HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should Lucic get suspended?

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Schooner Guy

vCash: 500
If it was a tie game or earlier in the game, I would say that the 5 minute major is suffice. Because it was late in a 5-1 game, the 5 minutes means nothing and therefore Lucic should get one game.

I doubt he will. It seems like the NHL wants the Bruins to go far.

Old
04-18-2009, 09:44 PM
HFXMooseHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghys View Post
yes
/thread
What he said

Old
04-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
i'm surprised he even got penalised
I actually can't believe we didn't pick up a 5 minute major for diving.

Old
04-18-2009, 09:47 PM
Randomhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
Forget about Laraque... a 5-1 blowout and he does squat in the 3rd. Come on BGL, go out there and at least invite someone for a dance.
Hes been doing that all year. And how has that worked out for him? He needs to grab hold of someone, and just start chunkin em.

Old
04-18-2009, 09:50 PM
badbrewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Don't say stuff like that
No worries, he has been reported.

Old
04-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Not sure if I would suspend him *biased Bruins fan alert* but it looked like he was cross checking (to me) the shoulder/upper arm and it went up and hit Schneider in the head. That being said, I don't condone his actions, and would really like to see him act a lot more mature. Flame away.

Old
LeMAD

Dirty, but not suspendable imo.

Old
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Shot to the face with a cross check? I think it deserves it. Will he? I doubt it

Funny thing hearing his childish "Ulf samuelsson = Komi go ask Neely story". Lucic is more of an Ulf than any body on either team.

What a gutless coward, Cross check a guy in the face then run and hide.
exactly....first of all, Friedman finds new ways to make me hate him, and second, as you wrote above, Lucic is the one who goes after people. I doubt he even knows what the reporter was talking about when asked that question. If Lucic wants to prove himself, we allllll know what he has to do, take a beating from BGL. Gorges, Lappy, etc. , everyone from our team will stick up for themselves and other guys against bigger opponents. Not lucy...

If that last play hadn't happened, I would accept the conclusion that they hammered us tonight and aside from the OBVIOUS difference in penalties called (until then...0 for us, 5 for them, 2 goals being pretty huge?), it was our fault we lost. Now I am so fired up about shutting down these losers, I won't take losing this series as a "well we were not expected to win". It's win, win, win from now on. How? I have no idea, but we;ve done it before, do it again.

I am gettting a little tired of Gainey's poker face though. Can't tell if he actually does have a plan or not. Sadly it was Therrien and Julien behind our comebacks...does Bob know how to pull this off?

Old
04-18-2009, 09:53 PM
BeliveauFan4ever

So McLean asks Cherry about Lucic and a possible suspension?

"For what? All he did was get pinched in the head!"

Don, are ypu legally blind? Lucic used his stick *3 times* in that sequence.

Then Don says the real gem: Montreal should quit trying to run Boston out of the rink. They don't have the guys to do it.

Ok, so Donny Boy, tell us...after Chara, Luci-chicken The Idiot, and Thornton...who are the tough Bruins?

Wheeler? Wideman? Savard? Krecji? Ward? LOL. Homesick? er Hunwick? Kessel? Yelle?

This Bruins-are-tough thing is completely mythical and media-driven.

And sadly, our Habs play right into it.

Old
04-18-2009, 09:53 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever View Post
Not sure if I would suspend him *biased Bruins fan alert* but it looked like he was cross checking (to me) the shoulder/upper arm and it went up and hit Schneider in the head. That being said, I don't condone his actions, and would really like to see him act a lot more mature. Flame away.
I think it was his cross check to lapierre's head that is being discussed. correct me if i'm wrong.

Old
04-18-2009, 09:54 PM
C77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
I understand you are frustrated, but don't act like a Bruins fan.

rooting to injure Bruins players after the reaction to the Grabo-Markov thing

Can we all just agree that every fanbase has it's ******** and not attribute characteristics to a whole group based on the actions/words of a few ?

It's not "acting like a Bruins fan". It's acting like a ****

Old
04-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Codc

I don't see how he won't get a game.

Old
04-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
I think it was his cross check to lapierre's head that is being discussed. correct me if i'm wrong.
Oh... I have to admit I've been drinking tonight so my memory may not be the best, but I thought it was Schneider in front of the net that gave the Habs a 5 minute powerplay to close the game...

EDIT: Nevermind, it definitely was Lapierre. Sorry guys. Just so you know, I don't condone it at all, and am very disappointed in Lucic. I love him as a player... I just wish he'd act a little smarter.

Old
04-18-2009, 09:57 PM
zx81

I don't care.
Lucic wasn't really a factor tonight.
They don't need him to win...easily.

Old
04-18-2009, 10:01 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hounds919293 View Post
So McLean asks Cherry about Lucic and a possible suspension?

"For what? All he did was get pinched in the head!"

Don, are ypu legally blind? Lucic used his stick *3 times* in that sequence.

Then Don says the real gem: Montreal should quit trying to run Boston out of the rink. They don't have the guys to do it.

Ok, so Donny Boy, tell us...after Chara, Luci-chicken The Idiot, and Thornton...who are the tough Bruins?

Wheeler? Wideman? Savard? Krecji? Ward? LOL. Homesick? er Hunwick? Kessel? Yelle?

This Bruins-are-tough thing is completely mythical and media-driven.

And sadly, our Habs play right into it.
Not sure who you're referring to as The Idiot but the Bruins have Chara, Lucic, Thornton, Stuart, Hnidy, and Montador- that will drop the gloves regularly. Ward, Wideman, Kobasew, will also stand up for themselves. Ference too- though he may not make an appearance this series. And who knew Bergeron is a thug?

A suspension would have to rely upon how Campbell is feeling at the moment he's asked- there is no rhyme or reason to his decisions IMO.

Old
04-18-2009, 10:01 PM
m00ks

hellz ya. First an attack from behind now a shot to the head? Bettman talked about playoff emotions and letting boys be boys but he specified they would step should things get out of hand. Blatantly cross checking the face is crossing the line.

Old
04-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Of course. But Ruins fan will disagree.
Nope we pretty much all agreed it was a dumb play by Lucic.he had other choices and options.

If they were staring at each other and Lucic did that it would be a suspension for sure.

Right now though I am not sure if it will be a suspension. lapierre was skating into him at the time and could have been a defensive reaction but a poor choice by Lucic to crosscheck to the head like that.

Since it was a major and a game in the last 5 minutes of a decided game (though we had the lead which makes it odd) I am sure the league will look at it and make a decison yay or nay for a suspension.

Old
04-18-2009, 10:05 PM
BeliveauFan4ever

Lucic won't even drop the gloves "anytime". Beyond Chara and Thornton...that lineup is not intimidating at all.

Lucic has a screw loose, and I don't think he gets out of this series without having to pay the dues he richly owes.

Lucis is cheap-shot artist who picks his spots - check out his classic hits - only when the opponent is vulnerable - and now uses his stick.

That isn't *tough* that's just stupid. Not buying the media hype about this clown.

Old
04-18-2009, 10:10 PM
Ryan O'Byrne

vCash: 1241
he should but he won't
Lucic is just a dirty player ,and like always he waits until the game is pretty much over and he does his dirty work. cross checking Schneider in the shoulder like that was an attempt to hurt him ,and then to turn and cross check lapierre's head just shows why I'd never want him on my team.

PS: Please don't quote me saying stuff like I'd love him if he was on the habs ok because I wouldn't . I personally love watching hockey ,and Lucic isn't a hockey player I respect and I never will.

Old
04-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Hamilton Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Of course. But Bruins fans will disagree.
Fixed the above for you and actually, think again. It was reckless and dangerous. He should get a game.

Old
04-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
He's more than an idiot. He is a mother****ing dangerous headless *******. I can't stand players like that, nor people who appreciate his play.
Only in Boston does this clown become a legend and compared to Neely. As much as I hated Neely (for what he would do in a game, not dirty), this clown is NO Neely and never will be. Hes becoming another cheap shot artist.

Old
04-18-2009, 10:26 PM
usernam

Anyways, whether you suspend him or not, this shot will be a reference. If he doesn't get suspended, you can't suspend anyone for a similar action anymore, which would be pretty dumb. If Koivu/Kovalev was/were at the end of this, it's a whole different story.

Old
04-18-2009, 10:27 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

In the replay shown on NESN, it looked like Lucic hit Lapierre with his glove, not the stick. I'll have to watch it again on youtube or something again to see for sure.

If Kosto's intentional elbow the other night went with no suspension, I don't see why this would.

Old
04-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Rest assured: Lucy will get suspended...

Old
04-18-2009, 10:28 PM
kytem2

Even if Lucic gets a game, no big deal for the Bruins.

Blake Wheeler will move up from the 4th line, and Byron Bitz will step up with physical play.

Closed Thread