HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tyutin

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Sundried TOmato

vCash: 500
Tyutin

I followed Tyutin when he was a wee lad in Russia, and really liked his game. Now I am back in Canada, I don't get a chance to see him much. I'd appreciate an update on Fedor - his development, attitude, and all that stuff.

Old
03-19-2004, 11:33 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundried TOmato
I followed Tyutin when he was a wee lad in Russia, and really liked his game. Now I am back in Canada, I don't get a chance to see him much. I'd appreciate an update on Fedor - his development, attitude, and all that stuff.
FWIW hes been probably our best defenseman since leetch was traded

he rarely makes mistakes and has shown he is more then capable of being a good player in this league.. hes been given major ice time and really is looked at as our #2 right now and has flourished, recently with his added PP time, he seems to have gotten a bit more confident and is now pinching to the net a lot more, as a result he has a goal in each of his last two games.. while he hasnt been overly physical he has held his own.. on the offensive side of things theres really nothing bad that you can say about it now, he knows where to be and where to go and when to pinch, has a deceptively good low shot and his passes are crisp.. he isn't overly skilled but his smarts surely enhance his skill which is why i personally believe he shouldnt be given a cieling just yet... anyway his defensive game has been good but there are some minor things that still need some work.. he could be a little more aggressive in front of the net, he takes the body but needs to clear the crease a bit more... his positioning is sound, he might be overly aggressive blocking shots which leads to odd man rushes as he is down and out.. as far as his attitude, there are no complaints.. hes said the right things, played hard and has shown he wants to improve... we are fortunate not to have ruined this young player because he is damn good

not many 20 year olds playing 20 minutes a game including pp and pk time, and flourishing with it

Last edited by in the hall: 03-19-2004 at 11:36 AM.
Old
03-19-2004, 01:59 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
exactly. hes looking great right now. good in his end, and great on offense. his shot is hard and low and 95% of the time gets through to the net. pinches a lot without making bad plays, and as in the hall said, hes pinched in and scored 2. one was a 3 on 5 PK goal....thats pretty special

Old
03-19-2004, 02:00 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall
not many 20 year olds playing 20 minutes a game including pp and pk time, and flourishing with it
And he definitely has.

Good post, explains him really well. I'm just really impressed with how composed he's looked since his first game, it seems like he can handle any kind of situation. It's too bad we could have had him up here sooner.

I notice he doesn't mind getting into all the scrums, every time there is one it's like he's right in the middle lol. Just makes me laugh a little bit lol.

Old
03-19-2004, 03:15 PM
CrookedRain

By far the best defensman for the Rangers right now. That's not exactly saying much, but I'm pretty sure the guy is a 1-2 defensman on any team a year or two from now. Very smart, physical when he has to be, can skate and has a great shot.

Above all, he seems to play hard and with heart.

Old
03-19-2004, 03:17 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
It's too bad we could have had him up here sooner.
But thats the reason why he is playing so well, we actually left him alone to get trained properly for the Pro game. Anyone disagree???

Old
03-19-2004, 03:25 PM
NYR2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
But thats the reason why he is playing so well, we actually left him alone to get trained properly for the Pro game. Anyone disagree???
Well, if he didn't get hurt the same exact night, same exact injury as de Vries, they say he would have been up in January. I just remember hearing JD talk about way before January how Fedor was ready to play in the NHL.

But I definitely agree, it probably was best for him to play in Hartford and get more ice time than he would have if he was up from the start of the season. And especially since the Pack is such a good team it was a good experience for him. Good thing he's going back soon so he can end this season on a good note.

Old
03-19-2004, 03:42 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR2
And especially since the Pack is such a good team it was a good experience for him. Good thing he's going back soon so he can end this season on a good note.
It'll be beneficial for him to get playoff icetime, even if it's in the "A".

Old
03-19-2004, 04:09 PM
NYR2

Absolutely. Even though it's something he won't see here for a few more years.

Closed Thread