HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Does anyone else think Markov will play in the WC?

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2009, 08:37 AM
nilan30

vCash: 500
Does anyone else think Markov will play in the WC?

I do and if he does, I think he has to be traded. (Unless he needs team permission in which case he definitely better not play) Obviously we are pretty brutal without him but his value is high and I think a good return could be had for him. I think this would only make sense considering, a potential rebuild year next year. I could be biased in that I've never been a huge Markov fan but I do realize how good he is. I realize that this will likely not be a popular opinion and is based on an "if" but I just really want this to be a "team" next year not a collection of individuals of various talent.

Old
04-21-2009, 08:43 AM
CrazyShea

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilan30 View Post
I do and if he does, I think he has to be traded. (Unless he needs team permission in which case he definitely better not play) Obviously we are pretty brutal without him but his value is high and I think a good return could be had for him. I think this would only make sense considering, a potential rebuild year next year. I could be biased in that I've never been a huge Markov fan but I do realize how good he is. I realize that this will likely not be a popular opinion and is based on an "if" but I just really want this to be a "team" next year not a collection of individuals of various talent.
You see how bad we are without him and just because he may want to play in the wc we should trade em lol. If he was healthy to play now he would be playing too bad the team can't hold off the bruins long enough for him to return

Old
04-21-2009, 08:43 AM
Iwishihadacup

so basicly if he gets better in 1 weeks he should not play again with the habs?

I like how you evaluate players

Old
04-21-2009, 08:46 AM
Capitano

Markov is our only real hockey player - Koivu and Kovalev don't count until they sign with us next year.

Old
04-21-2009, 08:50 AM
nilan30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
so basicly if he gets better in 1 weeks he should not play again with the habs?

I like how you evaluate players
Thank you.

If he's not able to play for his employer right now but in a week he plays for some other team, he can stay in Russia for all i care

Old
04-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Newhabfan

So - you question the integrity of Markov, who was the MVP of the team this year. Calling him a faker or worse.

Tanguay, Schneider, Bouillon even Komisarek played through major injuries. I have no doubt Markov would have done exactly the same if possible.

One week can make a lot of difference in an injury like his. If in one week or two he feels capable of playing for his own country I have absolutely no issues with it. Go for it, do your best, try to win it (again) and come back in october with at least this success if your club team could not give you more.

You guys are so obsessed with this american franchise system that you cannot realize how important it is for an athlete to compete for his own country.

Loyalty to country should go way ahead to your loyalty to your employer (cause this is what the habs are after all). I would expect this to be true for Canadian athletes too.

Old
04-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Thank you.

If he's not able to play for his employer right now but in a week he plays for some other team, he can stay in Russia for all i care
Lets dump our MVP because he is injured and was not cleared by the doctors before our team was eliminated.... riiiiiight

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-21-2009 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Play nice.
Old
04-21-2009, 08:57 AM
nilan30

Quote:
Lets dump our MVP because he is injured and was not cleared by the doctors before our team was eliminated.... riiiiiight
Thanks, but I don't know where you saw me write that he should be traded for not playing in this series.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 04-21-2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post.
Old
04-21-2009, 08:58 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

That's what I think of this thread.

Trade Markov and we'll go another 10-15 years without a number one defence, even if you want to rebuild the D you build it around Markov.

He's one of the only centerpieces this team should be built around and who gives a **** if he plays for Russia he's done enough for this team already.

Old
04-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you.

Quote:
Thanks, but I don't know where you saw me write that he should be traded for not playing in this series.

You just did in the opening post and in your last post

thank you, try again

Old
04-21-2009, 09:02 AM
FrankMTL

Markov has not missed very many games the last few years...You don't think he has played through some pain at one point during the last 3 years? If the guy is not playing,especially in the playoffs, that means he's really hurt. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's much better if he plays at the World Championships.

Old
04-21-2009, 09:05 AM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

This thread is stupid from the get go...Montreal Cannot win a single game without the General in the line-up so a poster feels he should be traded because he might play at the world championship out of National Pride.

You don't trade a Markov, you supplement a guy like him...HELLO JAY-BO....Bob pull out 7.5 to 8 million for the stallion.

Old
MathMan

Another Markov-bashing thread.

Yep, we've officially hit rock-bottom.

Old
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Jesus.

Look. Here's some inside info. Markov has a concussion. That's why he isn't playing. He doesn't have some injury where he can play through the pain. The team is not taking chances on him.

waffledave
Old
04-21-2009, 09:06 AM
nilan30

Quote:
You just did in the opening post and in your last post

thank you, try again
No problem and thank you for your input but obvioulsy you missed the part where I said IF he plays for Russia in a week while not playing for Montreal this week, he should be traded. Say he turns his 3 week injury into an 8 month injury during a game in the WC would you not wish he let his leg fully recover? I know injuries can happen any time in hockey but if you are already suffering one or recently had one, why risk it? Because you know you'll get your 5 million next year anyways?

Old
04-21-2009, 09:08 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

looks like a bad troll.

Old
04-21-2009, 09:09 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Jesus.

Look. Here's some inside info. Markov has a concussion. That's why he isn't playing. He doesn't have some injury where he can play through the pain. The team is not taking chances on him.
As they should. Might sound cynical here - but Schneider, Lang and Bouillon, maybe even Tanguay, are probably not going to be back next season - Markov will be our key D for the years to come.

Actually Markov playing for Russia would be really good news for us - would mean his injury is not that serious.

Old
04-21-2009, 09:11 AM
nilan30

Quote:
Jesus.

He did have the look of a concussed player when he got hurt, but I can't really remember, did he hit his head on the play? And I just want to reiterate that I'm not questioning the validity of his injury or his willingness to play.

Old
04-21-2009, 09:14 AM
MathMan

Quote:
He did have the look of a concussed player when he got hurt, but I can't really remember, did he hit his head on the play?
Facefirst into the boards, remember?

Quote:
And I just want to reiterate that I'm not questioning the validity of his injury or his willingness to play.
So exactly why did you want to trade the Habs' best defenseman then?

Old
04-21-2009, 09:17 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Sure let's trade the best player on the team while we are overreacting. Thank god Bob won't make such a mistake.

Old
Tuggy

vCash: 1000

As for them taking it slow with Markov, good. Of course it would of been awesome to have him against Boston, but he is the last player the Habs can take a chance with.

Old
nilan30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
So exactly why did you want to trade the Habs' best defenseman then?
Jeeze I swear people on here have no ability to comprehend an opinion. Are my words too long? Or do you reply after reading the first sentence only?

Old
04-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Jeeze I swear people on here have no ability to comprehend an opinion. Are my words too long? Or do you reply after reading the first sentence only?
You clearly wrote that if he plays in WHC he should be traded... What can't you read?

Old
04-21-2009, 09:22 AM
MathMan

Quote:
I read your entire post. If your logic isn't "Let's trade selfish Markov if he plays for Russia because that means he wasn't hurt enough to play for Montreal, so selfish", then I can't see how you infer anything else from your argument.

Old
04-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Jesus.

Thanks Dave

/thread.

Closed Thread