HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ribiero Dagenais Article (candiens.com)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-18-2004, 02:24 PM
  #1
eddy
Registered User
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,673
vCash: 500
Ribiero Dagenais Article (candiens.com)

Sorry if somone posted this article before but i just read and it's a decent read about the Ribiero Dagenais connection.

http://www.canadiens.com/eng/news/re...ewsItemID=3594

eddy is offline  
Old
03-18-2004, 03:34 PM
  #2
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Good read Eddy, Thanks.

Too bad this is Dags last season with us though isnt it? LOL!

Mooch is offline  
Old
03-18-2004, 03:43 PM
  #3
eddy
Registered User
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Good read Eddy, Thanks.

Too bad this is Dags last season with us though isnt it? LOL!

lol, ya your probly right, i'm not a big Dagenais fan but he's big and he can score, he just can't skate, if he could skate he could be quite the offencive force. Is there anyway in this point in his carear with some hard work he could improve his skating?or is it not going to get any better?


Last edited by eddy: 03-18-2004 at 03:47 PM.
eddy is offline  
Old
03-18-2004, 03:46 PM
  #4
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
At 26 i dont see him improving much. Those are the legs God gave him i guess. They aint great at all!

I think what you see is what you get applies to Daganais!

Mooch is offline  
Old
03-18-2004, 03:54 PM
  #5
chicpea*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
if he could skate he could be quite the offencive force.
I dunno, I find his skating very offensive already!

chicpea* is offline  
Old
03-18-2004, 04:06 PM
  #6
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
I dunno, I find his skating very offensive already!
Hey thats a fallacy, you traped him

Havent you ever taken Mods of reasoning.

Mooch is offline  
Old
03-18-2004, 06:16 PM
  #7
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Wow does Dags' haircut look goofy now.

Yeah I would love to see Dags improve. I am already one of his biggest supporters here at HF. Imagine if this guy improves his skating and defensive play, I won't stop praising him.

Seriously though, if he does improve in the mentioned areas, he could become like Eric Daze.

felixd is online now  
Old
03-18-2004, 06:19 PM
  #8
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Wow does Dags' haircut look goofy now.

Yeah I would love to see Dags improve. I am already one of his biggest supporters here at HF. Imagine if this guy improves his skating and defensive play, I won't stop praising him.

Seriously though, if he does improve in the mentioned areas, he could become like Eric Daze.
Yeah, and imagine if Brodeur would improve his offensive game how much of a threat he would become.

We both can dream.

Dutchy is online now  
Old
03-18-2004, 06:23 PM
  #9
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Yeah, and imagine if Brodeur would improve his offensive game how much of a threat he would become.

We both can dream.
I know it's not likely considering Dagenais does not consider himself a prospect anymore, which to me is almost like saying "don't ask any more of me, this is all i have to offer".

But yeah we can dream

felixd is online now  
Old
03-18-2004, 06:25 PM
  #10
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Wow does Dags' haircut look goofy now.

Yeah I would love to see Dags improve. I am already one of his biggest supporters here at HF. Imagine if this guy improves his skating and defensive play, I won't stop praising him.

Seriously though, if he does improve in the mentioned areas, he could become like Eric Daze.

I hope your not waiting for that to happen, cause it'll take quite some time (never).

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-18-2004, 06:28 PM
  #11
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
I hope your not waiting for that to happen, cause it'll take quite some time (never).
Yes I'm aware. I tried to put as many "if's" and "may" in my original statement to show that.

As Dutchy said, it's nice to dream.

As much as you hate Dagenais, admit you would love it if he improved.

felixd is online now  
Old
03-18-2004, 06:30 PM
  #12
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Yes I'm aware. I tried to put as many "if's" and "may" in my original statement to show that.

As Dutchy said, it's nice to dream.

As much as you hate Dagenais, admit you would love it if he improved.
You have no idea how much I would like it.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
03-18-2004, 06:31 PM
  #13
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
As much as you hate Dagenais, admit you would love it if he improved.
Agreed... The world needs more optimistic people such as yourself.

Dutchy is online now  
Old
03-18-2004, 06:33 PM
  #14
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Agreed... The world needs more optimistic people such as yourself.
Awww....thanks Dutchy, that was real cute



hahaha i love these boards

felixd is online now  
Old
03-18-2004, 06:36 PM
  #15
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Awww....thanks Dutchy, that was real cute



hahaha i love these boards
Enjoy it while it last, I think that was my 1st post today where I didn't blast someone

As someone earlier suggested, I need a drink.... fast.

Dutchy is online now  
Old
03-18-2004, 07:51 PM
  #16
Perfect_Gravity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Okay, i'm new here so i might sound stupid, but i'm gonna ask anyways:

a) why do you guys not like Dags so much?
b) why do you think (sometimes "know") that he will be traded next year?

Perfect_Gravity is offline  
Old
03-18-2004, 08:15 PM
  #17
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Enjoy it while it last, I think that was my 1st post today where I didn't blast someone

As someone earlier suggested, I need a drink.... fast.
That was me, so did you have a rye on rocks?

Mooch is offline  
Old
03-18-2004, 08:18 PM
  #18
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Gravity
Okay, i'm new here so i might sound stupid, but i'm gonna ask anyways:

a) why do you guys not like Dags so much?
b) why do you think (sometimes "know") that he will be traded next year?
Well a)

Daganais is slow, cant pass, cant shoot, cant check, cant back check, and gives an effort once in a blue moon. On top of all that he is 26, no longer a prospect, and therefore wont improve much more.

Does that answer your question?

b) He wont be traded, hell probably be kept as a filler.

Mooch is offline  
Old
03-18-2004, 08:18 PM
  #19
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect_Gravity
Okay, i'm new here so i might sound stupid, but i'm gonna ask anyways:

a) why do you guys not like Dags so much?
b) why do you think (sometimes "know") that he will be traded next year?
I am actually probably the biggest Dagenais supporter on these boards, but here goes:

a)His skating is weak, his defensive play is lacking, and he is not physical enough. Some question his attitude, but no one has brought up any convincing enough points for me.
b)We don't think he will be traded, we think there will be no space for him in the lineup next year, as occured against the Avs.

felixd is online now  
Old
03-18-2004, 08:21 PM
  #20
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
cant shoot
Sorry man, but that's probably his best quality. All of your other points are valid, but don't make stuff up.

felixd is online now  
Old
03-18-2004, 08:53 PM
  #21
Dutchy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Montréal, Québec, Ca
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 3,119
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
That was me, so did you have a rye on rocks?
Just did... Thanks for the advice, I'm now jollier than ever!


Last edited by Dutchy: 03-18-2004 at 10:18 PM.
Dutchy is online now  
Old
03-18-2004, 10:05 PM
  #22
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
Sorry man, but that's probably his best quality. All of your other points are valid, but don't make stuff up.
i didnt make that up, it was a pure mistake, LOL!

im just tired, i need to sleep. I was up all night last night working on a unversity assignment!

Mooch is offline  
Old
03-19-2004, 09:54 AM
  #23
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
i didnt make that up, it was a pure mistake, LOL!

im just tired, i need to sleep. I was up all night last night working on a unversity assignment!
Hahaha, ok, sorry if I kind of snapped. No harm meant. What University do you go to?

felixd is online now  
Old
03-19-2004, 11:00 AM
  #24
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Well a)

Daganais is slow, cant pass, cant shoot, cant check, cant back check, and gives an effort once in a blue moon. On top of all that he is 26, no longer a prospect, and therefore wont improve much more.

Does that answer your question?

b) He wont be traded, hell probably be kept as a filler.
I think you guys are being unduly harsh on Dagenais. After all, he's got more goals than our most recent savior (Kovalev), yet has played around 15 less games.
And yet, he's a no-good filler.

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
03-19-2004, 09:18 PM
  #25
Perfect_Gravity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
I think you guys are being unduly harsh on Dagenais. After all, he's got more goals than our most recent savior (Kovalev), yet has played around 15 less games.
And yet, he's a no-good filler.
I agree he dose kinda suck at everything except for his shoting, but he scores on a regular basis. When he's around players that can feed him for one timers he's not a bad player. He's not a star or anything, but with passers like Ribero or Koivu he can do quite alright.

Perfect_Gravity is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.