HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

under shirt with built in pads??

Old
04-27-2009, 08:40 PM
jminor

vCash: 500
under shirt with built in pads??

Is there an under armour style shirt that has padding built into it? I play in a non contact league and do not wear shoulder pads but a little padding might not be the worst thing.

jminor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 08:43 PM
DGirardi5

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/mission-...ug-dsx-sr.html

DGirardi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2009, 10:37 PM
jminor

sweet thanks. I also noticed the RBK one, do you guys know which is a looser fitting shirt between the 2? I am not sure if I want a really tight compression fit like the under armor, I have an Itech shirt now with the neck guard and it is perfect.

Old
04-27-2009, 11:03 PM
Hobgoblin Steve
Bacon of Light

Ive got the older Thorax, it fits loose for me. like a T-shirt

Hobgoblin Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Hockeyfan68

I wear the Farrell stuff under my hockey pants, yeah you want the shirt but I wear the 5 pad compression short.

I swear by it .... they make the compression shirt with padding in it. I am buying Farrell shoulder pads used by the pros next week too.

You can remove the armor and just wear the vest for recreational use. The armor plates are detachable, great idea and a great product.

The shirt ...

http://www.farrellsports.com/product...ion_shirt.html

The shoulder pads .... some people have complained about the white getup getting discolored but they offer black as well ...

http://www.farrellsports.com/product...shouldies.html

http://www.farrellsports.com/product...ckey_pads.html

The compression short ... they have two kinds, ones with the velcro thigh thing to hold up your socks and the ones without. I own these and use these shorts everytime I play and swear by them.

http://www.farrellsports.com/product...k_holders.html

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 08:11 AM
noobman

Honestly... just wear your shoulder pads. THere's nothing quite as annoying as having to deal with somebody who doesn't take his or her shoulder pads on the ice. You always have to play softer against him or her.

I play in a "non-contact" league that encourages a little bumping here and there... as a defenceman it drives me nuts because sometimes I just have to let the jerk not wearing his pads by me (when the only option left is a little bump out of position, or a rub-out along the boards). I find those shifty stickhandlers love to do that, and it really just annoys the heck out of everybody.

noobman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 08:24 AM
sweatypickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman View Post
Honestly... just wear your shoulder pads. THere's nothing quite as annoying as having to deal with somebody who doesn't take his or her shoulder pads on the ice. You always have to play softer against him or her.

I play in a "non-contact" league that encourages a little bumping here and there... as a defenceman it drives me nuts because sometimes I just have to let the jerk not wearing his pads by me (when the only option left is a little bump out of position, or a rub-out along the boards). I find those shifty stickhandlers love to do that, and it really just annoys the heck out of everybody.
you don't "have to" let them by you...

sweatypickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:24 AM
jminor

I have never asked for or received any breaks by not wearing my shoulder pads dont know what league you play in..

Old
04-28-2009, 10:05 AM
EmptyNetter

Quote:

That's weird. I've seen that girl players in my non-contact league draw more penalties than usual, I've seen penalties doled out according to "reputation" but I'd never expect to see one guy go to the box because he collided with somebody wearing less equipment than the other.

And I done saw just about everything when I seen an elephant fly.

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:

I wear minimal shoulder stuff. It is a preference .... Shanahan in the NHL still uses his highschool shoulder pads which are rags and just two cups on the shoulder.

I'm buying the Farrell shouldies and will wear the full thing since they feel like you are not wearing anything. My TPS shoulder pads are huge and honestly complete overkill for the league I play in these days. they did the job years ago buit now i just need just enough protection that is mainly comfortable.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote