HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Should Lucic get suspended?

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2009, 01:52 AM
CombatOnContact

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CombatOnContact
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuKovalev View Post
You said it yourself. The stick made contact. Initial contact being with the glove or the stick...HE HIT HIM IN THE FACE WITH HIS STICK. How complicated is that...What frustrates me about this whole thing is after the elbow attempt by Kostopoulos, everyone was calling him a dirty player because of it on the Bruins board. Now Lucic does something as bad(worse in my opinion) and people defend him like crazy! I understand that people, since the Kosto elbow was not suspended, would think it is unfair that Lucic would be suspended. But every single one of those people who called Kosto's elbow a dirty play, should be objective enough to say that, suspension or not, Lucic made a dirty play.
Fair enough. Lucic's play was dirty. I'd much rather he have dropped the gloves and pummeled Lapierre. That would have also been dirty. So be it. That's playoff hockey and players hate each other, sometimes it boils over.

Old
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyguy14 View Post
Bagdad Bob!!!! I love that guy!
I miss him

Is he dead?? Damn I would hire him as the habs PR guy any day of the week...

"The Habs are NOT losing the series 2-0. The infidels have been beaten twice in their home arena, and we will continue the senseless beating in games 3 and 4. The series is NOT out of reach. Our 2nd line is performing extremely well, and Plekanec is a serious contender for the Conn Smythe"

Old
Habs 1909

What cross check to the face? It was completely clean!

What a joke.

Old
04-19-2009, 01:55 AM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
first of all i didn't quite get your point. Do you think a punch is hard or not? and secondly...Chara would know

Kosto vs. Kessel...you can say what you want about kosto defending teammates against actual fighters and getting pounded...but give me a break...he would really do some serious damage to Kessel and I'm glad they didn't fight, not really a good matchup (for once, in this case, Kosto is actually tougher).
My point was that Lapierre's bruises could also have been result of a punch, not only a cross check, which the other poster was alluding to...

I agree about Kessel vs. Kosto.

I like Kostopolus for the most part. He's an all-heart player who gives the effort every single shift. If Montreal is going to turn this series around, it's players like him who will be leading the charge. Not necessarily scoring goals, but setting tone with effort and intensity.

but hey, isn't this thread about Lucic?

Old
04-19-2009, 01:55 AM
Stradale

Funny thing is,

If a Habs player did that to a Bruins player, they would be crying about it on their board, our board and main board. Now they are trying to say that was completely legal and the game should have more stuff like that. Crosscheck in the face is okay if a guy is coming after you and that guy should be ready to receive a face full of wood. It is the responsability of a player to attach his helmet strap tighter so the helmet doesnt come off when you receive a well-deserved, legal crosscheck in the face.

And IF, a Habs played crosscheck Aaron Ward on the face like that, im pretty sure we would have seen "The day Aaron Ward died on the ice part XI". Props to Lapierre for not over-embellishing the injury, thats what real man does.

Old
04-19-2009, 02:05 AM
bib
#believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatOnContact View Post
Fair enough. Lucic's play was dirty. I'd much rather he have dropped the gloves and pummeled Lapierre. That would have also been dirty. So be it. That's playoff hockey and players hate each other, sometimes it boils over.
Fighting a non-fighter? Yeah, that sounds like Lucic as well. I guarantee you if it was Laraque there instead of Lapierre, Lucic would have been on his knees shining Laraque's skates.

Old
04-19-2009, 02:07 AM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
Fighting a non-fighter? Yeah, that sounds like Lucic as well. I guarantee you if it was Laraque there instead of Lapierre, Lucic would have been on his knees shining Laraque's skates.
BGL would've first given to Lucic the "Official NHL fight form" in which Lucic agrees, in writing, to conduct a ice hockey fight against BGL. It's all part of the code..

Old
04-19-2009, 03:04 AM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
breaking news everyone: crosscheck to the face is the same thing as an attempted elbow that didn't connect.
Please let's not get back into the whole "intent vs result" debate.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:20 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever View Post
Please. I don't like Lucic's actions, but I fail to see how this is any different from the Kosto elbow or the "supposed" eye gouge from Komisarek. **** happens to both teams, let's not delve into this any deeper. Both teams have been at the receiving end and giving end of some borderline plays.
The thing is, most Bruins fans approved what Lucic did, saying it was legal and normal reaction from Lucic but most Habs fans didnt approved that high elbow from Kostopoulos. Thats the difference.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:23 AM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
The thing is, most Bruins fans approved what Lucic did, saying it was legal and normal reaction from Lucic but most Habs fans didnt approved that high elbow from Kostopoulos. Thats the difference.
I don't think it's a majority at all, but I have no stats to back that up, much as you don't either. I don't care what the majority says, it's a stupid play by Lucic. He should know better.... having said that, so should Kosto. There's no difference in the plays, both had the intent of a headshot, and if you don't suspend Kosto, you can't possibly suspend Lucic. Let's get on with the series, and enjoy some "in your face" and physical hockey.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:23 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
If BGL isnt going to do **** he can leave! Drop them and pummel the **** outta Lucic period...get it in their heads that it doesnt matter...cheap shots wont be tolerated....
I think it was established after these two games that it DOES matter.

Boston has crippled and killed us with their PP these past 2games. Discipline is crucial if we won't to have a chance to win.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:30 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuKovalev View Post
I would like you to explain why you were preaching for a Kostopoulos suspension, calling him dirty, but for Lucic, glorify him
When did I either glorify Lucic's actions, or call for TKost's suspension. I was merely pointing out the bias. And yes, I realize the same type of bias exists on the Bruins board as well.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:46 AM
number 11

Quote:
Explain to me how an attempted headshot that didn't connect and a crosscheck "to the head" are any different whatsoever.
hmm let's see...in one instance he hit him, and in the other he didn't? hope that helps clear things up for you.

Old
04-19-2009, 03:51 AM
Stradale

Look how Lucic is active with his stick on Schneider and Lapierre.

And on the Bruins board they say it wasnt a crosscheck. He hold his stick horizontaly and pushing forward, thats a crosscheck for me. he gave two crosscheck on Schneider and gave another one on Lappy's head. Even if he hit Lapierre with his gloves, that doesnt mean its not a crosscheck, it only means that hes lucky that his stick didnt hit Lapierre's head and the results would have been worse but the action was a crosscheck, i dont see theres even a debate here.

Old
04-19-2009, 04:12 AM
11alias11

[QUOTE=Stradale;19146485]

QUOTE]

Is that an attempted spear at :43 from Lucic on Schneider? It goes by real quick....

Old
04-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Not sure if I would suspend him *biased Bruins fan alert* but it looked like he was cross checking (to me) the shoulder/upper arm and it went up and hit Schneider in the head. That being said, I don't condone his actions, and would really like to see him act a lot more mature. Flame away.

I came on the boards tonight fully expecting to troll away on the Bruins board about how Lucic should be suspended, especially after the whole Komi/Hunwick eye gouge but this is the first Bruins response I've read and It's a good one.

No I don't think this deserves suspension, it was an ill advised play on Lucic's part but this is playoff hockey lets all suck it up and move on to game 3.

Last edited by Bring_Bak_Damphousse: 04-19-2009 at 05:40 AM.
Old
04-19-2009, 05:46 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Please. I don't like Lucic's actions, but I fail to see how this is any different from the Kosto elbow or the "supposed" eye gouge from Komisarek. **** happens to both teams, let's not delve into this any deeper. Both teams have been at the receiving end and giving end of some borderline plays.

Since you don't have what it takes to understand it I'll help you out : Lucy made contact, Kostopoulos didnt...

Old
04-19-2009, 08:08 AM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by benji View Post
And what do you think of the subject of this thread, Lucic's crosscheck?
1- It was not a crosscheck. Actually the stick never touched Lapierre's head

2- Lapierre came towards Lucic and fully deserved what he got. He was lucky not to have the head ripped off which would have been 100% justified and legal

3- Lapierre dived

4- Kostopoulos, Komisarek, blablablablabla

5- It's playoff hockey

6- Kostopoulos, Komisarek, blablablablabla

7- Lapierre tried to headbut Lucic's stickà

8- It was an accident, no big deal

Last edited by Travis Moen: 04-19-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old
04-19-2009, 08:13 AM
BobbyFischer*

Wow Lucic is 20? What a beast for 20 or for any age..

DAMN

Impressive

damn impressive....

Old
04-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by champs83 View Post
Thoughts?
No, but I'd still like to see it. A series changing game is more possible with him out of the lineup.

Lucic out
Halak in
Markov in??

A break or 2 and the team is back in the thick of it.

Old
04-19-2009, 09:56 AM
tmc

our entire team should be suspended for sucking so bad

Old
04-19-2009, 10:57 AM
CombatOnContact

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalery View Post
I agree with your guarantee. How many players in the league would be bowing to Laraque hoping to a void a fight? Laraque IS the best fighter in the league everyone knows that. But most players are smart enough to know that fighting with him puts their team in a detriment as 99% of the players on every team are more valuable than Laraque is to Montreal. Is this supposed to be an insult to Lucic?

Old
04-19-2009, 11:15 AM
THE HOFF

lots of good posts ... I just hope someone cleans him out for the rest of the playoffs... he's playing an arrogant game, he's a dirty little player ...

he should get a game its not even an issue...

I hope we will have refs in mtl that will steal us games too.

Old
04-19-2009, 11:24 AM
Bruins4Ever

Send a message via MSN to Bruins4Ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Since you don't have what it takes to understand it I'll help you out : Lucy made contact, Kostopoulos didnt...
Kosto wanted to nail Hunwick in the head with an elbow. I'm not sure Lucic wanted to cross check Laps in the head, and besides, the glove him him....

See how trivial this is? With the precedent set in this series I can't see him being suspended. I don't like seeing Lucic throw high hits, he's far too good of a player to be doing stuff like that, but I don't see a whole lot coming from this.

Old
04-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I don't want him out. Play the best with their best elements. And the crowd will be nuts on Lucic adding more atmosphere. We don't have all of our guys but I don't want any favor, just bring it on any may whatever happens happen.

If it doesn't happen, well there's always next year, something we and Bruins fans have in common and are used to say by now....

Closed Thread