HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Phoenix-Tampa Draft Pick Trade?

Old
04-22-2009, 08:15 PM
HockeyAndTheSox
Let's Go Pens&Yotes!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
No way does tha get you the #2 overall pick (Hedman) and the Yotes are taking Malone's contract.

The Lightning need Hedman, they are NOT dealing that pick. With true #1 dmen being so scarce why one earth would the Bolts pass up on one who could be a generational talent.

The Yotes would really have to pay a price for that #2 pick.
Did you even read what I said... Thats not MY proposal... I honestly don't believe thats near enough for Hedman. Someone earlier said
Mueller + 6th overall for 2nd overall + Malone? That may not even be enough.

I'd be interested to see more offers and less people becoming defensive because the original proposal sucks, which it does.

Here's one that i probably get flack for proposing:

TBL:
Malone
2nd Overall (assuming Tavares was drafted 1st overall)
Vrbata's rights

PHX:
Mueller
6th Overall
Lisin's rights
Hale

------

Another alternative is to send you guys Jonas Ahnelov instead of Lisin's rights.. he made the roster out of camp but got injured in the last preseason game.

HockeyAndTheSox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:06 PM
indczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pensteel71 View Post
Did you even read what I said... Thats not MY proposal... I honestly don't believe thats near enough for Hedman. Someone earlier said

I'd be interested to see more offers and less people becoming defensive because the original proposal sucks, which it does.

TBL:
Malone
Vrbata's rights

PHX:
Mueller
6th Overall
Lisin's rights
Hale

------

Another alternative is to send you guys Jonas Ahnelov instead of Lisin's rights.. he made the roster out of camp but got injured in the last preseason game.
I want nothing to do with Malone. He's signed for way too long for to long, and I just don't care what his intangibles are, it doesn't justify what hes paid. 4.25 mil is too much for a 2nd line player. I have the same problem with Fisher. It just doesn't fit our financial picture.

I could see trading mueller and the 6th for Hedman as the bulk of the trade without cluttering up the trade with rights swapping or ugly contracts, but, I suspect that tampa would be looking for a defenseman. If thats what they want, then we probably arent good trading partners.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:08 PM
k1llua

Send a message via AIM to k1llua
Quote:
Originally Posted by pensteel71 View Post

TBL:
Malone
Vrbata's rights

PHX:
Mueller
6th Overall
Lisin's rights
Hale

------

No thanks on Vrbata. We've already started a habit acquiring players who are horrible down the stretch, why would we start re-acquiring those players who are horrible down the stretch for twice the salary.

k1llua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:33 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I agree with the above posters. I might think about Mueller and the sixth for the second, but why add all the extras?

rt is offline   Reply With Quote