HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: lol

Old
04-19-2009, 08:51 AM
habs1988

vCash: 500
Price is very good!

Stop bashing on him with stats and all these stuffs.

If you would face 40 shots every night against the best offensive in the NHL this year, you would not beat them 3-1 or 2-0.

The problem is that..the Habs can't score the first. It's much more easier for a goalie when you get the lead 1-0 or 2-0 and we saw it during the last games of the season.

When you trail 2-0 after 1 period vs. Boston, it's almost over. Sure Halak was very good, but he had NO pressure because it was impossible to come back. And we were lucky that Price made huge saves in the 1st because we would be out 5-1. Price can make 15 saves in a period and trailing 2-0, but if the team doesn't score, how can Price win it?

Oh and...we have a mediocre defense. Hamrlik sucks in this series, Komisarek is a little bit better but not that much. When your best d-man is Gorges, there is a problem. Give Price Detroit's defence and he would be a top-10 goalie easily.

habs1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Delat

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Before I went to bed, the stats hadn't been updated yet (for personal players). They have been now, and as you can see, Price just hasn't got it done in the playoffs.

2008-2009 Playoffs
2 GP
0 W
2 L
4.80 GAA
.875 SV%

2007-2008 Playoffs
11 GP
5 W
6 L
2.78 GAA
.901 SV%

Playoff Career
13 GP
5 W
8 L
3.05 GAA
.897 SV%

Whether Price is the future or not, he's not the present. Halak? Well, he may not be either, but at this shot, its his chance to try and turn this club around.

PS. You can say his stats are horrible because we have a bad team, with no defense.. but does that stop other teams goalies' from having decent stats?

Price finished 24th in wins, 31st in GAA, and 31st in SV%. For a starting goalie, that's just not good enough. In the playoffs, it's not much prettier, where he ranks last in wins, last in GAA, and second-to-last in SV%.
Please don't tell me you are blaming Price for our losts. Our D has to be blamed WAY before Price. We can't let so good shots form the middle as often as this.

Last edited by Delat: 04-19-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
Price is very good!

Stop bashing on him with stats and all these stuffs.

If you would face 40 shots every night against the best offensive in the NHL this year, you would not beat them 3-1 or 2-0.

The problem is that..the Habs can't score the first. It's much more easier for a goalie when you get the lead 1-0 or 2-0 and we saw it during the last games of the season.

When you trail 2-0 after 1 period vs. Boston, it's almost over. Sure Halak was very good, but he had NO pressure because it was impossible to come back. And we were lucky that Price made huge saves in the 1st because we would be out 5-1. Price can make 15 saves in a period and trailing 2-0, but if the team doesn't score, how can Price win it?

Oh and...we have a mediocre defense. Hamrlik sucks in this series, Komisarek is a little bit better but not that much. When your best d-man is Gorges, there is a problem. Give Price Detroit's defence and he would be a top-10 goalie easily.
nah price sucks. Remember Huet in 05-06 stopping 40 shots a game? We need price to do that. Remember Theo in 01-02? They faced all kinds of rubber on poor teams and still gave them a chance to win. Kind of like halak stopping 40+ shots 4 games in a row this year.

I've given up on him. He doesn't know how to compete. I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see it.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:58 AM
fredez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
nah price sucks. Remember Huet in 05-06 stopping 40 shots a game? We need price to do that. Remember Theo in 01-02? They faced all kinds of rubber on poor teams and still gave them a chance to win. Kind of like halak stopping 40+ shots 4 games in a row this year.

I've given up on him. He doesn't know how to compete. I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see it.
I remember Huet letting in a Stillman floater shot from the blueline and crushing our hopes of winning the series against the Canes.

We have to be patient with Price and with all of our young players. There is a ton of examples of players who matured only in their 4th, 5th or 6th season. Lafleur, the Sedins, Bertuzzi, Datsyuk, Jokinen etc etc etc. It's not time to let go of Plekanec, Kost bros, Latendresse... Look what happened with Lapierre, everyone was ready to dump him for good last summer... not so much now, huh?

With that said, I would start Halak for Game 3. He deserves the chance to prove himself with his performances this year. His stretch of 4-5 games where he was superb is a big reason we even are in the playoffs.

fredez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:01 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
kovy shouldn't wear the uniform, he's so quiet in the playoffs ... we shouldn't resign him ... it would be a sin ... considering all that mess that he caused only to hide when it matters...shame on him ... even if he was our most productive player during the season , he could have done much better....like playing up to his potential and scoring 200 pts/ season.

NO PENALTIES FOR THE BRUINS ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!!! soft calls ... refs took the game from us ... combined with carey's bellow par performance....imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post

I certainly share every single word of your post.

again : BRUINS NOT GETTING A PENALTY .... seriously , they must think we're blind to be such morons.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-19-2009 at 12:42 PM.
THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredez View Post
With that said, I would start Halak for Game 3. He deserves the chance to prove himself with his performances this year. His stretch of 4-5 games where he was superb is a big reason we even are in the playoffs.
And if Halak plays superb and ends up winning this series (and maybe another for us).. does he become our starter next year, or is given back to Price?

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:37 AM
LoonieDeals
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
And if Halak plays superb and ends up winning this series (and maybe another for us).. does he become our starter next year, or is given back to Price?
I certainly hope Gainey does what's best for the team and not what's best for his ego. I certainly hope he's not stubborn like that. Square peg in round hole.

LoonieDeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 11:51 AM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
If Halak performs well, he's really the only guy with value we have to trade in the summer.

Everyone wants the Kost brothers and Plekanec gone, but they're not worth anything right now.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 3736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delat View Post
Gainey needs to wake up and realise this team can't let the bruins cross the blue line like if there was no line on the ice. They need to protect our zone more than that. Why can't we place good shots on net like the Bruins do when they enter the zone, it seems to me like every shot we take is either too high or is as hard as pillow. We need to hit the net with our shots and be sure to shoot a bit harder, Thomas is having an easy time out here.
Why is Bob using the passive box on the PK ? This is brutal, Bruins have no difficulty to pass the puck thru or to get traffic in front.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote