HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Just a little note to all the Price bashers...

Old
04-18-2009, 11:35 PM
kovalev47

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Haha, they were gifts from my grandmother when she was still alive. So I kept them and put them up. Christian, Jericho and.. Benoit.

If you go over a bit further in my room there's a Donatello ninja turtle figure that she bought me too. Actually, you can see it in the 2nd picture on the far left on top of the speaker.
You need to get a Brock Lesnar figurine

kovalev47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 11:44 PM
Sir Jacques Demers

Steve mason has been on fire all year. he's allowed to stumble.

Price just sucks. 2.83 GAA in the new nhl? Comeon.

Sir Jacques Demers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 11:50 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
lol at Brisebois signature. It looks like he was signing his name then forgot what he was doing.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
But, but, but......M-A Fleury (a 1st overall pick who is just finding his game) was so much better as a 21 year old.
You are right as far as the future is concerned. Seems to me though that most comments are about the present and if we have a solution as far as beating the Bruins and it doesn't involve Price, I don't know why we shouldn't be considering it.

The other problem that we have is that you rarely can try to be a Cup contender and have a young goalie who needs time and time and time to adapt to the league he's playing in. You can do it with forwards, and with d-men to a lesser degree but if you want to compete, you need for those players to be great real soon. Unless you're ready to not be a contender and make your goalie learn and then you have a great team.

That's a problem with the Habs for a long time. We can't finish last 'cause we can't do it. So we need to patch it up year after year but then when we finally have a team that could do some damage, like last year, our goalie is a rookie who's not ready and his assistant is also another young guy.

We just can't put everything together.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 04-18-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Magic33

Price has the potential to be a great goalie. Unfortunately, this season hasn't been his year, and probably wont be his year going forward. Thats nothing to be ashamed of, for him and the fans. Its like all the fans are embarrassed to see him not play. Guess what, it happens to everyone. He'll go back home this summer and get his **** together, and hopefully come back next year more focused and ready to go.

That being said, I think, based on this year, Halak deserves a shot. He has had the same season, if not better than Price this year and he should be given a chance to play. It cant get worse than 5-1, so its really not a big gamble. Its not the end of the world guys. Goalies and players get pulled all the time. 5 months of bad play wont define his career, he has another 15 years to prove himself.

Edit: Also, one thing I didnt like was what he did to the fan after he got pulled (coming out for the 3rd). I dont care about that bruins fan, but come on dude, you just got pulled in a huge game, be pissed. Dont screw around.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 01:34 AM
Coldplay
Courage

What did he do in the 3rd? (with that fan...)

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 01:49 AM
ScherbakAttack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality View Post
- bad body language
- raises his arms after goals as if to say "that was your fault"
-terrible lateral mouvements
- bad rebound control

this is what has been ailing him all year. He makes thomas look like a monster in nets for how small he makes himself.
I like Price, always have but his attitude stinks, he dosent battle. He seems almost lacksidasical out there.
He just has to look straight- 200 feet away and learn how to compete in the NHL. Until he realizes that talent and potential will only get you so far, he will never be able to lead the canadiens.
Pretty much, and he usually lets him 1-2 softies a game like someone else said (hence our lack of shutouts).

I haven't given up on him but I don't like where he's headed. Doesn't seem like he cares much about the team.

ScherbakAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 01:54 AM
Clumsyhab

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 01:59 AM
Habs 1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
I love this from Whitesnake,I agree totally, Price needed to steal us a game and he did'nt do it, look at Henrik Lundqvist he is why NY is up 2-0.
If you agree with his post, then how can you say that one individual is responsible for 2 wins?

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:00 AM
TheCH*

Price is not delivering what we need. Halak just may be able to do that! Give him a shot the worst that can happen, well that is already a given to happen once again with Price, and that is playoff choker.

Halak really is the better goalie so i don't see what the problem is.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:03 AM
HabsPack

Price isn't getting the job done and he hasn't for a few months, time to test the Halak waters, and hopefully not before this series is all but over at 0-3.

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:16 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post
Price isn't getting the job done and he hasn't for a few months, time to test the Halak waters, and hopefully not before this series is all but over at 0-3.
Price was the only reason the score was as close as it was. The best case scenario with Halak would have been the same result. yes, that is how crappy we played.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:27 AM
L'Aveuglette

vCash: 1000
What's really funny is if Halak let in those 5 goals tonight most Price defenders would be ALL OVER HIM.

Price is wayyyyy overrated on this board. Must be the Gainey effect. Watch Halak steal monday's game.....if the coach gets his head out of his ass and realizes he ain't winning ONE game with his golden boy in nets.

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:30 AM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
I don't know, I'm all for Halak next game, this team needs a change and the goalie is a big part of that, but I hope Price still keeps his head held high. He played basically as well as you can ask any human being to. He's not Patrick Roy or Ken Dryden and we have to stop expecting that from everyone who steps into the Canadiens' net. Neither is Halak for that matter. This is going to take a team effort, as there's no one on this team who is good enough to take everyone on their back. The one guy who could maybe do that is injured and we can only hope until he gets back.

benji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:49 AM
Clumsyhab

I agree with Halak in net for game 3. He stole 4 straight games late in the season to get us in the playoff so he's capable of winning games by himself. I'm not even sure if Price has stole 4 games for us all season.

Also, remeber when we played Carolina a couple of years ago? We won our first 2 on the road with Gerber between the pipe and then, Maurice decides to go with Ward and then and the Canes won 4 straight.

Let's try Halak, we have nothing to lose.

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 02:52 AM
L'Aveuglette

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
I agree with Halak in net for game 3. He stole 4 straight games late in the season to get us in the playoff so he's capable of winning games by himself. I'm not even sure if Price has stole 4 games for us all season.

Also, remeber when we played Carolina a couple of years ago? We won our first 2 on the road with Gerber between the pipe and then, Maurice decides to go with Ward and then and the Canes won 4 straight.

Let's try Halak, we have nothing to lose.
Gainey's ego?

L'Aveuglette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 07:18 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
Price was the only reason the score was as close as it was. The best case scenario with Halak would have been the same result. yes, that is how crappy we played.
5 straight playoff losses and counting. Best Case scenario is that Price doesn't see another minute of playing time this season.

Halak must be tired of bailing this team out.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 08:27 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKomisarek View Post
If you agree with his post, then how can you say that one individual is responsible for 2 wins?
First of all , First period of game 1 , The Rangers were outshot 14-4 by the capitals, and completly dominated that whole game, If Theodore plays like an NHL goalie should, there is no way NY wins that game, what I meant by Price stealing us a game was not to say that a goalie to win by himself, but what I mean is ANY team going into a hostile crazy road game needs that extra lift that is usually provided by a stellar goaltending performance and Price only gave us 75% of that tonight, 8 minutes into the first period we outshot Boston 8-2 and we were doing well, until that first goal got by Price on a very average shot, Wind knocked out of team downhill from there on. Qestion---If roberto Luongo was in our net , would we be down 2-0 right now?

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 08:34 AM
BeatsPerMinute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumsyhab View Post
hahaha, as much as I love Price...that was a bit ridiculous.

BeatsPerMinute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 08:34 AM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
Qestion---If roberto Luongo was in our net , would we be down 2-0 right now?
YES!

Schooner Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 08:40 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredman View Post
i'm not blaming him at all for tonight's loss.

the team lost a second game in a row because of the coach and because the team can't stop taking penalties.
Explain how it is the coaches fault? The majority of the team in front of Price played like crap, with little heart and this is not something that Price or Gainey can change.

beowulf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 08:40 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habarazzi View Post
That's funny .... Halak seems to do OK. he stands on his head facing 50 shots and actually got us in the playoffs with that 5 game stretch.

Maybe if Carey can do it just ONCE, I can cut him some slack as well.

I'm just saying
He never had the chance to lose his confidence. Price has had the inside riped out by wolfs nite after nite. In time Halak most likely any other goalie would falter.
Those are top notch chances given by the team

Last edited by otto bond: 04-19-2009 at 08:49 AM.
otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 08:48 AM
Fire Everyone
Especially you

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Halak hasn't done that since his streak in mid to late February... that was two months ago. Get over it. He has been very good since that streak, but Price has been good too.

The truth is, the Bruins are just too good for our bunch of girls.

Fire Everyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 08:56 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
5 straight playoff losses and counting. Best Case scenario is that Price doesn't see another minute of playing time this season.

And he's a pressure performer, unflappable, flawless ...everyone's fault but his.

Totally agree.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 09:05 AM
optimus2861

Quote:
The numbers are cold & hard. Price is 2-7 in his last 9 playoff starts.

Time to put in Halak, because Price just isn't getting the job done. This in no way means we're giving up on Price or that he won't be a great goalie next year or the year after, but short-term, we need a win in game 3 or we're toast, and right now, Price does not inspire confidence that he can deliver that win.

Last edited by optimus2861: 04-19-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Corrected Price's record
optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote