufc? I dont get why he wouldn't unless he cares more about money instead of his legacy.

Gucci mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Gucci mane

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/1/31...y-to-get-first

Looks like sakurai will fight nick diaz. I think he will probably get ***** by diaz if he fights the way he did against gono. Im also surprised Hieron didnt get the first crack at nick surprisingly. There goes another great fighter from strikeforce.

Old
03-20-2010, 10:32 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gucci mane View Post
So if Fedor beats Werdum and Overeem what is next for him to do besides sign for ufc? I dont get why he wouldn't unless he cares more about money instead of his legacy.
I still really want to see him fight Barnett, if Barnett can get on track.

kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 11:47 AM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Here are the fights from last night. Haven't watched most of them yet.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/3/22...s-josh-barnett (just videos, no spoilers)

colonel_korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 12:44 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/3/22...s-josh-barnett (just videos, no spoilers)
That was one of the most painful looking low blows I've ever seen. That's awesome that Barnett let Mo return the favour after the fight.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 01:09 PM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn View Post

Pretty bad fights. Ambriz-Minowa seemed really fishy to me

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2010, 02:54 PM
Gucci mane

Just watched it now and the fights were decent. Minowman fight looked rigged as hell like how ambriz let him roll over him like that. Also the official shouldve stop the fight after barnett kick to the balls.

Old
03-23-2010, 08:22 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Just watched it now and the fights were decent. Minowman fight looked rigged as hell like how ambriz let him roll over him like that. Also the official shouldve stop the fight after barnett kick to the balls.
The official had no choice at all. FEG boss Tanikawa was ringside in his pin striped suit, personally making Mighty Mo continue via translator. Most bush league thing I've seen in awhile. Much respect to Mighty Mo though.

Old
03-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Sebastien Centomo

Quote:
This is just pathetic if its true.Why would Yoshida want to get embarrassed in his retirement match.
In Japan it's tradition to lose your retirement match. A loss to a fighter like Fedor would be an honourable way for Yoshida to go out.

Sebastien Centomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 10:44 AM
Captain_Cunney

Another solid night of fights by Dream, especiall for the price of $0.00.

I didn't get to see the main event as my PVR cut out! I know Hellboy lost a split, can someone tell me how the fight played out? Was it close, did the weight cut hurt him?

I thought it was strange the Chonan was an underdog in his fight. His record was 1-3 in his last 4 but that was in the UFC where the majority of the guys are better than any 170lb'er in Japan. It would've been a great fight to lay some cash on.

I thought Kikuno looked really good again, hopefully he gets another "Eddie Alvarez" calber fighter next.

I really got a kick out of Dida calling on Noons to throwdown even though he continued to run away....

Captain_Cunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:48 AM
pox

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to pox
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathFromAbove View Post
Pretty bad fights. Ambriz-Minowa seemed really fishy to me
if it was a work then the fight would not look that bad

pox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2010, 11:53 AM
pox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I didn't get to see the main event as my PVR cut out! I know Hellboy lost a split, can someone tell me how the fight played out? Was it close, did the weight cut hurt him?
It was close, and the weight cut did not look like it was hurting him. Hellboy started off slow and only realy came on in that last five... which is why he lost the figth I think.

Old
03-24-2010, 11:56 AM
pox

Quote:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/1/31...y-to-get-first

Looks like sakurai will fight nick diaz. I think he will probably get ***** by diaz if he fights the way he did against gono. Im also surprised Hieron didnt get the first crack at nick surprisingly. There goes another great fighter from strikeforce.
Nick doesnt want to fight Hieron, he camps says that no good will come of that fight, if Nick wins then people will say he just beat up a No name and if hes gets beat then people will say he just got beat up by a nobody.

Old
03-24-2010, 03:44 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Glad to see most of us are caught up on the DREAM 13 event. What a night of fights. I love that DREAM and Strikeforce are thriving. Great for the sport.

First thing that surprised me was that Trigg was back in the booth. I've disliked him since his groin strike on Matt Hughes (even though I don't like Matt Hughes)... and he likes to run his mouth. But he's a good commentator, loved his work in PRIDE. Kind of like Frank Mir with the WEC. Both of them are d-bags. A shame Metzger wasn't there though. I like Metzger's work, and he seems to balance that oddity Schiavello. I can't believe so many people like Michael Schiavello (but then again, I can't stand Australians - so he doesn't really stand a chance). Having Rice/Rutten there would have been nice too.

I love how Japanese events introduce all the fighters before the event starts. I would love it if the UFC and Strikeforce followed suit. It promotes the sportsmanship of the event, showing fighters side by side, together. I also really liked the national anthems before the title fight.

If you didn't already love Katsunori Kikuno, him walking out to "We Are The World" ought to have clinched it for you. The guy is awesome. I love watching his fights. Great liver kick and knockout, too.

I still can't believe they made Mighty Mo continue. I think that was shady and disrespectful. When a cup gets kicked up like that... UGHHHH. In post-fight talks he has been petitioning for a rematch. Barnett has agreed, but I doubt it will be booked, unless it's almost immediately. They're looking to get him to fight Overeem, provided Overeem can beat Rogers (and beat his drug test) in Strikeforce. That looks like it will be one of the next big "DREAM vs Strikeforce" events on the horizon.

Cole Escovedo's head kick knockout was absolutely stunning. Maeda was asleep for a long time. Pretty scary stuff, I hope that guy's okay. If you didn't see the knockout, see it. KO of the year so far, easily.

KJ Noons fought with a broken foot. Sounds like he's hoping to fight Kikuno at some point. That's a fight I'd love to see.

Bibiano Fernandes - the Canadian champ nobody pays any attention to. I love watching this guy fight. How is this guy never talked about? The UFC owns Canadian MMA media. Rogers only talks about the UFC. "Showdown Joe" Ferraro has helped raise the profile of MMA in Canada, but he's a puppet of the UFC and never gives any fair representation to competitor promotions. And all his interview questions are total softballs. He isn't a journalist, he's a marketing tool. I compare him to AC Slater, on whatever garbage hollywood program that is he works for. If you follow Showdown Joe on Twitter, stop. Follow @SI_JoshGross, @BloodyElbow and @MMAWeeklycom instead.

Captain_Cunney - a shame your recording cut out (always add extra time for these live events!! haha). Fernandes/Hansen was a very spirited fight, and really could have gone either way based on how fights are scored in Japan. Hansen looked very strong towards the end of the fight. It was also great to see all the winners in the ring together at the end of the fight. Josh Barnett is a star. Letting Kikuno re-enact his liver kick at the end was a really nice touch. Yes, he's a cheater, but he's humble, and shares the spotlight with grace. Few fighters have this way about them. I wish more fighters had a similar attitude.

In other news, If any of you guys are looking for a good nostalgic night of fights, go back and watch PRIDE SHOCKWAVE 2002. I've been re-watching all of the old events, and loving it. Can't get my hands on any of the Pancrase, RINGS, or Rumble on the Rock events though (help?).

Old
03-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Gucci mane

Damn i didn't know Bibiano Fernandes was fighting out of canada or is he canadian also?

Old
03-24-2010, 07:15 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Damn i didn't know Bibiano Fernandes was fighting out of canada or is he canadian also?
He's been in the Vancouver area since 2005, as far as I know. He bears both Canada and Brazil 's flags on his clothes. I assume he's a permanent resident or citizen.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/M...136/story.html

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/B...111/story.html

Old
03-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Gucci mane

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
He's been in the Vancouver area since 2005, as far as I know. He bears both Canada and Brazil 's flags on his clothes. I assume he's a permanent resident or citizen.

Ya i just watched the post-conference of dream and he was were shirt with both canada flag and brazil's. Also josh barnett shows up drunk haha.

Old
03-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Gucci mane

Have you notice now how abnormally skinny hansens legs are now? The dude is losing his groove right now.

Old
03-25-2010, 02:14 AM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Have you notice now how abnormally skinny hansens legs are now? The dude is losing his groove right now.
His waist too... his torso looked freakish. He must put himself through hell to cut.

I didn't think I was losing his groove though, necessarily. He looked to be full of energy through to the end of the fight.

Old
03-25-2010, 10:16 AM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
Captain_Cunney - a shame your recording cut out (always add extra time for these live events!! haha). Fernandes/Hansen was a very spirited fight, and really could have gone either way based on how fights are scored in Japan. Hansen looked very strong towards the end of the fight. It was also great to see all the winners in the ring together at the end of the fight. Josh Barnett is a star. Letting Kikuno re-enact his liver kick at the end was a really nice touch. Yes, he's a cheater, but he's humble, and shares the spotlight with grace. Few fighters have this way about them. I wish more fighters had a similar attitude.
I'm going to catch the re-air. I had set the PVR for an extra 45 mins, that groin shot was the cause of my PVR failure!

I'm gald you're on the Kikuno wagon, I also love watching that dude fight. The liver kick was insane! A matchup between him and Noons should be very explosive.

My opinion on Barnett is the same, sure he's a cheat but he seems like a hell of a guy. Seeing him and Ubereem fight should be awesome.

Old
03-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Gucci mane

http://nightmareofbattle.com/?p=1187

Dream 14 is canceled. Which is weird since they had alot of K-1 events held at korea.

Old
03-26-2010, 11:06 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:

Interesting. I always thought he trained out of Brazil.

I agree with your earlier remarks on Barnett. He seems like a great guy. That was awesome when he let Might Mo boot him in the nuts as payback for Barnett doing it to him in the fight.

Old
03-26-2010, 01:07 PM
kurt
the last emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Interesting. I always thought he trained out of Brazil.

I agree with your earlier remarks on Barnett. He seems like a great guy. That was awesome when he let Might Mo boot him in the nuts as payback for Barnett doing it to him in the fight.
If Joe Ferraro and the team from 'MMA Connected' had an ounce of journalistic integrity, you'd be aware of this.

Old
03-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Captain_Cunney

Quote:
If Joe Ferraro and the team from 'MMA Connected' had an ounce of journalistic integrity, you'd be aware of this.
I am also in the camp that cannot stand Showdown Joe. Does anyone know what happened with "The MMA Show" on the Score? I haven't saw it in a few weeks but listening to Renallo was soooo much more pleasing.

Old
03-26-2010, 04:28 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
I enjoy MMA Connected but have noticed it's basically a UFC show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Cunney View Post
I am also in the camp that cannot stand Showdown Joe. Does anyone know what happened with "The MMA Show" on the Score? I haven't saw it in a few weeks but listening to Renallo was soooo much more pleasing.
I noticed that too. It better not be gone for good. It is a much better show then MMA Connected. Better host and better variety of content.