HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Congratulation JuJu!!

Old
04-21-2009, 12:11 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Congratulation JuJu!!

Im glad for Claude Julien for what he accomplished with the Bruins, this team was going nowhere before he got hired.. He quite changed the face of his team, this guy is an awesome teacher, a great person and he worked very hard to get the success he is having now..

Incredible the number of great coaches we fired.. Vigneault won the Jack Adams 2 years ago, Julien should get it as well this year and Therrien led Pittsburg at the Stanley cup final and now Carbo, wow.. Is it normal to fire coaches like this almost every 2 years? Everytime the boat was sinking, the blame was always on the head coach when in reality this team has been lacking real leadership for years..

Its time to part with Koivu and Kovy, my dream to see Koivu winning the cup as a Habs wont unfortunaly happen, Koivu will never accept to be treated like a player among the bunch since he has been our local hero for years, he isnt getting younger, had some serious afflictions to go through, he doesnt have the energy to handle the rough practices anymore, neither the 82 games calendar.. We need freshers legs that will push each other to fight for their ice time, we need young vets that will push our kids to get better, not vets that will slow down their development, we need a new start..

Im proud the way our guys played so far in playoffs despite the 0-3 deficit, they are working extremmely hard, playing a way better team game, the prob is that Boston make us pay the price on every little mistakes, every little let down.. We are pushing hard having some decent scoring chances but the Bruins always find a way to make us pay the price with some serious scoring opportunity once in a while, thats probably the most frustrating kind of game for a goaltender, your team is the agressor, you havent been tested much but every time you are tested, you are challenged solid..

On the positive, A.Kost get out from his coma yesterday, I thought he was pretty dynamic on the ice, was probably our most dangerous foward, hope he keeps it up for game #4.

I was expecting way more from the third line, especially from Latendresse.. Will have to follow the same skating lessons as Lucic.. Lats gave some nice bodychecks but I thought he was rather soft on the free pucks, its NHL, will have to improve to have success in this league..

The only way I can explain Sergei's play this year is bad conditionning, he looks totally out of shape, weak as hell and no speed, no acceleration, poor first step.. the kid will have to take next summer seriously, he has potential but a bit like Ribeiro used to, he doesnt take his carreer seriously at the moment..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 04-21-2009 at 12:46 PM.
NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:24 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

juju

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:29 PM
Capitano

**** Claude Julien.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Craig71

I love the Habs and I agree with alot of what you have posted, but if we let most of our UFAs walk---Koivu, Kovalev, Komisarek, thats three big holes to fill, given the amount of media scrutiny and craziness and constant pressure that comes with being a Hab, what big name UFA currently playing in a US city is going to leave there and come to Montreal? We get middle of the road UFAs for a reason----The big names pick the best situation for themselves, that is a priviledge gained with being the best players available (Marian Hossa). These players are snapped up first, what is left are guys like Lang, Kovalev, Tanguay etc, these are good players, but only players that can come in and compliment the core of good players you already have, if you expect this 2nd tier of free agents to lead then you can clearly see what happens, they cannot lead and were therefore made expendable and unsigned by their former team. My soloution for Montreal is to re-sign the best of what we have and decide which players can be packaged in a deal to move up in this years draft, possibly top 5, this is the type of player we have been lacking--a potential star, someone who can lead a team, an identifiable player that when you hear his name you think--heart and soul of team.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
**** Claude Julien.
I'm pretty sure I second your emotion.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:37 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

I never liked him. He was a boring cypher with us, playing a boring style. And I don't see the Bruins going far with that trapping style. He's sucking the edge and grit out of the Bruins.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
number 11

if we had one of the best playmakers in the league (savard), one of the hottest goalscorers in the league (kessel), a vezina goalie and a physically dominating complete defenseman like chara, ****ing carbo would look like the best coach in the world.

we barely played .500 hockey with julien as coach here, therrien was even worse, and vigneault had the worst coaching record of all 3.

number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Saint Patrick
2 rings in my hears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
I'm pretty sure I second your emotion.
x3

Saint Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Magic33

When i met him at the all-star game, he was the nicest guy out of anyone there. I'm happy for him, although I hate the bruins so its not like i was rooting for him to do well this series. He is a super nice guy though.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Darz

Ahhh....this is the best.

Just before Julien was fired, everybody here and their dog wanted him fired. Now that he has had some (so far) limited success with another team, and we blame the orginization for letting him go.

When things are going right = coaches get too much credit
When things are going bad = coaches take too much of the blame

04-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
I thought this thread would be about ThaDevilGirl...

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 01:10 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
hahaha

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 01:17 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
if we had one of the best playmakers in the league (savard), one of the hottest goalscorers in the league (kessel), a vezina goalie and a physically dominating complete defenseman like chara, ****ing carbo would look like the best coach in the world.

we barely played .500 hockey with julien as coach here, therrien was even worse, and vigneault had the worst coaching record of all 3.
Thomas is nothing special, he has been beat by some weak shots in that serie, the kind of goals Price would have been crucified for.. The team playing in front of him has been just that amazing all the season long, they are playing absolutely great in unit of 5, working very hard on the little details.. Thomas has actually the kind of team Osgood have in front of him, disciplined, methodic, 3 lines clicking well balanced, extremmely well coached.. Put Price in Bruins net and this team is basically flawless..

Bruins have Chara, we had Markov for basically the entire season..

Julien had the bullets to put Kessel in the pressbox in playoffs last year thinking he wasnt paying the price enough, the result, he exploded and Bruins pushed the serie at the limit despite several key injured players.. Could get Ryder on the right track this year, made Chara play at his full potential, Lucic developed in one of the best PF in the league after only 2 seasons played in the league, Wheeler "the project" found his house, Kreji another kid that blossomed so quickly.. in fact Julien has done with his team what no one could do with ours, getting the best from every players.. For some reasons, our kids didnt develop as expected this year, I think a guy like A.Kost has the potential to become a better player than Kessel, but it didnt happen yet.. Something wrong in MTL thats for sure and its time to put some order in the house!

Old
04-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Hermamoud

I remember Julien played the youngsters like Plekanec, Perezhogin and Higgins around 3 minutes per game, and played his awesome veterans like Sundstrom and Bulis for 15-17 minutes per game. Who can forget Kostitsyn's epic first game in the NHL where he played like 30 seconds?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Etienne

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Thomas is nothing special, he has been beat by some weak shots in that serie, the kind of goals Price would have been crucified for.. The team playing in front of him has been just that amazing all the season long, they are playing absolutely great in unit of 5, working very hard on the little details.. Thomas has actually the kind of team Osgood have in front of him, disciplined, methodic, 3 lines clicking well balanced, extremmely well coached.. Put Price in Bruins net and this team is basically flawless..

Bruins have Chara, we had Markov for basically the entire season..

Julien had the bullets to put Kessel in the pressbox in playoffs last year thinking he wasnt paying the price enough, the result, he exploded and Bruins pushed the serie at the limit despite several key injured players.. Could get Ryder on the right track this year, made Chara play at his full potential, Lucic developed in one of the best PF in the league after only 2 seasons played in the league, Wheeler "the project" found his house, Kreji another kid that blossomed so quickly.. in fact Julien has done with his team what no one could do with ours, getting the best from every players.. For some reasons, our kids didnt develop as expected this year, I think a guy like A.Kost has the potential to become a better player than Kessel, but it didnt happen yet.. Something wrong in MTL thats for sure and its time to put some order in the house!
And who derailed Ryder? That's right, Carbo. Not Gainey, not Koivu, not Kovalev. Carbo and Ryder himself (he was playing like ****. still is imo, he was invisible in the series until he scored a goal my dead grandmother could have scored yesterday night)

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 01:37 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Ahhh....this is the best.

Just before Julien was fired, everybody here and their dog wanted him fired. Now that he has had some (so far) limited success with another team, and we blame the orginization for letting him go.

When things are going right = coaches get too much credit
When things are going bad = coaches take too much of the blame
With all due respect, Im one of the few who has always supported the coaches I listed above, always believed they were highly competent and always claimed that the prob with this team wasnt the guy behind the bench but rather the guys wearing this jersey.. While everybody (or so) thought Julien was an imbecile that would end up coaching a junior BB team, I was one of the very few believing he would have a great NHL carreer.. The vets of this team never wanted to buy his system, the prob with our team is that some vets think they are bigger than their sport, thinking they know everything about this game.. Name all them , they always had some major issues to deal with the vets of this team, Carbo had the exact same prob this year, he made some drastic moves to shake his team and instead reacting with pride they miserably acted like first class losers once again.. It has to end, time to change the leadership of this team, Habs looked like a country club all the season long.. Fans deserve better.. Guideline needed!

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 04-21-2009 at 01:48 PM.
Old
04-21-2009, 01:37 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 01:43 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
And who derailed Ryder? That's right, Carbo. Not Gainey, not Koivu, not Kovalev. Carbo and Ryder himself (he was playing like ****. still is imo, he was invisible in the series until he scored a goal my dead grandmother could have scored yesterday night)
Ryder obviously needed his dady to get his carreer on the right track, this year Ryder is in the game, take good decisions with the puck, protect it well, everything we failed to see from him last season, as I said, Julien is in an environment where he can exploit his biggest strength, teaching and developmental of young players, he is respected by his players, especially his vets..

Last edited by NewHabsEra*: 04-21-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old
04-21-2009, 04:39 PM
kernkraft

Damn you, Damn Claude Julien, and Damn the Wright Brothers!

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Claude Julien is a GREAT coach

did you see the players he had to coach and deal with during his tenure here? GOd almighty, he had scraps and he had a WINNING record, gets fired for starting cristobal huet for a 3rd game in a row, and we eventualy trade theo

He goes to Jersey, wins 47 games, and gets fired with 2 games left...

aint NO WAY im going to say **** claude julien, this guys had it rough, and i cant remember the last time a coach got fired TWICE with winning records both times..

JUST LOOK what hes done for boston, hats off to you claude, we should of never fired you, i cried when carbo was named coach

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 05:01 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post

Vigneault unquestionably did the best job of the three though. It was always upset that we canned him, but that was Reggie Houle for you.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 05:28 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
You can't imagine how surprised I was when I saw the title of the thread...

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:38 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
You can't imagine how surprised I was when I saw the title of the thread...
Hahaha, I totally forgot about posting that. That's what happens when you walk around at work with your phone...

Le Tricolore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Frankenheimer

Congrats to Jules, and congrats to the Bruins so far. They have a great team top to bottom.

Frankenheimer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 09:46 PM
JrHockeyFan

JuJu?

Mrs Julien is that YOU again!

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote