HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Hockey Arena Part XI -Pull My Youth, Please

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2009, 06:50 PM
  #101
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
Win! Again against team 20+ AI better, this time on road. His 258AI winger ran amok among my kindergarten, going 2+2... but my team scored 6, with so far pointless Krkelik and Koltsov both scoring twice.

MadArcand is online now  
Old
04-23-2009, 07:38 PM
  #102
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
I only won 4-2 against one of the bad teams Cagle's line dominates again. Bruno 2+1, Cagle 1+2, Pablo 1+1. That lin has scored 25 goals this season. The rest of the team has scored 5

poppap, you're O isn't doing too bad. 19 goals on the season is good for 8th in the league.

Mallard, has your scouting thing been fixed?

tujague is offline  
Old
04-23-2009, 08:34 PM
  #103
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS
 
Chairman Mallard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pacifica / Sec 202
Country: United States
Posts: 15,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I only won 4-2 against one of the bad teams Cagle's line dominates again. Bruno 2+1, Cagle 1+2, Pablo 1+1. That lin has scored 25 goals this season. The rest of the team has scored 5

poppap, you're O isn't doing too bad. 19 goals on the season is good for 8th in the league.

Mallard, has your scouting thing been fixed?
nope, got robbed of 2.5 million.

trained at 34.25% today

Chairman Mallard is offline  
Old
04-23-2009, 10:01 PM
  #104
Phinor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Finland
Posts: 197
vCash: 500
Almost thought I had a prospect but his 86Q? turned into a scouted 74Q. On the positive side of things my team is overachieving right now and I might have a shot at playoffs in my first season in league V.9. Just won 35AI higher team on low 6-4.

Also tried selling my -3 loyalty prospect but no one took the bait. Ah well, maybe I can keep him for a reasonable sum when he turns 27 in.. umm, 8 years or so

Phinor is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 12:08 AM
  #105
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
nope, got robbed of 2.5 million.

trained at 34.25% today
So, what happened? You put the player id # in the scout box, clicked 1 day scout, confirmed it. Then went back to the scout page and it showed no one being scouted, but it still took 2.5M from you?

Or did you scout a player, but when the game updated, it showed no one was scouted and still took the 2.5M?

It's weird either way. Try to talk to icko. I had that weird problem with adding seats to my stadium using Safari. He fixed that. Twice.


Some of you were talking about wanting goalie prospects. I bought two recently. If anyone wants the lesser of the two, I can throw him on the market at a weird time for 10K. He's definitely a project, so you'll need a good T/R.

Code:
Information about player Bogdan Dundukov, id 18123592
Age 	18 	  	Country 	 Ukraine
Contract 	65 days 	  	Team 	Bombsville Atomics
Injury 	Healthy 	  	Quality 	 88
Salary 	11 549 + 20% 	  	Potential 	 ?68
Ability index 	49 	  	Loyalty 	 ?-
Satisfaction 	neutral 	  	Weeks in team 	0
Goalie's weak spot 	None 	  	Star 	?13%
Attributes
Goalie 	10 (0%) 	  	Speed 	16 (0%)
Defense 	0 (0%) 	  	Strength 	6 (0%)
Offense 	0 (0%) 	  	Self-control 	9 (0%)
Shooting 	0 (0%) 	  	Form 	40 (0)
Puck control/Passing 	8 (0%) 	  	Experience 	0 (21%)
Energy 	100 	  	Training 	0%

tujague is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 12:15 AM
  #106
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS
 
Chairman Mallard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pacifica / Sec 202
Country: United States
Posts: 15,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
So, what happened? You put the player id # in the scout box, clicked 1 day scout, confirmed it. Then went back to the scout page and it showed no one being scouted, but it still took 2.5M from you?

Or did you scout a player, but when the game updated, it showed no one was scouted and still took the 2.5M?

It's weird either way. Try to talk to icko. I had that weird problem with adding seats to my stadium using Safari. He fixed that. Twice.


Some of you were talking about wanting goalie prospects. I bought two recently. If anyone wants the lesser of the two, I can throw him on the market at a weird time for 10K. He's definitely a project, so you'll need a good T/R.

Code:
Information about player Bogdan Dundukov, id 18123592
Age 	18 	  	Country 	 Ukraine
Contract 	65 days 	  	Team 	Bombsville Atomics
Injury 	Healthy 	  	Quality 	 88
Salary 	11 549 + 20% 	  	Potential 	 ?68
Ability index 	49 	  	Loyalty 	 ?-
Satisfaction 	neutral 	  	Weeks in team 	0
Goalie's weak spot 	None 	  	Star 	?13%
Attributes
Goalie 	10 (0%) 	  	Speed 	16 (0%)
Defense 	0 (0%) 	  	Strength 	6 (0%)
Offense 	0 (0%) 	  	Self-control 	9 (0%)
Shooting 	0 (0%) 	  	Form 	40 (0)
Puck control/Passing 	8 (0%) 	  	Experience 	0 (21%)
Energy 	100 	  	Training 	0%
this

Chairman Mallard is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 03:01 AM
  #107
hluraven
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London
Country: England
Posts: 559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
this
If you cancel the scout for any reason you lose the money, but I have never heard of someone setting up a scout, not touching it, and not getting the report

hluraven is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 03:30 AM
  #108
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS
 
Chairman Mallard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pacifica / Sec 202
Country: United States
Posts: 15,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hluraven View Post
If you cancel the scout for any reason you lose the money, but I have never heard of someone setting up a scout, not touching it, and not getting the report
yeah I didn't cancel it, it was just gonna be a one day scout, I did it this morning so it would be done by todays update, but it never showed up on the scout page as "one day remaining" but it still took my money.

Its not a huge deal, I just thought it was pretty random.

Chairman Mallard is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 03:40 AM
  #109
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,445
vCash: 500
I want back in on HA =(

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 03:53 AM
  #110
MadArcand
We do not sow
 
MadArcand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pyke
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
yeah I didn't cancel it, it was just gonna be a one day scout, I did it this morning so it would be done by todays update, but it never showed up on the scout page as "one day remaining" but it still took my money.

Its not a huge deal, I just thought it was pretty random.
Could it be a doublemisclick or something like that? Like, you clicked scout, then it refreshed and you immediately clicked on cancel? Tho I'm not sure if cancel doesn't give you a yes/no popup, making this theory moot.

MadArcand is online now  
Old
04-24-2009, 03:55 AM
  #111
El_Loco_Avs
Registered User
 
El_Loco_Avs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 7,921
vCash: 500
Almelo Avalanche distributions:
Quality:
100q -> 1
90-99q -> 6
80-89q -> 16
70-79q -> 18
65-69q -> 2



AI:
200+ -> 1
180-199 -> 2
160-179 -> 8
140-159 -> 3
120-139 -> 2
100-119 -> 5
80-99 -> 11
29-79 -> 12


7 game winning streak now. TS is at warm. It's all good.
Monday night's game will be me against the number 2. I'ma beat him up! He has about 8.5 ai on me. Considering our relative ages, that difference will be gone by the end of the season (i'm 5 years younger than him.). By then it'll be down to experience. And using some line shuffling and win bonus mojo. I need revenge. He's 4-10-1 against me.


Last edited by El_Loco_Avs: 04-24-2009 at 04:02 AM.
El_Loco_Avs is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 08:39 AM
  #112
hydromel
Registered User
 
hydromel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: shut it
Country: United States
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
you should be able to beat me pretty handily this week.

Maybe Chance can steal one, but i doubt it
we'll see. i still have pretty weak goaltending.


also, I sold Ivan Beránek whom I had bought from you.

hydromel is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 11:36 AM
  #113
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS
 
Chairman Mallard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pacifica / Sec 202
Country: United States
Posts: 15,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydromel View Post
we'll see. i still have pretty weak goaltending.


also, I sold Ivan Beránek whom I had bought from you.
There is some degree of randomness, but when you are giving up a good amount of AI like I am while my youngsters improve, I'll most likely lose.

Still I like being in 7th right now considering I have the 11th or 12th best average AI. Look mom, I can manage!

Chairman Mallard is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 12:13 PM
  #114
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Haha. Hyrdomel already sold your bum, but he kept my Diego Parent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Malllard
It's pretty ballsy of you to ask for 75 million for North

I'll be jealous if you get that.
Steven North is gone! Tis a sad day in Atomic Land. He was my second good youth pull. Really carried the team defensively when we were fighting to survive in IV.3.

Originally listed him for 75M (with 60 something days before he goes RFA) and Chlebicki for 30M (very nice 192AI d-man with 12P and a 160+ day contract). Re-listed them at 50 & 25M. North sold for 60 and Chlebicki went for 40M. I ended up just 5M short of my original asking price for the pair. Quite happy with that

The same guy bought both, so if anyone is interested in Steven North (87/12 +1), he might have a tough time keeping him when he goes RFA at the end of the season


Last edited by tujague: 04-24-2009 at 01:22 PM.
tujague is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 12:57 PM
  #115
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS
 
Chairman Mallard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pacifica / Sec 202
Country: United States
Posts: 15,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
Haha. Hyrdomel already sold your bum, but he kept my Diego Parent



Steven North is gone! Tis a sad day in Atomic Land. He was my second good youth pull. Really carried the team defensively when we were fighting to survive in IV.3.

Originally listed him for 75M (with 60 something days before he goes RFA) and Chlebicki for 30M (very nice 192AI d-man with 12P and a 160+ day contract). Re-listed them at 50 & 25M. North sold for 60 and Chlebicki went for 40M. I ended up just 5M short of my original asking price for the pair. Quite happy with that

The same guy bought both, so if you're interested in Steven North (87/12 +1), he might have a tough time keeping him when he goes RFA at the end of the season
I'm gonna stick with the youngsters. I have so many good young players. I just don't have any more players that can sell for big money other than the youngsters, but I don't want to sell them.

How much money are you sitting on now Tujague, you must have at least 500 million, I only have 160

And I'm still looking at spending anywhere from 50-100 on a stud goalie sometime this season or next if I can catch one at a good time

Chairman Mallard is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 02:08 PM
  #116
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
I'm gonna stick with the youngsters. I have so many good young players. I just don't have any more players that can sell for big money other than the youngsters, but I don't want to sell them.

How much money are you sitting on now Tujague, you must have at least 500 million, I only have 160

And I'm still looking at spending anywhere from 50-100 on a stud goalie sometime this season or next if I can catch one at a good time
I didn't mean to ask if you specifically were interested in North

I wish I had close to 500M. I think the 100M from today will get me over 270M. I already have the good young goalie, but I'd love to spend 50-70M on another young winger this season. I just don't have the room with all the damn youth pulls! Dammit. That's not as much fun when you actually have some good pulls

tujague is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 02:12 PM
  #117
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS
 
Chairman Mallard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pacifica / Sec 202
Country: United States
Posts: 15,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post
I didn't mean to ask if you specifically were interested in North

I wish I had close to 500M. I think the 100M from today will get me over 270M. I already have the good young goalie, but I'd love to spend 50-70M on another young winger this season. I just don't have the room with all the damn youth pulls! Dammit. That's not as much fun when you actually have some good pulls
I'm finally starting to get a couple decent pulls, but my 91/90 pull is by far the best ever.

scouting him today to see how close the 90 is to being accurate, if its 88, which i think would be perfect potential, he could be my first 300AI player, its really too bad he is a D-man

Chairman Mallard is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 04:19 PM
  #118
poppap527
Registered User
 
poppap527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tujague View Post

poppap, you're O isn't doing too bad. 19 goals on the season is good for 8th in the league.
yea, it isn't a total wash, but i look at my powerplay which is only clicking at 13.6% and figured i needed another gun to score when it mattered most.

can i get some Q/P's on my young guns plz.
Peter Strapko:
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....er_id=17255082

Derrick Choate:
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....er_id=16422852

Robert Maguire:
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....er_id=15591800

Jeff Lemons:
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....er_id=17439886

Ronald Ryder:
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....er_id=15798878

Greg Clemens:
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....er_id=15591801

poppap527 is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 04:54 PM
  #119
njdevscup30
Boom Boom
 
njdevscup30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Blacksburg
Country: United States
Posts: 3,663
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppap527 View Post
yea, it isn't a total wash, but i look at my powerplay which is only clicking at 13.6% and figured i needed another gun to score when it mattered most.

can i get some Q/P's on my young guns plz.
Peter Strapko:
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....er_id=17255082

Derrick Choate:
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....er_id=16422852

Robert Maguire:
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....er_id=15591800

Jeff Lemons:
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....er_id=17439886

Ronald Ryder:
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....er_id=15798878

Greg Clemens:
http://www.hockeyarena.net/en/index....er_id=15591801
98/68
86/43
83/49
99/62
91/69
86/71

My beta team finally made it above the -15 million line for the first time in 3 seasons today!

njdevscup30 is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 05:06 PM
  #120
poppap527
Registered User
 
poppap527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 500
thanks devs,

thats a shame, either they are on the money or severely undervalued. they are all 90+ Q guys. the only guy who got a good boost was jeff lemons who is a 92/59.

What do you guys think i could get for Strapko? he shows that 98/68

he is 97/65.
18 yo Dman, 71AI 27 def 3att 15 shot 6 pass 8 spd 9 str 4 sco and he has 10 exp.

i had wanted to keep him on the team as my future dstud, but if i can turn a good profit on him, i bought him for 513,000 last season, maybe i should sell him and invest that cash elsewhere.

poppap527 is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 05:53 PM
  #121
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS
 
Chairman Mallard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pacifica / Sec 202
Country: United States
Posts: 15,698
vCash: 500
Who would have thought you could make a new enemy on HA while insulting Gm666

Max P for a 17 year old is 94, right?

So max p for an 18 year old is 88.

My guy scouted out to be 82, so he is one year off perfect potential, 91Q, and he is +3 loyalty. not bad


Last edited by Chairman Mallard: 04-24-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Chairman Mallard is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 06:57 PM
  #122
tujague
Registered User
 
tujague's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,792
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
Who would have thought you could make a new enemy on HA while insulting Gm666

Max P for a 17 year old is 94, right?

So max p for an 18 year old is 88.

My guy scouted out to be 82, so he is one year off perfect potential, 91Q, and he is +3 loyalty. not bad
"...and he is +3 loyalty. not bad"

Not bad? NOT BAD? I hate you jerks with your +3 studs.

Code:
Information about player Merlin Thayer, id 14297797
Age 	23 	  	Country 	 USA
Contract 	28 days 	  	Team 	Bombsville Atomics
Injury 	Healthy 	  	Quality 	 60
Salary 	33 846 	  	Potential 	 47
Ability index 	123 	  	Loyalty 	+3
Satisfaction 	uneasy 	  	Weeks in team 	38
Goalie's weak spot 	Blocker 	  	Star 	0%
Attributes
Goalie 	0 (0%) 	  	Speed 	23 (0%)
Defense 	0 (0%) 	  	Strength 	0 (34%)
Offense 	51 (4%) 	  	Self-control 	2 (27%)
Shooting 	37 (21%) 	  	Form 	54 (-3)
Passing 	10 (57%) 	  	Experience 	18 (82%)
Energy 	100 	  	Training 	0%
That's my best (and only?) +3 player I have.


Last edited by tujague: 04-24-2009 at 07:04 PM.
tujague is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 06:58 PM
  #123
tgarrett29
Registered User
 
tgarrett29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Mallard View Post
Who would have thought you could make a new enemy on HA while insulting Gm666


I like it when the grammar police crack back on comments and then spell words wrong themselves. As the immortal Homer Simpson once said, "Me like, good speak!" Can't wait to see Mr. Atleast's response!

tgarrett29 is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 07:08 PM
  #124
Chairman Mallard
GO DUCKS
 
Chairman Mallard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pacifica / Sec 202
Country: United States
Posts: 15,698
vCash: 500
Good game Salitter, you edged me out 2-1, but I held my own all things considered.

You have about 15 AI on me on average, but hopefully I close that gap by the second time we play, and return the favor when you get to my house.

Its really the lack of Exp that is killing my team, but I expected that this season, if I survive this season, which I should, I can make a run next season when Chance has about 100 goalie skill and hopefully around 70 speed, and the youngsters have all improved and gotten at least one full season of exp.

34.65% training today.


Last edited by Chairman Mallard: 04-24-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Chairman Mallard is offline  
Old
04-24-2009, 08:00 PM
  #125
poppap527
Registered User
 
poppap527's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 500
your young ones sure hang in there devs. we put the hammer down in the third but you were there.

poppap527 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.