HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

Come set sail on a boat called fail... ECQF Game 4: Devils @ Canes - 21/04/09 - 19h30

Old
04-22-2009, 09:27 PM
canesnecu

vCash: 500
Canes out hit the Devils 40-25 and if that isnt a physical game, I dont know what is. Canes pounded the crap out of the Devils at every turn, and like caner soze said, when they layed back, the devils came right back into the game. Rutu'sRuutu's double blast in the 3rd was the turning point where the canes woke up and went back to doing what was giving them success.

canesnecu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 09:51 PM
NotOpie
HeDidn'tReallyDoThat

Send a message via Yahoo to NotOpie
I vote that Paul Maurice has the entire team read the Devils PGT. What with all the whining, name calling, promises of victory, threats about running Cam Ward, and general Carolina bashing (fans, team, area, attendance, you name it), if that doesn't get us fired up, nothing will....

NotOpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:03 PM
JWINK19
southern Devils fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotOpie View Post
I vote that Paul Maurice has the entire team read the Devils PGT. What with all the whining, name calling, promises of victory, threats about running Cam Ward, and general Carolina bashing (fans, team, area, attendance, you name it), if that doesn't get us fired up, nothing will....

If your team needs a bunch of drunken idiots on a message board to fire them up, then you have a problem. As for the Carolina bashing, that's not going to stop. I told my fellow fans on another board to cut the crap and now they are calling me the forum police.

JWINK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:13 PM
dmonk
doughberle

Send a message via ICQ to dmonk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWINK19 View Post
If your team needs a bunch of drunken idiots on a message board to fire them up, then you have a problem. As for the Carolina bashing, that's not going to stop. I told my fellow fans on another board to cut the crap and now they are calling me the forum police.
What a classy fan base, best in NHL.

Problem however, lies with numbers and mods. The more people you have the more they'll resemble mob fueling worst in each other.

And while mods can control and police mob behavior, they choose not too. Clearly without calling names, NJ board mods are doing poor job and at fault here.

So, have fun the rest of the way.

dmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:29 PM
JWINK19
southern Devils fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmonk View Post
What a classy fan base, best in NHL.

Problem however, lies with numbers and mods. The more people you have the more they'll resemble mob fueling worst in each other.

And while mods can control and police mob behavior, they choose not too. Clearly without calling names, NJ board mods are doing poor job and at fault here.

So, have fun the rest of the way.

I disagree. You would need more mods to cover the ****storm from last night. On nj.com, all you have to do is report somebody's post and it disappears. If enough people report the same poster, he or she is gone for 24 hours. That is impossible here. On the other hand, that board has mods starting crap under fake names to bump hit counts for ad revenue. Thankfully, that does not happen here.

JWINK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:32 PM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Guys....I think we need to open a window and air the testosterone out. We are all fans of the same team...no need to be arguing amongst ourselves like that. Or I will put you in time out.

*slams stick into boards*

Also...I just want to say it in this thread, and not start off the next GDT on this note. Lets keep it classy. Remember who we are and what we are about. Lets not sink down to their level. Lets leave the personal shots at their fans, who players sleep with and whatever other trashy things being brought up to help people deal with their feelings out of the game discussion. We are better than that. I'm not saying we are doing it now...but lets not go down that road. If they want to be classless, let THEM be classless. Don't just do it because they are doing it. Hopefully we only have to deal with them for a little longer - in a good way.

04-22-2009, 10:33 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Yes'm. Ignore list: Engaged.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:34 PM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
Yes'm. Ignore list: Engaged.
Just don't leave the window open too long, its only like 35 degrees up here.

caniacgirl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Originally Posted by caniacgirl12 View Post
Just don't leave the window open too long, its only like 35 degrees up here.
Nah, I just popped in "The Notebook", and i'm well on my way to balancing out the estrogen balance.

Vagrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 10:38 PM
NotOpie
HeDidn'tReallyDoThat

Send a message via Yahoo to NotOpie
Jwink - there are drunken fans on HF Boards??? Who'd a thunk it?

I stand by my comments though.....I'm a die hard Canes fan but somewhat of a rare poster on these boards....As a Canes fan, I have all too often seen this great team come out flat after a big victory....all I'm saying is that what I read on the Devil's board is pure "locker room posting fodder" for any team....do I think this team needs extra motivation, probably not....but yeah, I'll take any advantage that we can get....good luck to you guys on Thursday....I hope to see a hard fought, pedal to the metal game....and may the best team win!!!

NotOpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 11:12 PM
GIN ANTONIC

Just to completely beat this dead horse like a rented mule. I stumbled across this posted in another thread.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=418327

Quote:
Situation Room Blog
Wednesday, 04.22.2009 / 4:43 PM / 2009 Playoffs Conference Quarterfinals
By NHL.com Staff

NHL Sr. Vice President Mike Murphy addresses several topics
04.22.2009 / 4:41 PM ET

On the deciding goal in Game 4 of the New Jersey-Carolina Series:
"Marty (Brodeur of New Jersey) does come out of the net, probably trying to cut down the angle. And (Carolina's Jussi) Jokinen is going to the net. And there's a collision. I would call it incidental contact. And that's what the referee deemed it to be. And the puck went in the net.

"The refs do the best they can to protect the goalies in the blue ice (the goal crease). If they (opposing players) are in the blue ice, the referees are instructed to take care of the goalies, let them do their job. Once they (goalies) step outside the blue, I don't want to say they're fair game, because they're not. But (if) there is contact in the white (ice) and if it's deemed to be accidental, which was the case last night, then that's a good goal.

"Referees get one quick look at this play and have to make a judgment on it. And the people who run our game the owners, the managers and even the players they want the referees to make the calls on the ice and the game to stay on the ice. We want to do as little video review as we can. That's kind of the feeling through all of hockey. And I think it's a healthy one. We're very strict in what we're able to review and we stick to it."

On the role Hockey Operations played in whether there was interference on the goaltender: "Really, no role at all. A lot of people still think we can review that and we can't. So we just step aside."

Interpretation of goalie interference rule: New Jersey at Carolina - 19:59 of the third period

04.21.2009 / 10:34 PM ET

The NHL's goalie interference rule sets a mandate to protect the goalie in the blue ice to let the goalie do his job. In the white ice, it is a more delicate matter, including who moved into whom. The referee has one split-second look at it and it is a judgment call. NHL Hockey Operations has no video review capacity in this instance. Hockey Operations officials agreed with the call on the ice, that it looked like the goalie, Martin Brodeur, moved out toward the skater.

Video Review: New Jersey at Carolina - 19:59 of the third period

04.21.2009 / 10:04 PM ET

Play was reviewed to determine if the shot by Carolina's Jokinen crossed the line before time expired in the third period... the review determined that the puck crossed the line with 00.2 seconds left - good goal for Carolina.

GIN ANTONIC is offline   Reply With Quote