HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Habs lose 4-2

Closed Thread

Old
04-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
The thing is that he did what was needed of him and played very well. He had Chara thinking and wondering if he was about to be hit.

Needed or not, Its not with Laraque that your gonna get a good cycle game going to create the great chances that line was making with Tanguay. The line was one of the hottest lines in the league. We need them to score goals.

Old
04-17-2009, 01:09 PM
jcpenny

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
Needed or not, Its not with Laraque that your gonna get a good cycle game going to create the great chances that line was making with Tanguay. The line was one of the hottest lines in the league. We need them to score goals.
If we play our game, we can win without Markov. Thats means, no Laraque on the first line, double shift Tanguay and Kovy and get something out of AKost. I was very pleased with what i saw yesterday and i know we can beat this team even without Markov.

Old
04-17-2009, 01:25 PM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Agreed.

There were quite a few missed calls on us as well. (Lappy jumping elbow comes to mind).
I think the reffing was quite good yesterday. I wouldn't mind if the entire series was reffed like that.

Old
04-17-2009, 01:33 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
For sure, but I don't mind the occasional shift with him on the line to mix things up. That is not the reason we lost, it had to do with some stupid penalties and a second line that just cannot buy a good game.

Old
04-17-2009, 01:34 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
We needed a goal. And it was clear Kovy and Saku didn't know how to play with BGL to accentuate his strength by the space he was creating by driving the net. Heck it almost felt like Kovy did not want to play with George, he was uninspired. You saw some light in him when Tanguay came back on the line briefly. Bob did not see that. Not only that but his PP mixes were questionable at best. Should have kept Saku, Kovy and Tanguay with Schneider. The Lapierre line should not be on the PP. And Andrei and Plek did not deserve to be on the PP.

Bob is great at psychology but he's not the most awakened coach.
those two statements are contradictory unless you are implying you want to see Metro/Dandy on the pp

Old
04-17-2009, 02:13 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Kevin Paul Dupont shares his in-depth and objective analysis of last night's game: http://blogues.cyberpresse.ca/lnh/?p=1034
seriously?

Bruins "steamrolled" habs? Really? Are they watching the same game I did? I recall the habs buzzing the bruins in the first half of the 3rd period as the fans were turning on the home team. You get a goal there and all of a sudden, you have a 3-2 lead on the road with a hostile crowd getting even nastier towards the home side.

Old
04-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
GOD!! We had them!

I don't know why Gorges took that penalty but it really killed us. I was fed up with the refs all night long....

Win the next game to carry the momentum at home.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!

Old
04-17-2009, 06:51 PM
x-bob

This loss hurt a lot. We were so close but, in the playoffs, close doesn't cut it! We need to take next game but I'm wondering if Gainey will change the roster or go with a status quo.

Some things that I'd like to see next game...

1) Brisebois out - Weber in (He can't be any worse)
2) Laraque off the first line (He had many scoring chances but a player like Tanguay or Kostitsyn would have buried them)
3) Give most PP time to Kovalev, Koivu, Tanguay, Lapierre, Latendressey, Higgins and Kostitsyn.
4) Hit Chara hard and often. (We have to try and take him off his game like last year)
5) More puck possession instead of blind or impossible passes. We need to draw penalties and that means keeping the puck along the boards and driving the front of the net.

Old
04-17-2009, 06:53 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
those two statements are contradictory unless you are implying you want to see Metro/Dandy on the pp
We have limited personel with S. Kostitsyn, Land and Markov out. In my opinion, Plekanec should be the only benched for the PP because he seems lost out there.

Old
04-17-2009, 09:35 PM
sampollock

brezeer's cross ice passes are not helping

and ak is a flake

and plec's is a chicken sheet

kinda of rounds out why we can't score

Old
04-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Teufelsdreck

The Bruins did almost everything properly, the Habs very little. All the PPs went to Boston, and itwasn't because of poor officiating--the Bruins made their opportunities and the Habs acted like their accomplices. The result: domination by the Bruins. They had a fairly easy game. Will the Habs play better in the Bell Centre? I don't take it for granted that they will. They'll put the same players on ice, so why should we expect more?

Closed Thread