HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The real problem with the Habs

Old
04-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Capitano

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
I love the Habs, but I am very upset at the lack of effort put in by a number of players. I know we had a lot of injuries this season and that kept us from being as good as we could have been, but even with the injuries....not enough guys stepped up and played hard to help compensate. They simply needed to be better teammates and better players.

Guys like Plekanec, Andrei & Sergei Kostitsyn, Koivu, Kovalev, Higgins, Komisarek and Price needed to play better and play with more heart than they did this season. It seemed like these guys didn't always want to play hard, they made careless mistakes and they didn't play to the level they are capable of playing. These players were among our best players 1 year ago and now this year they are the worst players we have on the team because they don't play as hard as they can and battle for the puck.
Good points, but I don't think we need to turn into an overly physical team in order to compete. What we need are guys who willing to play with each other and back each other up on the ice.

I have been watching a lot of playoff hockey this year and we are by FAR the worst playoff team in 2009, it's not even close. We're poorly coached.

I don't think we need to blow the team up...but our next coach will determine how well we do in the immediate future.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote