Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

Russian Prospect for next NHL draft

Old
10-04-2010, 07:07 PM
wings5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
Any idea of the top 2012 prospects? What would be a top-5 at the moment? Yakupov, Grigorenko, Vasilevski and Galchenyuk (if he decides to play for Russia) are well known prospects, but what about after that? Are there any promising defensemen?

Nikolai Prokhorkin has started his MHL season well (10gp 8+3=11p), has anyone seen him play?
I don't believe Galchenyuk can play for Russia can he? His dad is Belarussian and Alex jr. himself was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the USA.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 01:07 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
I don't believe Galchenyuk can play for Russia can he? His dad is Belarussian and Alex jr. himself was born in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in the USA.
he can easily do that till he havnt played internationally for any other country.

pouskin74* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Eugene85

Prokhorkin is very good as for now, he's got even more points than Grigorenko(Griga has 3+5 in 10 games if im not mistaken)- 8+4 in 11 games, but i think that one of the reasons is that he plays on one line with Kucherov and Gusev- team's best scorers.

Eugene85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 03:22 AM
Tormentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil11 View Post
Anton Ivanyuzhenkov (MHL)
Denis Kamaev (MHL)
Alexander Barabanov (MHL)
Alexei Shubin (MHL)
Daniil Zharkov (Moscow 1994)
I've seen Ivanyuzhenkov play, didn't look like a high-end NHL prospect then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
“I’m eligible to play for the United States and Russia but I haven’t made a decision on it,” the 16-year-old said. “I’ve talked about it with my agent but there’s still time." Source

His father is from Minsk and Alex probably lived in Belarus while his father played there between 2003 and 2007. Therefore he should be eligible to play for Belarus as well, but it seems that Russia and USA are the likely alternatives at the moment.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-05-2010, 06:15 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
I've seen Ivanyuzhenkov play, didn't look like a high-end NHL prospect then.

“I’m eligible to play for the United States and Russia but I haven’t made a decision on it,” the 16-year-old said. “I’ve talked about it with my agent but there’s still time." Source

His father is from Minsk and Alex probably lived in Belarus while his father played there between 2003 and 2007. Therefore he should be eligible to play for Belarus as well, but it seems that Russia and USA are the likely alternatives at the moment.
love your avatar! one of my most favorites players ever!

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 01:48 PM
FeedDaPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
Andrey Shigarev was drafted ( KHL draft) by Sibir Novosibirsk view months ago but thats all i know. i think we need a help from user WOLEM here!
Andrey Sigaryov is currently playing for Philadelphia Revolution of the EJHL; 12 games, 8 goals 5 assists; was named Rookie of the Week last week. All of his points - came in VERY limited icetime (no PP or PK; plus 3-4th lines)... At 6'2", 195 - is showing that he can make it in the NA leagues. Has improved tremendously over the past month in terms of skating and his checking/backchecking... At this rate - would not be surprised to see him go in the 3-4th round

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck View Post
Andrey Sigaryov is currently playing for Philadelphia Revolution of the EJHL; 12 games, 8 goals 5 assists; was named Rookie of the Week last week. All of his points - came in VERY limited icetime (no PP or PK; plus 3-4th lines)... At 6'2", 195 - is showing that he can make it in the NA leagues. Has improved tremendously over the past month in terms of skating and his checking/backchecking... At this rate - would not be surprised to see him go in the 3-4th round
wow, good to hear he's doing well, the Sniper of Novosibirsk (MHL) could have used it, another atrocious season for them.

Old
11-03-2010, 03:25 PM
duga

Quote:

that's funny. couldn't find him on the web and was asking about him in some thread on hfboards about a month ago without getting a reply. found out where he plays just a few minutes ago and came here to post it....

just got beaten!

how is the quality of hockey in the EJCL?
he seems to be doing well on a horrible team. has had a few games for the russian U-17 team last season. you think he could be part of this years U-18 WC-squad?

while having average results through the Ivan Hlinka-Cup, Russia's 93ers generation (plus Grigorenko) got some very good talent and depth on the attack.

duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 03:43 PM
FeedDaPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
that's funny. couldn't find him on the web and was asking about him in some thread on hfboards about a month ago without getting a reply. found out where he plays just a few minutes ago and came here to post it....

just got beaten!

how is the quality of hockey in the EJCL?
he seems to be doing well on a horrible team. has had a few games for the russian U-17 team last season. you think he could be part of this years U-18 WC-squad?

while having average results through the Ivan Hlinka-Cup, Russia's 93ers generation (plus Grigorenko) got some very good talent and depth on the attack.
Quality of hockey is Ok... A little below than Canadian Junior A. Note the last game they played and lost 17:5 (His coach, and this speaks VOLUMES about his professionalism and smarts pulled the goalie... for the ENTIRE third period. He has subsequently suspended by the league for 5 games)
Unfortunately, from what I have heard - Sibir offered a terrible contract to Andrey and by that time it was too late to go to CHL for this season. He will NOT be part of the National team (for crying out loud look at the current roster - Shmelyov and Prohorkin are not on it, but Ivanyuzhenkov is - FAIL!). I feel that his game would translate to about a PPG after about a month in the CHL. Currently he is not scoring as much as he should (easily could be doing it at a 2PPG clip - but as I have stated above - he barely gets any ice time - 12 mins is my best guesstimate.) On the other hand he is starting to be a lot more physical and you can see that he is head-and-shoulders above other players talent-wise.

One player thats rarely mentioned among the Russian crop of 93s - is Dmitry Mikhailov from Magnitogorsk and Dmitry Arhipov from AkBars - interesting players.

94 and 95 are truly blessed with talent. I would be surprised if at least 15 Russian 94s are not taken in the draft.

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2010, 03:47 PM
cska78

the 93 team is crime in the world's face in the making for some time now, and the coach stays and everything is great, lol

Old
11-03-2010, 04:03 PM
duga

Quote:
Quality of hockey is Ok... A little below than Canadian Junior A. Note the last game they played and lost 17:5 (His coach, and this speaks VOLUMES about his professionalism and smarts pulled the goalie... for the ENTIRE third period. He has subsequently suspended by the league for 5 games)
Unfortunately, from what I have heard - Sibir offered a terrible contract to Andrey and by that time it was too late to go to CHL for this season. He will NOT be part of the National team (for crying out loud look at the current roster - Shmelyov and Prohorkin are not on it, but Ivanyuzhenkov is - FAIL!). I feel that his game would translate to about a PPG after about a month in the CHL. Currently he is not scoring as much as he should (easily could be doing it at a 2PPG clip - but as I have stated above - he barely gets any ice time - 12 mins is my best guesstimate.) On the other hand he is starting to be a lot more physical and you can see that he is head-and-shoulders above other players talent-wise.

One player thats rarely mentioned among the Russian crop of 93s - is Dmitry Mikhailov from Magnitogorsk and Dmitry Arhipov from AkBars - interesting players.

94 and 95 are truly blessed with talent. I would be surprised if at least 15 Russian 94s are not taken in the draft.
thanks for the info

so you would agree that a best possible U-18 squad would look about like this:

Levitsky Grigorenko Yakupov
Zlobin Khokhlachev Shalunov
Shmeelev Prohorkin Kucherov
Sigarev Tkachev (?) Kuvaev

Old
11-03-2010, 04:24 PM
duga

Quote:

at least 15? that would be the best numbers since... 83? or 82? generation. some stud defensemen?

Old
11-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Eugene85

As for now, russian 95ers are considered to be the strongest generation in russian hockey ever(including even soviet times as far as i know). This generation is full of talents. But I cant say the same about 94ers. This generation is rather weak IMO(except Grigorenko, but he plays for 93 team)

Eugene85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 02:47 AM
pouskin74*

[QUOTE=FeedDaPuck;28712234]

94 and 95 are truly blessed with talent. I would be surprised if at least 15 Russian 94s are not taken in the draft.[/QUOTE]

Grigorenko is tremendous prospect , Zharkov , but who else is in there? 95 is amazing but 94?! dont think so.

Old
11-04-2010, 12:54 PM
duga

[QUOTE=pouskin74;28727287]
Quote:

94 and 95 are truly blessed with talent. I would be surprised if at least 15 Russian 94s are not taken in the draft.[/QUOTE]

Grigorenko is tremendous prospect , Zharkov , but who else is in there? 95 is amazing but 94?! dont think so.
that's waht made me frowning as well yesterday. that's why I asked about the 15 picks... though there are some good late 93ers to be added.

judging by international performance and what you here (or better don't here) about talent, the 94ers seem to be rather average.

but FeedDaPuck normaly got very good inside knowledge about russian hockey. maybe a typo? meaning 95ers?

because they have been ripping it on international level lately.

Old
11-04-2010, 04:20 PM
Peter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene85 View Post
As for now, russian 95ers are considered to be the strongest generation in russian hockey ever(including even soviet times as far as i know). This generation is full of talents. But I cant say the same about 94ers. This generation is rather weak IMO(except Grigorenko, but he plays for 93 team)
It is good to hear about the 1995 generation being this good.

However I seriously fear that most the the players from this age group will leave for Canada too early and ruin their careers. This is becoming a saddening pattern in Russian hockey: best young Russians destroying their careers in the cemetary of Russian hockey players, the Canadian juniors.

We just have to hope that these kids will be wiser than the best of 1990-1992 born Russians.

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 08:23 PM
pouskin74*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
It is good to hear about the 1995 generation being this good.

However I seriously fear that most the the players from this age group will leave for Canada too early and ruin their careers. This is becoming a saddening pattern in Russian hockey: best young Russians destroying their careers in the cemetary of Russian hockey players, the Canadian juniors.

We just have to hope that these kids will be wiser than the best of 1990-1992 born Russians.
tell that to Yakupov,Khohlachev,Namestnikov and Slobin, they all are doing great so far. its like Burmistrov ruined his career in CHL? or Anisimov? Kulikov?Varlamov? Loktionov and Grachev are almost in there. how many Russians have made NHL roster straight from Russia during the last 3 years?

Last edited by pouskin74*: 11-04-2010 at 08:35 PM.
Old
11-04-2010, 09:34 PM
cska78

Quote:
tell that to Yakupov,Khohlachev,Namestnikov and Slobin, they all are doing great so far. its like Burmistrov ruined his career in CHL? or Anisimov? Kulikov?Varlamov? Loktionov and Grachev are almost in there. how many Russians have made NHL roster straight from Russia during the last 3 years?
This one of those time when I disagree with Peter25, it's only a cemetary for selfish f....s who have everything handed to them and they do nothing with it and we know we have a lot of players like that over at the home land, but guys who wanna succeed and work hard by forfeiting top dollar in the KHL they will make it to the NHL, given they got the talent

Old
11-05-2010, 03:08 AM
Peter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
This one of those time when I disagree with Peter25, it's only a cemetary for selfish f....s who have everything handed to them and they do nothing with it and we know we have a lot of players like that over at the home land, but guys who wanna succeed and work hard by forfeiting top dollar in the KHL they will make it to the NHL, given they got the talent
It is not just about attitude. It is about the training these kids get and it's quality. I believe the training in Russia is more suited for Russian junior hockey players than what they get in Canada.

Sure we can label every Russian CHL bust as a "selfish", but it ignores that fact that just about every Russian who have left Russia too early to play in North American juniors or other lower leagues has become a failure. Are each one of them "selfish"? Or are there other reasons for this?

Russian players revolve their game around skill and the practice they get in North America does not focus on developing these skills like it does in Russia. This is why so many Russians seem to have rather regressed than developed in North American lower leagues.

This applies to Finns as well. Many Finns have tried in Canadian juniors and none of them have become anything special. The best Finnish players are still raised in Finnish leagues.

Toni Rajala is a good example. He played a year in Canada but returned to Finland this year. His coach said publicly that Rajala is now a worse hockey player than he was before he left to Canada.

Anyway, why is it that Sweden is able to turn out so many great prospects from their own development leagues? Why don't these Swedes line up to play in Canada?

I think some people are giving these Russian kids a horrible advice and sadly they are listening. Russian coaches and teams should really focus on keeping these kids in Russia until they are NHL ready. Why the heck does a player need to "learn" how to play North American way? Did Teemu Selänne and Jaromir Jagr need to do that?

Last edited by Peter25: 11-05-2010 at 03:16 AM.
Old
11-05-2010, 03:13 AM
Peter25

Quote:
WTF are you talking about?

Anisimov never played in the CHL.

Grachev is not "almost there" but stuck in the minors after a disappointed camp. This kid could have been a poor man's Malkin, but his development stopped after 18 (his development stopped in the CHL).

Kulikov is a solid defenseman, true, but he will never be a star player.

Burmistrov is still a big question mark. His NHL start is not so great based on numbers, but he is only 20.

Loktionov is in the minors.

Varlamov never played in the CHL.

Yakupov,Khohlachev,Namestnikov and Slobin... Their success in the CHL doesn't mean anything. The only things that count are the NHL, the KHL and international games at men's level. I really hope these kids turn out well, because it will be good for Russian national team, but they would be getting better training in Russia.

Old
11-05-2010, 06:20 AM
cska78

Quote:
It is not just about attitude. It is about the training these kids get and it's quality. I believe the training in Russia is more suited for Russian junior hockey players than what they get in Canada.

Sure we can label every Russian CHL bust as a "selfish", but it ignores that fact that just about every Russian who have left Russia too early to play in North American juniors or other lower leagues has become a failure. Are each one of them "selfish"? Or are there other reasons for this?

Russian players revolve their game around skill and the practice they get in North America does not focus on developing these skills like it does in Russia. This is why so many Russians seem to have rather regressed than developed in North American lower leagues.

This applies to Finns as well. Many Finns have tried in Canadian juniors and none of them have become anything special. The best Finnish players are still raised in Finnish leagues.

Toni Rajala is a good example. He played a year in Canada but returned to Finland this year. His coach said publicly that Rajala is now a worse hockey player than he was before he left to Canada.

Anyway, why is it that Sweden is able to turn out so many great prospects from their own development leagues? Why don't these Swedes line up to play in Canada?

I think some people are giving these Russian kids a horrible advice and sadly they are listening. Russian coaches and teams should really focus on keeping these kids in Russia until they are NHL ready. Why the heck does a player need to "learn" how to play North American way? Did Teemu Selänne and Jaromir Jagr need to do that?
this too makes sense, I guess you got to treat each hockey player individually and see what suits him best. Had Russian sports not been super-corrupted, I'd be all for developing our players in Russia. Now I am torn between obvious regress of Zubov, Nikulin others on one side and "blatnie" throughout all Russian hockey leagues on the other.

Old
11-05-2010, 06:41 AM
Peter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
this too makes sense, I guess you got to treat each hockey player individually and see what suits him best. Had Russian sports not been super-corrupted, I'd be all for developing our players in Russia. Now I am torn between obvious regress of Zubov, Nikulin others on one side and "blatnie" throughout all Russian hockey leagues on the other.
Zubov and Nikulin were not ever considered top prospects or sure things to make the NHL.

Old
11-05-2010, 06:45 AM
Peter25

How many of you seriously think that Pavel Datsyuk would have become the player he is if he had left Russia when he was 17 to play in the CHL?

Old
11-05-2010, 06:50 AM
Peter25

Russia's 1990 age group was considered super talented a few years ago. Most of the best players from this age group left to play in Canada. Where are they now? Kulikov is the only one of them getting a regular shift in the NHL. The rest of them are in the minors or getting spare shifts in the NHL. Grachev, Loktionov, Filatov (who also left too early),Voinov, Burmistrov, Kugryshev etc. None of these guys have broke out or even close to it.

I believe that Kirill Petrov (who is also a 1990 born) who stayed in Russia is now better than any of them except for Kulikov.

Old
11-05-2010, 07:12 AM
pouskin74*

Quote:
WTF are you talking about?

Anisimov never played in the CHL.

Grachev is not "almost there" but stuck in the minors after a disappointed camp. This kid could have been a poor man's Malkin, but his development stopped after 18 (his development stopped in the CHL).

Kulikov is a solid defenseman, true, but he will never be a star player.

Burmistrov is still a big question mark. His NHL start is not so great based on numbers, but he is only 20.

Loktionov is in the minors.

Varlamov never played in the CHL.

Yakupov,Khohlachev,Namestnikov and Slobin... Their success in the CHL doesn't mean anything. The only things that count are the NHL, the KHL and international games at men's level. I really hope these kids turn out well, because it will be good for Russian national team, but they would be getting better training in Russia.
Anisimov and Varlamov did played in AHL and i am pretty sure that you thinking even worse about that league than about CHL. Grachev is in NHL right now, you know Burmistrov turned 19 just a month ago and as we see he will stay in Atlanta for all season. numbers dosnt mean much till he playing like he has played so far in every aspect of game. good perfomance in CHL means a lot in terms of future in NHL-better place in Draft and eventually better chance to get in to NHL. Loktionov is in minors but was sended to there just view days ago , things can turn upside down again after view days. at least he still have a chance to make a team. you are talking about KHL and International level. but in same time you dont saying anything why so many young players are leaving Russia ? why you didnt answer me how many players did made the NHL Team roster during last 3 years KHL-NHL, MHL-NHL ?

Last edited by pouskin74*: 11-05-2010 at 07:26 AM.