HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Hockey Arena Part XI -Pull My Youth, Please

Closed Thread

Old
06-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Trepanated

vCash: 500
Well, I just bought a goalie. His AI is lower than what I was hoping for, but he's still an upgrade over what I have, and he only cost me 10k. That's basically free, as far as I'm concerned.

Information about player Lubomír Bednařík, id 14627338
Age 22 Country Czech
Contract 3 days Team Torakat
Injury Healthy Quality 67
Potential 61
Ability index 93 Loyalty
Satisfaction neutral Weeks in team 10
Goalie's weak spot ? Star
Attributes
Goalie 52 Speed 31
Defense 0 Strength 0
Offense 0 Self-control 2
Shooting 0 Form 100 (+3)
Puck control/Passing 8 Experience 7
Energy 50 Training

Old
06-24-2009, 01:47 PM
Indrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepanated View Post
Well, I just bought a goalie. His AI is lower than what I was hoping for, but he's still an upgrade over what I have, and he only cost me 10k. That's basically free, as far as I'm concerned.

Information about player Lubomír Bednařík, id 14627338
Age 22 Country Czech
Contract 3 days Team Torakat
Injury Healthy Quality 67
Potential 61
Ability index 93 Loyalty
Satisfaction neutral Weeks in team 10
Goalie's weak spot ? Star
Attributes
Goalie 52 Speed 31
Defense 0 Strength 0
Offense 0 Self-control 2
Shooting 0 Form 100 (+3)
Puck control/Passing 8 Experience 7
Energy 50 Training
I'm not expert, but that looks pretty good. Even comes with a tiny bit of experience. Be careful of that low energy though, could risk an injury in his first few starts.

Old
06-24-2009, 01:53 PM
ez42x10

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Worst Poster View Post
I'm not expert, but that looks pretty good. Even comes with a tiny bit of experience. Be careful of that low energy though, could risk an injury in his first few starts.
you'll probably want to rest him until his energy comes up. then i'd focus on self-control for a while so he doesn't lose his confidence every time he lets one in.

lol - this is a first for me - facing a manager-less team in the NC tonight. i'm still scared to play my youth though. it would suck to lose to a team with no manager.

Old
06-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Trepanated

Quote:
Oh, good call. I probably wouldn't have thought of that. I'll plan to rest him until his energy is up. Thanks.

Old
06-24-2009, 07:16 PM
sabrefan2930

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Budaj Bugatti View Post
Pringle's AI distribution. I think that much defense for a forward is a bit of a waste. You asked for opinions and I gave you one, doesn't mean you have to agree.

Your 2nd pairing is needed for youth infusion, but splitting them up is what I was suggesting. Just a suggestion! - do as you think is best. Maybe others can chime in too. On the other hand breaking up chemistry may not be desirable, and they can age together into a fine future 1st defensive pairing. Both have pros and cons.

Lack of EXP was a reference to South, Bezdek, and Dunn. Even 50's isn't ideal for a 24 year old I guess, but I doubt it's a major problem.
Sorry if it came off like I was angry in those posts, that wasn't the intention. I'm not getting mad at all, I was just looking for a little clarification. I was kind of going for a businesslike tone. I'm not angry, and I genuinely do appreciate the input.

As for Pringle: if it had been up to me, that 16 would have been in shooting or attack, but hey, he was pulled like that, what can I do about it? Well, I suppose that I could ***** about it, but that wouldn't accomplish very much

I'm thinking the same way about splitting that pairing. It has to be done. I'll sacrifice some chemistry, but if it keeps me from giving up weak goals, it's worth it. All that's left is to decide who plays with whom and I'm set.

The lack of EXP: With young players, I think that's just a condition of being raised in V. South has played every game since he was pulled last season. Bezdek, I bought near the end of his 19 year-old season and he didn't have any experience when I bought him. I did end up getting a good deal on that one, since he was showing mid-80s Q and ended up being 93 and I got him cheap. Dunn has played a lot since I got him, but mostly on the fourth line because of his poor Q and mediocre starting AI, which explains him. Timoshin is really low because I bought him with no EXP before the start of last season because I was desperate for a fourth line center. He's -3, and I'll sell him in a couple years, so his EXP-deficit isn't a huge problem to me. Jurkiewicz was bought I think with a week left in his 21 year old season and had very little EXP. Even with his less-than-good EXP, he's still one of my better players, so I guess I can't complain. He'd be better if he'd been in my team since he was, say 19.

Old
06-24-2009, 07:26 PM
sabrefan2930

Trepanated: If you could use another goalie upgrade as your backup, I'd be willing to list this guy for 10k. He's an old YP that I kept around hoping I could make him into a decent train-and-sell, but he doesn't have much of a future on my team. He's +3, by the way. Real Q is 66.

Fred Tripp

Important stats: 40 goalie, 11 speed, and a whopping 19 self control, so you know he'll never lose his cool, even if he gives up 10 goals

Old
06-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

I'm running for Mr. HA.

Vote Ducks!

Old
06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

I'm running for USA National Team manager.

I have boatloads of experience. I even came in 10th place in League V.4.

I'm going to get rid of the rampant AI bias that plagues HA. I promise to select players from all leagues, from I.1 to VII.2.

You see, it's not about AI or experience. It's about heart. A guy from League VII.1 may 31 AI, but THERE IS NO STATISTIC FOR HEART.

If we played other teams with my philosophy, we might lose 9/10 times. But not this tournament. Not this season.

The other national teams time is done. It's over.
I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great team the Slovaks Czech have. SCREW EM. THIS IS OUT TIME.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, and no place else.

Old
06-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksRule00 View Post

I'm going to get rid of the rampant AI bias that plagues HA. I promise to select players from all leagues, from I.1 to VII.2.

You see, it's not about AI or experience. It's about heart. A guy from League VII.1 may 31 AI, but THERE IS NO STATISTIC FOR HEART.

If we played other teams with my philosophy, we might lose 9/10 times. But not this tournament. Not this season.

I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great team the Slovaks Czech have. SCREW EM. THIS IS OUT TIME.

You have my vote (because I'm positive Ranger already has the win)

You may be an interesting ally come U20 election season.

Old
06-24-2009, 09:03 PM
sabrefan2930

Quote:

I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great team the Slovaks Czech have. SCREW EM. THIS IS OUR TIME.

Post that on the campaign thread in HA. Awesome speech.

Old
06-24-2009, 09:07 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
(because I'm positive Ranger already has the win)
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

the tough get goin'! Who's with me?
What the **** happened to the Hockeyarena I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? This could be the greatest tournament of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst. "Ooh, we're afraid to vote for you jax, we might lose." Well just kiss my ass from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Dick Detrick, he's a dead man! Henrikpp, dead! Markon...DEAD!

We gotta take these ******** (excpet Ranger, he's a pimp). Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Who better than me?

LET'S DO IT!

Old
06-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Indrew

Maryland that boring eh?

Old
06-24-2009, 09:10 PM
sabrefan2930

Quote:
I'm running for Mr. HA.

Vote Ducks!
Do America proud, Ducks. Havlicek made the finals last time, I expect the same or better out of you. And remember: frogs drink water.

Old
06-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Rune Forumwalker

Quote:

You now have a second vote thanks to that awesome speech.

Old
06-24-2009, 11:42 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:

Quote:
You have my vote (because I'm positive Ranger already has the win)

You may be an interesting ally come U20 election season.
This is exactly why I posted in HA that I think Jax is going to run away with this election...I'm trying to think of a proper response, but that speech is just too awesome.

I guess I'll offer to vroom, vroom, get the party started with the drinkability of Bud Light.

Old
06-24-2009, 11:44 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Quote:
Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! And it ain't over now. 'Cause when the goin' gets tough...

Can't use that Jax, that was my speech in the pregame against Slovakia, and guess what? It was the most glorious upset ever recorded.

Old
06-24-2009, 11:45 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Quote:
Maryland that boring eh?
I've been there, and yes, it is!

Old
06-25-2009, 05:39 AM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
Winger: 229ai 0p :Marijn van der Hoorn
This guy is the only player left from my starting team. 93 weeks. Painful to finally let him go.
41M!

Quote:
Winger 171ai 6p Jean-Francois Sauvage
10M

Quote:
Center 181ai 12p
Ted Sjoholm
17M meh.

Quote:
Dman 192ai 12p
Atanas Stojanovic
27M meh

Quote:
Center 182ai 18p
Matej Huska
24M

Quote:
Dman 181ai 18p
Lukas Dvorsky
10M

Quote:
Dman 171ai 24p
Jeronym Martinek
15M

Quote:
End tomorrow morning:
Winger 153ai 29p
Eduard Obzerka
19M

41+10+15+27+10+17+24=144Million into the bank. i've never had more than 30.
Also. These guys are my highest paid guys. Including the only 3 making over 100k (one making 240k. lol). So that's coming off the books while I'm down here making more money as well. 12M per game or so.

I can retain my UFA for 0. And he will got on the market shortly afterwards along with my goalie that is on the market right now.

Now the question is. Where do I invest the money. Do I try and buy a single home-run 97+Q player? Or do I get a bunch of 88-100q players on good deals.
This is the lineup so far:

Old
06-25-2009, 10:12 AM
njdevscup30
Boom Boom

vCash: 750
Got myself consecutive home matches against the Thunder Chickens next week. Tuesday is a league game and Wednesday is NC. I think he may have given up on HA... I'm gonna try to get him back.

Closed Thread