HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs late, game Scrums: what we should retain

Old
04-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Habs late, game Scrums: what we should retain

Komisarek: he pushes, he pushes, but not much else. The other players have no fear in the guy because that's all he does. They know he's not gonna drop them. He's afraid of fighting. And he's not gonna pull something dirty unlike Lucic, Chara, etc...

Lapierre: when there's a scrum and there's something going on he's usualy in the midst of it. The guy is singled out most of the time but he's getting the brunt of the blows. You think he's getting enough support from his teamates? I'm not saying they don't like him. But more like he's surrounded by a bunch of clean nice guys that do not know how to handle it. All I can think of is our former player Begin, Laraque, and Kostopoulos dropping the gloves when there's a faceoff but rarely do it when it's more important and far more dangerous during a scrum.

All in all we're always on the disadvantage during things like these and it's gonna get worse during the series. To change that, the Habs should go into this with a strategy how to do it. But more importantly go at it in mind to hurt the other team and be the agressor. And i'm not saying go nuts but be the one that starts it and make sure your back is protected. The problem is most of our guys think these scrums are just pushing and shoving that won't last long but no you have to think this is war and scrums are a good opportunity to send messages and hurt your opponant. Bruins are bullies, this is second nature for them. If Julien wasn't there they would beat other teams senseless, especially the Habs. I know we do not have the players for it, but it's time we do something about it, be mean, be dirty.

Also these things would be a perfect way for BGL to connect. Of course the Bruins' players see him coming from a mile away but if you have Lapierre REALLY annoying guys and you have him be on a line with Laraque, some Bruins' big guys won't have a choice to get involved. But more importantly, BGL should stop thinking about fairplay and make sure he attack somebody. Chara did not have to think about if Komi was already incompassitated, stuck in a corner on the last game of the season, he literaly jumped him.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:28 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Komisarek is not going to fight. It just makes no sense. With Markov out we NEED him...The last time he faught, he messed up his shoulder. Under no circumstance can we risk that again. I don't care what some retard fans of other teams say about him being a pansy. They can say whatever they want...It's obvious that many of them have no clear understanding of the game of hockey anyways.

waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Komisarek is not going to fight. It just makes no sense. With Markov out we NEED him...The last time he faught, he messed up his shoulder. Under no circumstance can we risk that again. I don't care what some retard fans of other teams say about him being a pansy. They can say whatever they want...It's obvious that many of them have no clear understanding of the game of hockey anyways.
We shoud also stop pretending that he doesn't fight 'cause he's so important. Did he already once proved that he has the technique to be a fighter? Which big guys did he take down in his career so far?

Komi fight cards:

Roy
Purinton
Handzus
Grand-Pierre
Brashear
Godard
Janik
Winchester
Neil
Hartnell
Witt
Walker
Campbell
Dubinsky
Lucic

In most fights, he was wrestling his players down. Won some, lose some but he never actually showed anything as far as punching guys, balance and so on. And most guys out there aren't your great fighters either. Now I'm also not saying that Lucic goes after the big fighters, 'cause he's not and when he does, well it doesn't win them all. Still Lucic looks better in most of them.

If you look at Komi's best win on hockeyfights it's against Godard, a tough guy.....who never dropped his gloves and his stick.

So sure, he's important to the team. But he's no fighter as well. I don't know why people can't see this. Komisarek wants to defend his teamates but it's not in him to fight. He doesn't know how. I really thought that it wasn't too difficult to see.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote