HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Habs lose 4-2, down 0-3.

Old
04-20-2009, 08:53 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk-Illusion View Post
Price needed to be better than Thomas for us to have a chance to win, he got outplayed every game in the series.

You can defend him all you want, but at the end of the day he wasn't good enough.
One of the worst goalies of the regular season wasn't good enough to outplay one of the best?

Stop the presses.

Maybe if we could get some offense, some goal support, give him a reason to be confident instead of having him think he has to pitch a shutout every game for us to stand a chance, he would play better.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zx81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab73 View Post
What dissapointing effort by our Habs. Its gonna be long and intresting summer. Imgonna cry, rebuilding just continues....hopefully with new GM
I don't think it will be that interesting.
and I think next season will be a nightmare.
They will finish 14th or 15th.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
not that

plek, tit brothers, hammerhead,

that is his fault.

and breeze by.
Plekanec had a 69 point season last year, and the Kostitsyn had really good rookie seasons, not to mention that Hamrlik gave the team a really solid 2nd pairing in D. Could you honestly have predicted in summer of 2008 that all of these players would underachieve during the centennial season? Gainey had absolutely no reason to get rid of them, and if he did at that time, what do you think the city would think?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Koivu being interviewed trying to be positive, but pretty much exuding "We're ****ed"....

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Galchy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightyseven View Post
Gainey should try to move up in draft and get Duchene. I really think he's going to be a franchise player....another Sakic if you will.
Colorado ain't gonna give him up easily.

Galchy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Shred

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
If they are medicore, what the hell are we???

Cow crap!
We are an average 8th place team with Markov, and not far above cow crap without him. Boston aren't any better than they were last year and I'll take any team in the West (I don't mean Colombus but whoever actually wins the West), Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, New Jersey to beat them in the East.

Anyway that was the weekly news with guest star Captain Obvious.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
John Locke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo316 View Post
Yaa, I tend to use We and Us when I talk about the Habs, I know it's kinda stupid but I'm used to.

Also you're John Locke, can't you like resurrect or something?
Just kidding around, but yes, technically I can be resurrected --- at the Island's will.

John Locke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LastRide

I'm sure you guys heard the saying "you can't polish a turd". There are so many garbage players on the Habs. Its going to take a miracle to straighten out this mess next year. Bob Gainey needs to leave. Thats the first step.

LastRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 08:55 PM
Thorn

Price is not to blame for that loss, where the hell was the coverage on Ryder.

In the end we just had way more injuries to key players than they did (what was wrong with Tanguay?). Do any of you think that the Bruins would be doing so well with similar injuries, they wouldn't.

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PyrettaBlaze*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2009 View Post
omfg I am so pissed...we are driving up to Montreal from Halifax 12 hours to get there to go to the game...oh how nice is this? cant not go cause we spent all the money on the tickets already and got our van rental and paid for a hotel....Is there any chance in hell we can come back? ugh I feel like crying!!!!!
Wow, I really feel for you. You should sell your tickets to scalpers, and enjoy a nice night on the town instead!

PyrettaBlaze* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan2009 View Post
omfg I am so pissed...we are driving up to Montreal from Halifax 12 hours to get there to go to the game...oh how nice is this? cant not go cause we spent all the money on the tickets already and got our van rental and paid for a hotel....Is there any chance in hell we can come back? ugh I feel like crying!!!!!
can't sell the tickets online or get your deposits back? I would do anything to not go.. GL

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Locke View Post
Just kidding around, but yes, technically I can be resurrected --- at the Island's will.
Ah Lost... I still have you for another month.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 08:56 PM
8b

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Why people put this squarely on Price's shoulders absolutely boggles my mind when his own players are coughing up pucks to the Bruins and not checking in their own end making goals happen in their zone because of it.

Once again we lost, but it really could have been worse than it was.

We had 1 shot on net in the 3rd almost 3/4 of the way in...is that Price's fault too???

Wake up and blame the lack of offense and poor defense that has been here all year, even before Price's injury and down turn in the season.

You're right, it is not Jim Carey Price's fault, it is Bob's fault of letting him play. And I don't blame him for this particular game, just for his whole NHL career. Halak is better, everyone knows but Bob...

8b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
I'm sure you guys heard the saying "you can't polish a turd". There are so many garbage players on the Habs. Its going to take a miracle to straighten out this mess next year. Bob Gainey needs to leave. Thats the first step.
Im 99% confident that Gainey will either quit or get fired. With how everything is going, how everything is being sad, how Gainey acts... you just know hes gone.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

PJ Stock..."another tough year for Montreal Canadiens fans"....try and hide the smirk, *******.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 08:57 PM
eightyseven

I think Bob Gainey puts too much faith in these players. He thinks they will go out and play hard. Some of them need a fire lit under their a**. Some of them won't even take hits to make a play. Why play the game if they specialize in pond hockey?

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hermamoud

At this point, I wouldn't even dress Markov for the 4th game. I'd rather have him ready for next year than play injured in a lost cause and risk aggravating his injury. The last thing the Canadiens need would be to miss Markov a bit like Pittsburgh missed Gonchar.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shred

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRide View Post
Of course without so many injuries to key players popping out in the last 2-3 weeks we wouldn't be playing all these garbage players, whoever exactly you are referring to, right now. And careful what you say, looks to me like the Bruins are the proof that you can actually polish a turd. Add underachieving lazy bum Michael Ryder and fallen prospect Blake Wheeler and voila a first place team? Let's take bets on how long till that one starts smelling.

Shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Africa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
Im 99% confident that Gainey will either quit or get fired. With how everything is going, how everything is being sad, how Gainey acts... you just know hes gone.
I don't think Gainey would leave the team during bad times.

Africa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 08:58 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
Plekanec had a 69 point season last year, and the Kostitsyn had really good rookie seasons, not to mention that Hamrlik gave the team a really solid 2nd pairing in D. Could you honestly have predicted in summer of 2008 that all of these players would underachieve during the centennial season? Gainey had absolutely no reason to get rid of them, and if he did at that time, what do you think the city would think?
if he used them to trade to get a superstar??

i bet the fans would have loved it....

but, pleks in the playoffs, last year sucked, so he did not have a complete great year

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 08:58 PM
eightyseven

Who cares about PJ Stock. He'll cry once the Bruins get eliminated 2nd round by the Devils or whoever they play. I still don't know how this guy has a job.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
Thank god this pathetic season will hopefully end Wednesday night...can't wait.
It has already ended for me.......I have no intention on watching Wednesday night.

My attention will be diverted to other worthwhile things....Don't be a slave to this stuff. You have to learn to move on, they can lose without you....if not Wednesday, then back in Boston.

4 games 5 games whats the difference really?

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
ti-vite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackattack View Post
A bright spot:

Yannick Webber: 1g 1a ... not bad for a 20 year old kid.

Pleckanec -3, Komi -2, Hammer -3... talk about going from heros to zeros
The support players have been atrocius, those who were needed to step up.

Latendresse now has 1 pt in 11 playoff games, he does not look at his place at these pace of games.

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Brisk-Illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
One of the worst goalies of the regular season wasn't good enough to outplay one of the best?

Stop the presses.

Maybe if we could get some offense, some goal support, give him a reason to be confident instead of having him think he has to pitch a shutout every game for us to stand a chance, he would play better.
After 2 games, he had a .875 sv. % and a 4.80 gaa.

I blame Gainey for not giving Halak a chance much more than I blame Price for losing game 3.

Fact remains than when he needed to make the big save to keep us in the game, he couldn't pull it off.

Brisk-Illusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Bermy

We got beat by a better team. It happens. To be honest, I'm not that upset

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote