HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

What pisses me off the most?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2009, 08:47 PM
  #1
TomPlex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
What pisses me off the most?

You know what pisses me off the most? The fact that 95% of the analysts are getting their prediction dead on for the WRONG reasons.

This series was entirely winnable IF we were coached well and didn't fall into THEIR game plan and if we had our players healthy. Tonight's game would've been ours with Tanguay and Schneider in the lineup. FFS, those PPs were a DISGRACE. And you saw how Koivu's line was really clicking at times. I can only imagine what they would've looked like with Tanguay on it.

The series would've definitely gone to 6 or 7 games, but it was ENTIRELY winnable. Thinking anything else is utterly ridiculous at this point based on the performance we were able to put up tonight (for the most part) and on Thursday.

Whatever, I'm glad this farce of a season is over. Close the books. Clean some **** up. We'll start fresh next year.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 08:49 PM
  #2
Mise en echec
Nothin' but mammals
 
Mise en echec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 313
vCash: 500
Yeah, our injuries are what keep Don Cherry's ego so high.

Injuries

Mise en echec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 08:51 PM
  #3
TomPlex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mise en echec View Post
Yeah, our injuries are what keep Don Cherry's ego so high.

Injuries
I don't get it? By predictions I meant of the series outcome...

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 08:56 PM
  #4
transitguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
How we can't get the puck out of our end and how we get outworked it seems every game in the third period (and a lot of times in the second and the first).

transitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:10 PM
  #5
Bermy
Registered User
 
Bermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Country: Bermuda
Posts: 2,462
vCash: 500
What pisses me off the most?

Grabovski!!!!!!!

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:17 PM
  #6
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,326
vCash: 500
I don't know if we would've won without the injuries but we had no chance with them. I think it would've been a good series at least.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:19 PM
  #7
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,209
vCash: 500
Ya have to agree. No one will care that we were missing our best players. All they'll see is that Boston>>>Montreal. And whatever, Boston won, injuries happen, sucks for us (still hoping for a miracle at the bottom of my heart, but not putting too much stock in it), but from that one game vs Toronto, where we hammered them and were at our peak...our whole season took the final dive. Markov gone for an unnecessary and harmless looking play and then it's curtains. That is what pisses me off the most. Don't know the stats on a 0-3 comeback, but hey here's hoping those injured players who they keep showing us skating around (for a reason that eludes me) will ALL be back for game 4 and we will go 4 straight. So pissed at the effort in that last period. Even Saku was nonexistant and usually you see more from him.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:28 PM
  #8
Savynquick*
registered user
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,524
vCash: 500
I don't want to minimize your injuries because I know they are very significant. I just want to point out that in Sturm/Ference/Hunwick/Lucic you had:

LW#2, LW#2 on PP
D#3, D#3 on PP
D#4, D#2 on PP
LW#1-2-3 (depending on Julien)

That's 4 pretty key players. But I do admit that your PP would be worlds better with Markov.

Savynquick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:29 PM
  #9
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
I just hope the Habs fix their problems this summer. I've been pissed of since X-mas...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:31 PM
  #10
Chet-Nick
Registered User
 
Chet-Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Serbia
Posts: 477
vCash: 500
What irks me is how some fans decided to boo Price prior to the game. Along with a jeer, after a routine save, moments Kessel scored on a nifty deflection.

If you honestly believe Price is to blame. You're either grasping at straws or not a real fan (of hockey or the Canadiens).

Injuries, a number of slumping players and shabby defensive play are the reasons the 2008-09 Montreal Canadiens didn't meet the hype of this year.

Chet-Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:36 PM
  #11
Steveorama
Registered User
 
Steveorama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Mississauga, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,665
vCash: 500
You know what pisses Mats Sundin off the most?
That he did not end up on a contender like Montreal!
All kidding aside, if you had all your team healthy, this would be a very close series. Les Canadiens are still a very good team...key injuries will cripple any team in today's league of parity. Ask the Canucks last year.
Stay healthy next year and the Habs will be a top 8 team in the East again, in my opinion.

Steveorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:38 PM
  #12
smon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,982
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belso View Post
I just hope the Habs fix their problems this summer. I've been pissed of since X-mas...
Yes, I know it's been coming since then but like all Habs fans was hoping otherwise. Mediocrity as usual.

Man, it's been a rough decade for Canadian teams.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:42 PM
  #13
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,201
vCash: 500
Yeah it's the coachs fault our players forget how to make a stick to stick pass, how they give zero effort and cower when anyone tries to hit them.

I guess the coaches have been secretly tying habs up in their basements and beating them with a stick.

The coachs have broken these warriors will power!

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 09:54 PM
  #14
Duff88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
What pisses me off the most is the amount of over-emotive, yellow fans who invade this place when the team loses and who point fingers at everyone without providing any realistic solutions. I understand when it happens anywhere else in public, but this place used to be filled with coherent, educated fans, it's a shame to see all these reactions from the posters here.

It's so easy to blame people when you are sitting at home doing nothing. It's so easy to criticize everything without saying how to fix the problems. Most of all, it's so easy to turn the people you considered to be heroes into zeros and not having to answer for it. I think some people would find a way to run Sidney Crosby out of town if he played for this team.

It's about time I start a slow withdrawal from the boards, it's becomed even more frustrating then watching the actual games...

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 10:03 PM
  #15
TomPlex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,122
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yeah it's the coachs fault our players forget how to make a stick to stick pass, how they give zero effort and cower when anyone tries to hit them.

I guess the coaches have been secretly tying habs up in their basements and beating them with a stick.

The coachs have broken these warriors will power!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post
What pisses me off the most is the amount of over-emotive, yellow fans who invade this place when the team loses and who point fingers at everyone without providing any realistic solutions. I understand when it happens anywhere else in public, but this place used to be filled with coherent, educated fans, it's a shame to see all these reactions from the posters here.

It's so easy to blame people when you are sitting at home doing nothing. It's so easy to criticize everything without saying how to fix the problems. Most of all, it's so easy to turn the people you considered to be heroes into zeros and not having to answer for it. I think some people would find a way to run Sidney Crosby out of town if he played for this team.

It's about time I start a slow withdrawal from the boards, it's becomed even more frustrating then watching the actual games...
Let it be known that bad bad coaching I meant only with respect to Laraque being on the first line in the first two games when we really needed the line that got us INTO the playoffs to score a few. 38 points in 6 games is nothing to laugh at.

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 10:28 PM
  #16
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bermy View Post
What pisses me off the most?

Grabovski!!!!!!!
If you mean that Krusty Krabovski got away with injuring our top player? I agree

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 10:30 PM
  #17
JrHockeyFan
Registered User
 
JrHockeyFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet-Nick View Post
What irks me is how some fans decided to boo Price prior to the game. Along with a jeer, after a routine save, moments Kessel scored on a nifty deflection.

If you honestly believe Price is to blame. You're either grasping at straws or not a real fan (of hockey or the Canadiens).

Injuries, a number of slumping players and shabby defensive play are the reasons the 2008-09 Montreal Canadiens didn't meet the hype of this year.
You'd think at the very least Price could score a goal or two to make up for some of the losses he single handedly created

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 10:31 PM
  #18
WeThreeKings
Registered User
 
WeThreeKings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,305
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Stupid fans piss me off.

Booing Price at the beginning of the game. Getting on him for every save.

This team is fragile and so is the goaltender, to show the lack of faith and rationale that they did tonight is completely unacceptable. If Price played bad, let in a lot of goals and it was late and we knew we were done, go ahead, boo him, but to do it before he had a chance to put in his performance is ridiculous.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 10:57 PM
  #19
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,702
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
You know what pisses me off the most? The fact that 95% of the analysts are getting their prediction dead on for the WRONG reasons.

This series was entirely winnable IF we were coached well and didn't fall into THEIR game plan and if we had our players healthy. Tonight's game would've been ours with Tanguay and Schneider in the lineup. FFS, those PPs were a DISGRACE. And you saw how Koivu's line was really clicking at times. I can only imagine what they would've looked like with Tanguay on it.

The series would've definitely gone to 6 or 7 games, but it was ENTIRELY winnable. Thinking anything else is utterly ridiculous at this point based on the performance we were able to put up tonight (for the most part) and on Thursday.

Whatever, I'm glad this farce of a season is over. Close the books. Clean some **** up. We'll start fresh next year.
I don't think it's a given we would have won had Tanguay/Schneider been in our line up tonight.

Please tell me how Julien outcoached Gainey exactly?

We didn't play bad in Game1 or 3. Game 2 we were completely undisciplined and Price wasn't too great. Price has yet to make a huge save when needed.

To me, it comes down to one thing, TALENT. With all our injuries, Bruins have the clear advantage there.
If they had Chara(Markov) and Savard(Lang) out. On top of losing Kessel(Tanguay) and Wideman(Schneider). With a cold Krejci(Plekanec) and Ryder (Kostitsyn), and we had a pretty healthy roster, I'm sure we'd be up 3-0.

It's too bad because had both team been completely healthy, it would have been a much more interesting serie.

It ain't over till it's over, but whenever it does end, I'm excited about all the off season moves that will be done and next year should be a very interesting season.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.