HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs lose 4-2

Closed Thread

Old
04-16-2009, 09:45 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony152 View Post
brisebois should never play again
never ever again
why??????????? the **** did he play today????????????????

Old
tiredman

No more BGL on the 1st line please.

Plekanec's line didn't look good tonight.

Old
eightyseven

I just don't understand what Plekanec is so scared of. If he doesn't like contact, he should go back to Europe on the big ice. He says he wants to help this team win, taking 2 penalties and being invisible otherwise is helping!?

Old
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

the only time i cheer for bruins is one they hit brisebois and i cross fingers its career ending

Old
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Dandenault played really good tonight, hopefully Markov is back soon because our D will look rock solid with Brisebois out.

Old
Sept joueurs

This isn't really the time a year when we start experimenting with lines and such... come on Bob, really.

And this game is on Gorges, what a stupid, stupid penalty with just 9 minutes left to play.

Nice to see some emotions at the end, this series is far from over.

Old
04-16-2009, 09:46 PM
12jf54

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
Laps line wasn't great too to be honest. They got a couple of chances but they their forechecking was basically nonexistent.
That's not what they'll say on L'antichambre ...and you know it :

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
moral victory?
I'm sure I heard that before.....

We can say that though we laughed at the Bruins for the exact same thing. Thing is, I'm pretty sure we've seen the worst out of the Bruins. So losing cannot be good news though it could give us the idea that we can play with those guys.

Old
bhuya71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post
WTF was Tanguay still doing on the fourth line with 5 mins left!!?!?!

Brisebois is awful. We need Markov back quick.

We didnt dominate but we didnt get dominated either. It was pretty even.
he actually made the line quite quite dangerous...

Old
RE-HABS

Brisebois needs to be off the ice, he is brutal and is a big problem out there.

Gorges should have been smarter than doing a cross check like that with the play and the puck not even there, his idiotic play cost us the game...a game we were poised to win because we were dominating the play in the 2nd and the is half of the 3rd as well.

Price played well.

The majority of the team played well, the Plekanec line is awful though and they are dreadful away from the puck. I would rather see AK47 sat and Stewart in the line up.

Bruins escaped with a win.

Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs514 View Post
Boston barely beat us. A couple of stupid mistakes and a dumb penalty cost us the win.
Well...that may be the story of this series.
Habs will be in the game for 2 periods but concede the GWG in the third on a dumb penalty.

I predicted the Chara's goal right after Gorges penalty. Not only the penalty was ridiculously dumb but the PK was also awful. No pressure on the puck handler and no blocked shot.

Old
hersky77

What can I say, we deserved a better faith in this one, but ***** happens. Price was great, not his fault we lost this game. Gorges don't take penalties like that when the puck is out of the zone, even though Savard just dropped like a rag doll what can we do. Brisebois should never play a shift again, he was completely useless out there. Overall the habs should have had this one, next game will be theirs.

PS Bruins fans are such whiny people they complain about every little thing, and they call us morons.

GO HABS GO

Old
04-16-2009, 09:47 PM
C4KOMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Laraque played pretty well, and he kept Chara busy to clear up some space for Kovalev.
Busy scoring

Big L
much talk
no action.

Old
LeMAD

We need a coach.

And three more defenseman for Brisebois, Gorges and Schneider. The rest was pretty positive. But our defense is too small.

Old
PyrettaBlaze

Maybe it's just me, but Laraque shouldn't have been on the first line once we were down 3-2.

Besides that,
Brisebois & Akost & Plekanec were horrible tonight.
Bruins looked... I'm not sure how they looked. Scared maybe?
Rest of the team was solid, and we should have a chance in this series.

Old
04-16-2009, 09:48 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
**** Gainey for playing Brisebois.

**** him also for putting LARAQUE on LINE 1 (Carbo syndrome anyone?)

All in all, I still believe we'll beat those losers.
The fact that Gainey signed Brisebois AGAIN is just one reason why he shouldn't be back next year.

I mean the guy was run out of town for a reason, but leave it to Gainey bring his *ss back.

Pleky didn't play like a little girl.... he played like a baby.

The entire Pleky line sucked...no passion. At least try Sergi, he may at least wake up his brother!!

Old
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 473
Tough loss, but this team played a good game tonight but it was ruined by, once again, stupid details that hurt us all the time against good teams.

Key factors:

- STUPID PENALTIES. Why why why is our team so f@#$ing undisciplined. Gorges penalty was absolutely IDIOTIC. It's PJ AXELSSON. He's completely useless offensively and wouldn't hurt a fly. Good lord Josh. Plekanec took a stupid one in the first to give the Bruins some momentum. Everyone went into the game talking about the Bruins being the team that will take bad penalties, but they ended up having more PP's

- Gainey's ridiculous insistance on keeping Laraque (and he played well, it's not a knock on him) on the Koivu line was a HUGE factor. We kept hemming the Bruins in their zone but we couldn't cash in. Tanguay on that line and Kovalev playing his natural position could have been the difference.

- Someone needs to hammer Kessel and fast. The guy owns us. Make it harder on him.

- The Plekanec line, but especially Plekanec. Sigh is all you can say at this point.

- You see in games like this against a quality team how much having a limited player like Kosto on your top 9 hurts. The guy was brutal all night at things you need him to be good at. Muffed several clearing attempts on PK's, blew at least one icing and horrible coverage on Chara's goal.

Overall, we played good. I think we saw the Bruins are vulnerable. But we can't fall behind by 2. We can't have Price give them a goal like the 1st one. And we most certainly can NOT end the night having spent more time in the box than them.

Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy13 View Post
Laraques played well on the first line to set a tempo. The fact that Bob kept him there pretty much THE WHOLE ****ING GAME is what pisses me off.
This...

When we needed a goal...why not put one of the best lines in the nhl back together??? It got us INTO the playoffs. Unbeleivable. There was always a play and then Tanguay missing to complete it or be the setup man. SO F'in frustrating. Also...are we going out of our way to take bad penalties??? WTF!!! Gorges. Come ON! you played an awesome game, then f'd it alllll up. Carey played amazing and you gave him that!

So pissed we threw that awesome comeback away.

Old
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
I just don't understand what Plekanec is so scared of. If he doesn't like contact, he should go back to Europe on the big ice. He says he wants to help this team win, taking 2 penalties and being invisible otherwise is helping!?
Pleks should just sit down with Koivu tonight and see what it takes to play in the playoffs. Several times, I saw Plekanec crow away from contact with Chara. Koivu on the other hand took it to Chara shift after shift. I think Plekanec can be effective because he can skate and he has skill, but he's playing scared. I just hate how the Bruins have gotten in the heads of some of these players.

Old
Erythro73

In what world did we dominate them? In what world? The game I saw was the Bruins being a very disciplined, hard-working and physical team vs a not-so-disciplined team who couldn't bury his chances. If anything, we were awful. Our players took bad penalties, we missed our chances, we lose tempo after they score (first goal put aside).

We NEED a second trio who produces, i.e. put away Plekanec who couldn't produce with Kovalev or anyone else away and give another player his chance.

We won't win anything playing like that.

Oh, and Price wasn't stellar tonight.

Old
Pascal

Koivu/Tanguay and Kovy were great together. I don't get why Laraque was still there in the 3rd.. and I said that when it was 2-2, that we needed a goal.

Gorges had a really bad game, Brisebois too. MARKOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooov

Old
04-16-2009, 09:49 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

My lineup for next game;

Tanguay - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Metropolit - Sergei
Latendrese - Lapierre - Kostopoulos
Stewart/Andrei - Plekanec - D'Agostini

Weber in for Brisebois.

Old
Habs12max

Good game by Plekanec, Laraque and Breezer.

Old
Shred

No ifs and buts, we need Markov, period if we want a shot at winning this series. We didn't play a bad game but didn't generate nearly enough offense, Plekanec's line notably being awful as usual. Still I'm confident that with Markov in our defense is that much better and we can get a goal on the PP as him and Schneider have been awesome together.

Old
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
Shame on Plekanec and A.Kost and Brisebois...

**** Lucic with his 3rd man hit behind the head, ****ing *********, when will the refs realize that this ******* his a dangerous moron!
I fail to realize why AKost deserves to be placed on the Plekanec and Brisebois level. The guy is a ****ing shooter, does his job in front of the net but as long as he's playing with Plekanec he won't produce. He might have touched the puck 4 or 5 times in the entire game because the guys on his line are disgusting forecheckers.

Closed Thread