HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I see some light

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2004, 10:18 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
I see some light

After having a rough time over the last 7 games (1-3-2-1), I see some light in our upcoming schedule.

In the last 7 games, we've faced 4 powerhouses (OTT, PHI, DET, BOS) and they've all beaten us. We tied St.Louis in a building that we haven't won a game in the last 14 tries. We tied Calgary in a playoff-type game. Pittsburgh was the only game we were favored to win, and we won. We're staying afloat. Optimistically speaking, we got points in 4 of the 7 games.

Having completed what I think is was the most difficult part of our schedule, we are now faced with some winnable (though by no means easy) games. We have 10 games remaining, and only 2 are against teams with a record better than us (VAN and COL).

@VAN- beatable without Bertuzzi and Jovocop. Can't be considered a powerhouse right now.
@EDM- it's going to be a battle, but our chances are just as good as theirs
@CAL- see above

Hopefully we can win 2 of the 3 left on this road trip.

ANA
@NYR
CBJ
CHI
@CHI

These 5 games are the games we must win. At worst, we need 4 of the 5. All these teams are below us in the standings by a good margin. We've had problems vs Chicago this year. That's got to change.

STL- wouldn't be sweet to clinch our playoff berth at home with a win?
@COL- I hope we've already clinched it by this point. I don't know if I will be able to take it.

Last edited by dulzhok: 03-15-2004 at 10:25 PM.
Old
03-15-2004, 10:21 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
After having a rough time over the last 7 games (1-3-2-1), I see some light in our upcoming schedule.

In the last 7 games, we've faced 4 powerhouses (OTT, PHI, DET, BOS) and they've all beaten us. We tied St.Louis in a building we've have won a game in the last 14 tries. We tied Calgary in a playoff-type game. We're staying afloat. Optimistically speaking, we got points in 4 of the 7 games.

Having completed what I think is was the most difficult part of our schedule, we are now faced with some winnable (though by no means easy) games. We have 10 games remaining, and only 2 are against teams with a record better than us (VAN and COL).

@VAN- beatable without Bertuzzi and Jovocop. Can't be considered a powerhouse right now.
@EDM- it's going to be a battle, but our chances are just as good as theirs
@CAL- see above

Hopefully we can win 2 of the 3 left on this road trip.

ANA
@NYR
CBJ
CHI
@CHI

These 5 games are the games we must win. At worst, we need 4 of the 5. All these teams are below us in the standings by a good margin. We've had problems vs Chicago this year. That's got to change.

STL- wouldn't be sweet to clinch our playoff berth at home with a win?
@COL- I hope we've already clinched it by this point. I don't know if I will be able to take it.
i was having this exact discussion with a friend, earlier today. great post.

Old
03-16-2004, 01:19 AM
sparkle twin
On the Coooole Train

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I'm sorry, but I refuse to see any kind of light until April 4, around, oh 6pm, when the Colorado game should be over. This is too nerve racking.

Last edited by sparkle twin: 03-17-2004 at 01:21 AM. Reason: wrong game date
Old
03-16-2004, 11:33 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
i was having this exact discussion with a friend, earlier today. great post.
Ditto. We are coming down to some "easier" games, so the destiny of this team lies in its own hands.

Old
03-16-2004, 03:07 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

One game at a time. The way the team has played we can not afford to look at games as 'easy' or to look ahead at all. Focus heavily on each team we play and work hard.

Old
03-16-2004, 03:12 PM
edler von real gud

vCash: 380
Send a message via MSN to edler von real gud
*starts playing "Blinded by the light"* j/k, I hope you guys make the playoffs, just make sure you lose tonight.

Old
03-16-2004, 04:44 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade
One game at a time. The way the team has played we can not afford to look at games as 'easy' or to look ahead at all. Focus heavily on each team we play and work hard.
"We" can afford to

Old
03-16-2004, 07:05 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koltsov
*starts playing "Blinded by the light"* j/k, I hope you guys make the playoffs, just make sure you lose tonight.
Hey, these points are more crucial to us than they are to you

Old
03-16-2004, 07:55 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Hey, these points are more crucial to us than they are to you
and I expect the Preds to come out playing like it too.

Old
03-21-2004, 01:27 PM
dulzhok

The Calgary win has given us some realistic hope.

After the deadful day in Edmonton, we should have a new found confidence. In addition, I think the fight at the will rile us up. Not that we haven't being played with emotion, but I think we'll be a little more pissed off.

Hopefully it will be the stepping stone that propels us to 5 wins (atleast 4) over these five "easier" teams.

We have no one to blame but ourselves if we can't get it done.

Old
03-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok
The Calgary win has given us some realistic hope.

After the deadful day in Edmonton, we should have a new found confidence. In addition, I think the fight at the will rile us up. Not that we haven't being played with emotion, but I think we'll be a little more pissed off.

Hopefully it will be the stepping stone that propels us to 5 wins (atleast 4) over these five "easier" teams.

We have no one to blame but ourselves if we can't get it done.
And remember one of Sutter's brothers Coaches' Chitcago, hhhmmm...redirecting anger and hate, maybe?...hehehe

Old
03-21-2004, 03:04 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
And remember one of Sutter's brothers Coaches' Chitcago, hhhmmm...redirecting anger and hate, maybe?...hehehe
If it takes that much to get fired up for Chicago, maybe we need some new leadership. The fact that we can't seem to beat them should be enough.

Old
03-21-2004, 05:45 PM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
If it takes that much to get fired up for Chicago, maybe we need some new leadership. The fact that we can't seem to beat them should be enough.
maybe several things could fire them up, but if thats the best thing, why wouldn't you use it as a coach? Not saying Trotz will, just saying if it was the best tool to fire up the troops I'd use it in a heart beat

Old
03-21-2004, 08:48 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
maybe several things could fire them up, but if thats the best thing, why wouldn't you use it as a coach? Not saying Trotz will, just saying if it was the best tool to fire up the troops I'd use it in a heart beat

Like I said, if it takes that much to get this team fired up we have problems at the top. The fact that a vastly inferior team has absolutely dominated the series should be enough. Now, Trotz may need to use it to motivate the troops (though I doubt it will even raise eyebrows), but if he needs to use it, I question our leadership.

Closed Thread