HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The reason we lost...

Old
04-20-2009, 11:35 PM
andreconstantin

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to andreconstantin
The reason we lost...

andreconstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 11:36 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stud View Post
please download photoshop

CrazyShea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
#2eddieshore

open your eyes and get real.

#2eddieshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
gee

WTF is that supposed to be.

worst *** attempt at a photoshop EVER

gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 11:37 PM
Booba
Bouger les pieds

It's hard skating with both feet in the same skate.

Booba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

The reason you won in 2004

The reason you're losing in 2009

This is entirely my opinion, but I think that even aside from the injuries, coaching is a huge difference between Montreal and Boston right now. Boston has one of the best defensive coaches in the league, who proved that he could learn and improve with each coaching stop since he left Montreal, and Carbonneau and Gainey kept me scratching my head all year, especially with the Laraque on the first line madness.

I don't know if Julien takes this Canadiens team deep into the playoffs. I suspect he was trying to have some say in your roster construction to get players that fit his philosophy and that's why he was canned. I do know that they probably put up a better fight for Julien than they did for Carbonneau and Gainey.

And I also know that if Montreal still had Claude, Boston would not, and would probably have instead the assistant coach they lost to be the head coach of the New York Islanders. That's an even bigger differnece than the difference between Claude and Gainey.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 11:46 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post

This is entirely my opinion, but I think that even aside from the injuries, coaching is a huge difference between Montreal and Boston right now. Boston has one of the best defensive coaches in the league, who proved that he could learn and improve with each coaching stop since he left Montreal, and Carbonneau and Gainey kept me scratching my head all year, especially with the Laraque on the first line madness.

I don't know if Julien takes this Canadiens team deep into the playoffs. I suspect he was trying to have some say in your roster construction to get players that fit his philosophy and that's why he was canned. I do know that they probably put up a better fight for Julien than they did for Carbonneau and Gainey.

And I also know that if Montreal still had Claude, Boston would not, and would probably have instead the assistant coach they lost to be the head coach of the New York Islanders. That's an even bigger differnece than the difference between Claude and Gainey.
Whats the reason for us winning last year? Please don't say carbo

Old
04-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Franky Gee

Edmonton Oilers - 2005-2006
Pittsburgh Penguins - 2007-2008

Stanley cup appearance for both these teams.

Laraque played for both in the Playoffs, why are you blaming this guy ? He isn't supposed to be our savior FFS.

Franky Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Donkeyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Well... must be Claude Julien again It was all part of his masterplan. (he also arranged to be fired by the Devils so he could go back to the Northeast div.)

Like, he's a mastermind.

Donkeyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 11:51 PM
habtastic

Quote:

I don't think that's the entire story (to recap my opinion that i've spread quite a bit, w/o injuries we would be completely different) but certainly I think Julien is awesome and is the reason you are winning (not necessarily why we are losing, if you get my meaning).

Reason he was fired - Gainey came in, wanted to instill his new system and coach, but gave Claude a chance. Unforunately Theo and Ribs decided to have abysmal seasons. Only one has recovered from that. I remember when we fired him I was not very happy at all. I did think Carbo would be a good coach and I still don't have a definite opinion of him, but 100% Julien is great and should get the Jack Adams. Oddly enough, I think it was Julien who insisted on playing Theo (who I guess Gainey wasn't a big fan of) the same way Gainey is insisting on Price. I do think Gainey has a valid reason, but it's sort of ironic.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 11:51 PM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkeyz View Post
Well... must be Claude Julien again It was all part of his masterplan.

Like, he's a mastermind.
Not sure of mastermind but he sure is the master of disguise

Old
04-20-2009, 11:52 PM
Spectaculard
Trout125HR363RBI442R

Send a message via MSN to Spectaculard

Spectaculard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2009, 11:55 PM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrychair View Post
that about sums it up...

Old
04-21-2009, 12:01 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Oddly enough, I think it was Julien who insisted on playing Theo (who I guess Gainey wasn't a big fan of) the same way Gainey is insisting on Price. I do think Gainey has a valid reason, but it's sort of ironic.
I thought it was the other way around. Julien was playing Huet instead of Theo and it cost him his job. Weeks later Gainey figured it out that Theo was garbage and traded him.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:02 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
/Thread

/Season

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:03 AM
usernam

You didn't /playoffs ?

usernam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyshea View Post
Easy -- Boston was not quite as undermanned in 2007-2008 as the Canadiens were this year -- but they were undermanned and several key players, including Savard and Chara, were playing through significant performance-affecting injuries (Savard was in severe back pain and Chara had a labrum tear that affected his shot). Also, Bergeron and Kobasew were out of the playoffs entirely, costing the team significant scoring depth in the middle lines. Ward was also gimpy, but then, Ward's always gimpy. Finally, the youngsters were still way too green that year.

Even with all that though they still showed up well for a #8 seed which is a credit to Julien. I still wish they hadn't crapped the bed quite so thoroughly in game 7.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:06 AM
snakeye

Quote:

Sadly true. That lil f.... punk.

snakeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:09 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
I thought it was the other way around. Julien was playing Huet instead of Theo and it cost him his job. Weeks later Gainey figured it out that Theo was garbage and traded him.
Maybe you're right. I just remember Theo slumping BIGGGG time (I recall a rout in vancouver) and Julien defending Theo, but I guess you remember better. For whatever reason, it was definitely them disagreeing over keeping a goalie in over the other. That's pretty funny that this season he fires Carbo (not that he was happy about it or that Carbo=Julien), then gets behind the bench and is like OMG what is this bs. He finally got the team going though. Dammit f'in grabovski...seriously. what is going to happen to him in the next game? If Sergei (if still around) doesn't, right off the faceoff drop the gloves with him and force him to go, i'm going to be so pissed.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

BTW it shouldn't take a Bruins fan to tell you this but you haven't lost. We down in Boston have some experience engineering comebacks and near-comebacks (though not so much in hockey!) and we know just how easy it is for 3-0 to become 3-1 then 3-2 et cetera. It's gotten to the point where we even take a perverse pleasure in falling behind in a playoff series.

Point is, I'm not going to start digging Montreal's grave until I see the corpse, and it's not dead yet.

Old
04-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
if thats the reason we lost, then this team is worst then i thought.

1. Horrible list of injuries
2. tons of BS surrounding the team (media, coaching etc)
3. overacheivement last year which led to:
4. Overload of pressure because of the 100th

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Stud View Post

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:18 AM
Belso

Quote:

I agree 100%. Julien >> Gainey or Carbo...

And yes, the injuries hurt a lot No Markov, Tangauy, Schneider, Lang = Big problems...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Belso

Quote:
I hate you!!! (I mean Grabovski, not you, you...)

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:22 AM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:

That second picture is not from 2009... it's from last season. Look who's sitting on the bench next to Shawn Thornton.

VeddarRants is offline   Reply With Quote