HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bye Bye Knuble

Old
04-17-2009, 09:38 PM
sampollock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimrichalds18 View Post
wrong. absolutely wrong. we lost in overtime because people decided to get selfish. knuble's been an idiot the whole year with his undisciplined play on the power play. how many does he cancel out? a lot this year. carter wasn't selfish at all, he played his ass off. our biggest criticism of carter this year is that he's lazy in his d-zone, and frankly, i think he's had two great defensive games.

knuble is the goat here and he should be. how many times are we gonna hear interviews and read comments when someone like knuble (and other guys) say "we've gotta be more disciplined. we can't take penalties," then watch as they do the same, avoidable, lazy, selfish penalties?

you know what the answer is? bench the **** out of them until they figure out that it's not gonna fly. take that blame carter **** somewhere else

a cross check like that, you should be a goat, ask george in mtl

dumb dumb

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ph

Orpik also crosschecked him right before in order to move Knuble from the front of the net. But as the veteran Knuble should realize its always the second guy who gets caught.

ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Orange Crush 89

What the **** did Knuble do? TOUCH a guy in the back and make him flop on the ice like a ***** with a skinned knee like the entire Penguins team is? Penguins only won because they scored two PP goals on Power Plays they NEVER should have had. Yeah, ****ing hooking when the pansy-ass goat-****er is holding your stick. Riiiiight.

Orange Crush 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:39 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carle Winslow View Post
Frankly it doesn't matter, we just don't have a strong team this year.
yeah, they just lack that something other Flyers teams have going into the playoffs

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:40 PM
broadstreet12

man this team just looks for ways to lose.They just can never seem to put a team away. You just knew the pens would get a call in OT and Knuble gave it to them. The second one they had to call. I smell a sweep,this team is just to hard to figure.

broadstreet12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:40 PM
Pope Pogo II

Send a message via AIM to Pope Pogo II Send a message via Yahoo to Pope Pogo II
OK so Carter misses an empty net and has an extremely debateable call, that us and Pens fans may argue about until probably draft day. You people are acting like every goal that was scored was off a Carter TO.

Never did I think I'd see the day Carter would be a scape goat this year. You guys can blame him all you want, but frankly our amazing offense should have put up more than 1 goal through 2 periods of play.

Pope Pogo II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:42 PM
DutchDennis

Quote:
Thank god nobody will listen to your ideas. Jesus. I've seen squirrels with better plans (and spelling of HEART).
Some people are fans... some aren't...

Sorry for typing to fast...

DutchDennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Pope Pogo II

Send a message via AIM to Pope Pogo II Send a message via Yahoo to Pope Pogo II
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Listen, we're not going to be able to afford him anyway. He's only going to be slower and a bit more worn down next year. We don't need anymore players taking stupid penalties on this team, especially in crucial situations.
Exactly why according to what you just said, Giroux needs to go as well. His penalty might have been the most blatant penalty in the game.

Pope Pogo II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:43 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 89 View Post
What the **** did Knuble do? TOUCH a guy in the back and make him flop on the ice like a ***** with a skinned knee like the entire Penguins team is? Penguins only won because they scored two PP goals on Power Plays they NEVER should have had. Yeah, ****ing hooking when the pansy-ass goat-****er is holding your stick. Riiiiight.
where is the diving call, never happens

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:46 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2642
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayoftheGreek View Post
Why is the GDT closed.

I didn't get a chance to post how ****ing pissed I am. This is ridiculous. This whole game results because of the ****** ****ing call on Carter when the penguins scored. ********.

The boys played hard this game though, much better than game 1.
We close it at 1,000 posts. There is a Part 2.

The only horse to win the Florida Derby, the Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup Classic. Sire to multiple Grade 1 champions. The last horse to sire a winner in each Triple Crown race. Grandsire to American Pharoah.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Monkey View Post
you guys are blaming the wrong people. this game was blown by Jeff Carter.

Wrong. Carter did not cost us the game. If you want to put the blame someone go after Knuble. Mike's time has come and gone. He never was a quick player and this season he has lost another step to his game. I agree that the breaking of the stick is a automatic penalty should be changed. With the new sticks now the league has to take a look at this. All in all the boys played a very good game tonight and Sunday should be rocking

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:47 PM
DrHamburg

Both teams played their hearts out. Knuble crosschecked Orpik when the Flyers had the puck and the ref was right there. In an overtime game with the puck on the powerplay, that is something you can never do. 2 Powerplay goals from the Pens tonight and that sealed game 2. If the Flyers come out and play the way they did besides penalties they should be able to get both home games.

DrHamburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:48 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Pogo II View Post
Exactly why according to what you just said, Giroux needs to go as well. His penalty might have been the most blatant penalty in the game.
Giroux's penalty was more unlucky than stupidity. The stick breaks about 15-20% of the time on that type of play. If it doesn't break, no penalty.

Giroux and Knuble are completely different situations. I never said about getting rid of Claude at all. I know my initial response was based on anger after a frustrating game, but thinking it out, Knuble takes many bad penalties, most of which cancel out prime scoring opportunities. He is also old and only declining. IMO he's going to be slower next year and his role will be reduced on whichever team he plays for. But he's not going to ask for less.

Edit: Therefore, it's been great having Mike on the team. He gave his heart at times when others didn't, but his time is up here. I appreciate how he played as a Flyers, but it's time to move on.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:51 PM
no1b4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Pogo II View Post
Go? Go where? He is part of the future of the team. He is going to be a fantastic player for years to some.

I don't post often here but I almost fell off my chair when I read that.

no1b4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:53 PM
IrishSniper87

He fully extended his arms. The call was accurate. He is a UFA. We will see if he is around next year.

/thread

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:55 PM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

You just can't do that. I don't care if Orpik embellished or not.
Knuble is a what? 13-year vet? He should know better.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 09:58 PM
John Flyers Fan

Its not just Knuble, Giroux's penalty was just as dumb as Knuble's ..... and more costly.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 10:03 PM
McNasty

Quote:
Orpik went down like a sack of potatoes...he does that on every power play he has ever been on and unfortunately, he got called for it there. Weak.
I agree with you but you have to have the presence of mind (ESPECIALLY against the pens) to know that a makeup call is going to come if you don't score. There was no reason for him to cross check, and then Giroux takes a dumb hack and gets the unfortunate break of Kunitz's stick. Black and white.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Tommy D

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
As far as I'm concerned, he's a hard worker, but if you do stupid crap like that ON A PP IN OVERTIME OF A PLAYOFF GAME, I don't want you on this team.
Really?

Should he take the bone head who was sitting next to him in the box on the way out of Phlly as well??

Tommy D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 10:08 PM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
Its not just Knuble, Giroux's penalty was just as dumb as Knuble's ..... and more costly.
hopefully Claude will learn from this, Knuble on the other hand, no excuse

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 10:08 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy D View Post
Really?

Should he take the bone head who was sitting next to him in the box on the way out of Phlly as well??
Read the rest of my posts (and thread), then comment. Thanks

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lab Monkey View Post
you guys are blaming the wrong people. this game was blown by Jeff Carter.
He also saved a goal one in the 2nd.

856 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 10:20 PM
BerubeBox*

The Mike Knuble "crosscheck". Flyers fans are blaming him for it.

I feel as speechless as I was when I heard Carcillo got suspended. More.

Knuble's "crosscheck" was the absolute most basic physical play you'll ever see. He was buried in the slot as usual, battling the defenseman for territory. He went down, on his stomach, not one of his limbs even trying to prevent him from falling flat on his stomach. And stayed there.

Go back just 15 years and you can watch a Cam Neely commercial where Cam explains if you're in the slot and NOT feeling a constant barrage of crosschecks to your lower back (trying to knock you out of the slot), you're not doing your job. And he didn't mean it as some tough-guy exaggeration. That's just the way hockey is played, even in the New NHL. Watch some tapes from this season if you're not sure.

It was one of the worst calls made this year. Definitely in the top 50, given the timing and the situation.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Shady McCoy
#NoHonorForConnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
The Mike Knuble "crosscheck". Flyers fans are blaming him for it.

I feel as speechless as I was when I heard Carcillo got suspended. More.

Knuble's "crosscheck" was the absolute most basic physical play you'll ever see. He was buried in the slot as usual, battling the defenseman for territory. He went down, on his stomach, not one of his limbs even trying to prevent him from falling flat on his stomach. And stayed there.

Go back just 15 years and you can watch a Cam Neely commercial where Cam explains if you're in the slot and NOT feeling a constant barrage of crosschecks to your lower back (trying to knock you out of the slot), you're not doing your job. And he didn't mean it as some tough-guy exaggeration. That's just the way hockey is played, even in the New NHL. Watch some tapes from this season if you're not sure.

It was one of the worst calls made this year. Definitely in the top 50, given the timing and the situation.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Shady McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2009, 10:28 PM
BerubeBox*

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNasty View Post
you have to have the presence of mind (ESPECIALLY against the pens) to know that a makeup call is going to come if you don't score.
You can't alter your game for fear that some future call is going to be made or not. It makes sense in our world but it's just too drastic in a real game. It's the equivalent of a massive intimidation *****-slap.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote