HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I hate our crowd

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Philanthropist

vCash: 500
I was at the game and the majority of the crowd was chanting go-habs-go. Way to make an issue out of nothing.

Old
04-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey24 View Post
if the chanting was to drown out the boos then I have less of a problem with it, I just think that it shouldn't have been booed in the first place, and I know many of you agree. I think if there wasn't any booing (or it wasn't loud enough to need to drown out) but they were still chanting anyways then i'd have a problem with it
A lot of people don't agree with how the crowd conduct themselves. We hate when we boo our ex-players, we hate when they boo after 3 seconds of unsuceesful PP's, we hate when they boo our players or when they laughed at our players, this Habs crowd is not the best by far. The loudest when we're happy, probably. But what makes a great crowd is more than that.

Thing is, this building has been sellout for as long as I can remember. Those fans are the ones responsible for the owner to be able to spend more than a lot of team when there was no cap, and the possibility to reach the cap in this new NHL. So how stupid as they can be, how classless as they can, their presence gives the opportunity to this team to be as great as they can be. Now if the management can't deliver, that's another story.

But they are doing the best they can to support the team. With the ups and downs of a tired and an angry crowd could bring.

Still this is getting old. We keep blasting the crowd for booing, we blast the crowd for cheering, we blast the crowd for signing, at one point, it has to stop. Let's acknowledge that it might not be the brightest bunch (P.S. By the way, I include myself in it, those I will never boo an anthem, I've been there 7 times this year and might not have conducted myself always the right way.....but never to a point of being disrespectful though) and move on.

P.S. By the way, I include myself in it, those I will never boo an anthem, I've been there 7 times this year and might not have conducted myself always the right way.....but never to a point of being disrespectful though.

Old
04-20-2009, 11:39 PM
holyhabs

it sucks that the people that boo dont really care and probably think its funny

while the rest of us are embarassed and have to deal with defending ourselves from being generalized for something we didnt do

Old
04-20-2009, 11:40 PM
usernam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimeHockey24 View Post
if the chanting was to drown out the boos then I have less of a problem with it, I just think that it shouldn't have been booed in the first place, and I know many of you agree. I think if there wasn't any booing (or it wasn't loud enough to need to drown out) but they were still chanting anyways then i'd have a problem with it
I understand you are concerned and everything, but be assured that a very small minority was booing and everyone else was chanting for the sole reason of covering the boos. It's obviously a shame that some people are doing it...

Old
04-20-2009, 11:49 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

I can't stand 50% of the Bell Center crowd, most of them don't know crap about the sport or the team. All they know is getting drunk on $9 Molson Ex and acting like idiots. Anybody trying to deflect attention from, justify, or downplay what happened tonight is most likely one those idiots that this thread addresses.

Last edited by Claimed Off Waivers: 04-20-2009 at 11:54 PM.
Old
04-21-2009, 12:00 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAbbott View Post
I was at the game and the majority of the crowd was chanting go-habs-go. Way to make an issue out of nothing.
THANK YOU! now will everyone just get over it. Crowd was great tonight until the 3rd period smack-forehead fest.

and for all those who have season tickets and hate our crowd, I will gladly buy them from you.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Corey

I don't attend as many games as I used to. The vibes from the present generation of partisans are tough on the nervous system. Then again, I didn't enjoy my most recent visits to the arenas of the Rangers, Bruins, or Flyers. I just sat there quietly and hoped I wouldn't be spattered with beer.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:06 AM
ari1160

boooing US anthem was just wrong, disrespectful ... dont the ppl know who ever booooed US anthem that few of our players are from US?? booin US anthem !!! pure joke.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Do Make Say Think
d00 da Bieber

I find it very funny that people are trying to defend booing a National Anthem. Booing a National Anthem, except during a war or something very grave, is pathetic, no matter how or when.
If you don't get that, that's ok. It just means you lack class and don't understand something simple like respect. Not everyone can have those I guess.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:10 AM
#2eddieshore

anyone else at the game notice that someone threw a puck on the ice towards the end of the game?

the game actually finished with 2 pucks on the ice!

also,

people were throwing things onto the ice and Habs bench. one plastic water bottle hit Plekanec on the helmet whilst he was on the bench and another landed at his feet when he was on the ice. i dont think they were aiming specifically at him though.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:14 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kostopoulos View Post
They werent booing the USA, they were booing Boston, ****.
Nonsense. Booing a countries national anthem is an incredibly classless thing to do.

If Bruins fans were booing the Canadian national anthem i would be offended and appalled. To act like its okay to do that is just as bad as doing it yourself.

Show some class.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:14 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
anyone else at the game notice that someone threw a puck on the ice towards the end of the game?

the game actually finished with 2 pucks on the ice!

also,

people were throwing things onto the ice and Habs bench. one plastic water bottle hit Plekanec on the helmet whilst he was on the bench and another landed at his feet when he was on the ice. i dont think they were aiming specifically at him though.
OMG....we've finally found the solution. He's going to break out...just watch!

to the above posters who still think anybody is defending booing an anthem...NO ONE IS...recap?
- some idiots were
- other people tried to drown it out with go habs go
- stop with the USA and maybe the idiots wont do it (nah...both will keep happening)

Old
04-21-2009, 12:16 AM
King City Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles View Post
wow, big deal, booing a national anthem
Well clearly a bigger deal to some than yourself, but it is pretty embarassing most would think and say. You can boo the players if you want, on either team, but the anthem is off limits I would say.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Nonsense. Booing a countries national anthem is an incredibly classless thing to do.

If Bruins fans were booing the Canadian national anthem i would be offended and appalled. To act like its okay to do that is just as bad as doing it yourself.

Show some class.
98% of everybody in this thread is saying the same thing. Still some people keeps coming back as if most people didn't mind it.

We do, it's classless.

Old
habtastic

I cannot believe this bs story and ensuing shhit storm was NOT generated by the "french media" (for once)

Old
04-21-2009, 12:23 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Because you guys are perfect human specimens that can do no wrong!

Seriously, don't take it personally. They were booing your team, not your country. I bet a lot of these people were wearing a Komisarek or Higgins jersey which just proves my point. Don't go losing sleep over it now..
See here's the thing - I DO take it personally. Having served almost nine years in the US Navy, I take a deep pride in my country, and hearing the anthem of my country getting booed royally pisses me off. If you want to boo my team, then boo when they're introduced, or when they take the ice. But don't boo the anthem of my country then condescendingly tell me not to take it personally.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:24 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by #2eddieshore View Post
If I'm a player agent and my client has two even remotely comparable offers on the table as a free agent, one from Montreal and one from any of the other 29 teams in the league, there's no question in my mind, I urge him to take the other offer.

It really, truly, honestly makes me sad to say that. But it's the god's honest truth. Why would anybody willingly want to come and play here if they had ANY other offer? The self importance of the fan base and the media that covers the team has totally ruined the prospects for this franchises future. And that is so, so sad.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:27 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadLooch View Post
See here's the thing - I DO take it personally. Having served almost nine years in the US Navy, I take a deep pride in my country, and hearing the anthem of my country getting booed royally pisses me off. If you want to boo my team, then boo when they're introduced, or when they take the ice. But don't boo the anthem of my country then condescendingly tell me not to take it personally.
I wasn't there, and certainly wouldn't have had anything to do with the idiotic behavior of the so-called fans that were there, but nonetheless, as a Canadian to you, an American, I would like to apologize for their ignorance, arrogance and lack of class.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
The self importance of the fan base and the media that covers the team has totally ruined the prospects for this franchises future. And that is so, so sad.
Your are right, it really would not surprise me to see the Leafs, Bruins, and Sens win a few cups before we get number 25. There are some dark days ahead.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
And I do take it personnaly when I hear USA USA chants when we are in a time when US and Canadians are getting killed daily and I do take personnaly when Canada is being laughed at throughout the US while our boys and girls are dedicated their lives and dying in the process by working together with the US.

So I take it also personnaly. Doesn't make the booing any better, it's still stupid and classless. But it should be towards the ones who did it. Not the ones who tried to cover it or not the ones in this thread, most people, that are disagreeing with it. But as far as a class lesson, I don't think that Americans and Canadians could give a lesson to the other country about it. Still, I do have the intelligence of knowing that it's not because some Americans keeps laughing at our country that it makes all Americans classless....

Old
04-21-2009, 12:35 AM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 50
Quote:
sorry.

when Sportscentre on TSN comes up, and the first thing it highlights at the top of the hour is the anthem and you can clearly hear the boos..and i mean clearly, there's an issue there.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Ference the Finger
Ference is my binky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
How so? Clearly by doing either one, you're bringing politics into something that is not.

You know what's disrecpectful though? It's people trying to generalize that all Habs fans are disrespectful and that we shouldn't bring politics in the game while in the meantime, Americans, Canadians and Québécois together are at this moment being killed to work towards reaching the same goal. Add to that the fact that at one point, the Québécois hated Bush and his government while Obama in here is almost portrayed as a god, and you would understand that it's not political.

It shouldn't happen, it's not right, but I will not be ashamed to be a Habs fan 'cause most if not everybody in this board didn't like it, 'cause most Habs fans in the Bell Centre didn't boo and 'cause most people watching TV surely didn't like it either. The ones that are stupid and should be ashamed are the ones that did it, and nobody else should take the responsability of it but themselves.
QFT (well except for the political piece)

I especially want to agree that not all Habs fans should be painted with a broad bunch. I saw one poster talk about the "Majority of fans booing" or something like that, and wanted to post something very much like this. We shouldn't let a few rotton apples spoil the whole barrel - but that doesn't change the fact that those few are still rotton.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
Quote:
The crowd was pretty horrible where Harry and I were sitting.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Garo

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
sorry.

when Sportscentre on TSN comes up, and the first thing it highlights at the top of the hour is the anthem and you can clearly hear the boos..and i mean clearly, there's an issue there.
Yep, the beer's cost is still too low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choate51 View Post
You are WRONG, I am a Bruins fan but I am a full blooded mid-western Hoosier, (Indiana).
Wait... A Boston fan in Indiana? Eh, now I've seen it all.

Last edited by Garo: 04-21-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old
04-21-2009, 12:43 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Ok, well, since you're ignoring what has been said about most people not booing and not condoning it (please read this thread carefully), then all we can say is, sorry you took it personally, please don't kill any canadians. i still think the U-S-A thing pisses me off. do you do that? if so, then quite the hypocrite. If not, then why don't you go tell those people to shut up since apparently it's our job to stop every single person form doing it at the BC.

you think we're not proud of our country? just cuz you served in the military (and I have to say...nas84s point is very political but kinda gives a good picture of how and why your country has drastically changed in the past 6 months), doesn't make you more entitled to be offended although obviously you are more sensitive, but yeah...since it affects you that much, it's probably best you don't watch pro sports when Canada and the US play, cuz this kind of stuff happens fairly often (not just bruins-habs) even though it's stupid.

Just wondering, since you're a patriot, which would you hate more?:
1) a minority of fans booing the Bruins during the American national anthem (while being drowned out by the rest of the crowd trying to correct it)
2) the Bush administration's complete abolition of respect for your country during his tenure
3) Bruins losing this series (i.e. a miracle)
4) Obama's dog not being named Looch the pooch

Closed Thread