HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 4, part 2

Old
04-21-2009, 10:40 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
well if the players feel they arent getting any explanation from the referees as far as the calls then its up to the coaching staff to ask the refs about it.
There is nothing wrong with discussing a call with a ref. Thats the captians job. If the ref is turning his back refusing to even give his explanation to the captian or to the alternate then that is wrong.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 10:41 PM
UseYourAllusion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStevensDotCom View Post
well if the players feel they arent getting any explanation from the referees as far as the calls then its up to the coaching staff to ask the refs about it.
There is nothing wrong with discussing a call with a ref. Thats the captians job. If the ref is turning his back refusing to even give his explanation to the captian or to the alternate then that is wrong.
That's what I saw. My jaw dropped

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 10:42 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
Called it for tripping Fleury on the way back to the goal.

There was slight contact, but not enough for a trip IMO.
MAF also gave a Price-esque flop and the ref bought it.

Old
04-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyacro View Post
–adjective
1. happening or likely to happen in an unplanned or subordinate conjunction with something else.
2. incurred casually and in addition to the regular or main amount: incidental expenses.
3. likely to happen or naturally appertaining (usually fol. by to).

–noun
4. something incidental, as a circumstance.
5. incidentals, minor expenses.

Its also incidental if someone is spinning around on the ice, like a helicopter, and someone gets punched in the face.
Yeah, you need to think up better examples to argue against a player playing a puck (with his stick no less) and happening to make contact with the goalie in the process of playing the puck.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 10:44 PM
TheDrizzle81

Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Quote:
Seriously, the part of that play that you should be bothering about is wondering what the hell Timonen was thinking when he had the puck in the offensive zone...he played us directly into danger, and it cost us.
DING DING DING. Even Parent retreated. Timonen dumps the puck in that goal never happens.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobbyacro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Look at that pic that just got posted...Biron never had a chance to get over to that puck. Just happened to fast, with our without Crosby making contact.

Meh, if it doesn't hit his stick it's probably going to hit his leg and bounce in. No kicking motion...it's a goal.

The first goal of this series was shady as all hell...this one, not so much.
Wrong....
Puck coming though crease
http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/t...urrent=036.jpg

Initial save.
http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/t...urrent=037.jpg

bobbyacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jester

Quote:
MAF also gave a Price-esque flop and the ref bought it.
I actually don't think that was a flop. It was essentially an accidental slew foot. I'm not sure I buy him taking a dive in that situation with a live puck out there...unless he's really dumb.

Old
04-21-2009, 10:46 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHawk View Post
I don't know. Without Crosby sliding in, I think he got enough of his pad on it to stop it from getting in. I agree it's very hard call to make.
When Crosby hit it it went straight down... without being impeded Biron could easily smother it... Crosby carried the puck in, lest it would have went to the ice not towards the goal -- look at the replays again, it i very clear -- Crosby's body already in the net, beyond the goal line didn't allow Biron to make the save as he carried it in.

I'm tired restating it... the goal was good because the War Room ruled it was... The goal in the opening minute at MSG was also a goal as Biron was pushed over the line by a stick when the whistle was not blown; that was a goal also because it was ruled so... Hartnell interfered with the goalie and MAF played with Knuble's head, the former a penalty, the latter not because they were ruled such... What can I say? What is ruled is so; case closed... and there is no bias as I am paranoid. Damn the facts I see.

[/RANT]

Sawdalite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Itd be worth it if Holgren picked up a goon to get suspended for life, just to drop a ref, that was totally disrespectful

Old
bobbyacro

Quote:
Yeah, you need to think up better examples to argue against a player playing a puck (with his stick no less) and happening to make contact with the goalie in the process of playing the puck.
Im bad, very bad, at analogies.... Dont take me as being a dick to you... I just like debating and if im wrong, well, then I learn from it.... I dont learn anything debating people dumber than myself, take that as a compliment, maybe not though... as far as hockey goes 90% of the people on this board know a lot more than I do.

Old
04-21-2009, 10:47 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Still trying to figure out how we lost this one.

Okay, I am one of the biggest pessimists on this board. Everybody knows that. I predicted we would get wrecked in this series. Everybody knows that. I hate Stevens. Everybody knows that.

Honestly, I am not going to count us out.

Game 2 - We were a bad Carter miss and/or a horrific hooking call away from winning that game.

Game 3 - Played better than they did, deserved to win.

Game 4 - Dominated large portions of the game, deserved to win, got stoned by MAF.

If you look at the games in this series, the Pens haven't been overly impressive. MAF has stolen 2 games for them and the Flyers took the king of all dumps in Game 1 (the Pens played pretty poorly in that game too).

Maybe I am crazy and I know it's not reflected on the scoreboard, but I'd say that goaltending aside (MAF has been insane), the Flyers have been just as good as the Pens and maybe better.

As I said, I am a horrific pessimist. It tanks my world outlook completely. So for me to be this optimistic is very strange. I don't know what to make of it tbh.

The key for this group is to keep believing. I want guys in this room saying that they aren't out of this series. Game 5 will require the performance of the season. Do we have it? I don't know.

But the Pens have just not played well in this series.

Game 1 - We handed them that game on a silver platter.

Game 2 - Take your pick, if Carter pots his goal, we probably win.

Game 3 - We won.

Game 4 - Kimmo murdered us with 2 mistakes on the same play and then a couple shifts later, Jones and Alberts do their thing and Biron overcommits. 0 for 8 on the PP doesn't help.

We have beaten ourselves. But the Pens have certainly had a couple fortunate plays and we've hit about 8 ******* posts in this series.

I'm not into the prediction game, but we have played a lot better than I expected we would tbh.

We need to come out in Game 5 gangbusters. **** their home crowd, **** their bandwagon fans. I want Pens bodies hitting the ice, I want Flyers forechecking hard, I want guys getting in MAF's face, I want the dominance this team has shown they're capable of.

So, if you made it through this, congratulations I guess.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 10:47 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
I actually don't think that was a flop. It was essentially an accidental slew foot. I'm not sure I buy him taking a dive in that situation with a live puck out there...unless he's really dumb.
I dont know, he seemed to fall back in a almost delayed reaction.

Old
04-21-2009, 10:48 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1487
Quote:
I'm not positive of the current replay rule, but when it involves the warroom are the off-ice officials looking at every option to overturn a goal or are they looking at a specific play? Example: Viewing only whether the net came off the mooring, but not whether a puck was batted in (not to be mistaken as a comment specifically about tonight's game).

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Jester

Quote:
Initial save? Biron whiffed on the puck with his glove as it went through the crease to Crosby. If actually saved it on the "initial save" then there is no goal.

Lets pause here for a moment. Notice that the entire back post side of the net has nothing in between it and the puck if you line up Crosby's stick and hands.

The puck hits Crosby's stick and pops up into his body/glove...bounces off of his glove.

Then we get to your original pic:http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/t...urrent=038.jpg

Where the puck is now headed into the net a few inches from the right post.

BTW, for all the supposed contact...notice how Biron's ass hasn't moved one iota toward the back of the net in these pics.

Old
04-21-2009, 10:52 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
they way he looked like he was slipping and sliding and waving his arms looked phoney. I can understand he was trying to keep balance, but at first it looked fake lol.

Old
04-21-2009, 10:53 PM
DUHockey9

I don't get how there is still a debate about this goal. The one rule Jester quoted covers it.

Quote:
69.6 Rebounds and Loose Pucks - In a rebound situation, or where a goalkeeper and attacking player(s) are simultaneously attempting to play a loose puck, whether inside or outside the crease, incidental contact with the goalkeeper will be permitted, and any goal that is scored as a result thereof will be allowed.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Jester

Quote:
Usually what it looks like...gentle nudge put him on his backheel (he was already moving backwards) and he tipped over.

What's absolutely mesmerizing about that play is that MAF screwed up BADLY coming out to play that puck, got himself caught in traffic, falls over, and Richards gets a penalty.

That was, similar to the Crosby goal, obvious incidental contact.

Old
04-21-2009, 10:54 PM
bobbyacro

Quote:
Initial save? Biron whiffed on the puck with his glove as it went through the crease to Crosby. If actually saved it on the "initial save" then there is no goal.

Lets pause here for a moment. Notice that the entire back post side of the net has nothing in between it and the puck if you line up Crosby's stick and hands.

The puck hits Crosby's stick and pops up into his body/glove...bounces off of his glove.

Then we get to your original pic:http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/t...urrent=038.jpg

Where the puck is now headed into the net a few inches from the right post.

BTW, for all the supposed contact...notice how Biron's ass hasn't moved one iota toward the back of the net in these pics.
But do you agree that the real Uncle Sam looked nothing like the pic you have for an avatar?

Old
04-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Jester

Quote:
But do you agree that the real Uncle Sam looked nothing like the pic you have for an avatar?
That's because I photoshopped him into Flyers colors.

Old
04-21-2009, 10:57 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
I'm not even a Flyers fan and I'm pissed off.

God I hate the ****ing Penguins!!

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bobbyacro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
I don't get how there is still a debate about this goal. The one rule Jester quoted covers it.
I agree the goal was good, just got hung up on something Jester posted, which I misread. Tried to prove him wrong and lost..... Oh well. I spent way too much time uploading those photos, hahaha..... Makes me feel better I understand the rule 100% now, eventhough my friends will think im a dick when I correct them the next time it happens.

Old
Claude Giroux

How many ****ing penalties were there tonight? I'm not just talking against us either.

26 PIM...

that's nearly half the ****ing game.

Claude Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2009, 10:58 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I'm not positive of the current replay rule, but when it involves the warroom are the off-ice officials looking at every option to overturn a goal or are they looking at a specific play? Example: Viewing only whether the net came off the mooring, but not whether a puck was batted in (not to be mistaken as a comment specifically about tonight's game).
I know that, but I was commenting on the referee turning his back on Richards after he got called for the trip. I think its the disrespect that the referees are giving when discussing a penalty or a call on the ice is what people have a problem with.
There is no need for any referee to turn his back when Richards or Timonen are looking for a simple explanation on a call on the ice.

Old
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
bobbyacro

Quote:
That's because I photoshopped him into Flyers colors.
Just agree...... im right on this one.... throw me a bone dude, you just had me taking pics of my tv and posting them to the internet.

Old
04-21-2009, 10:59 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
How many ****ing penalties were there tonight? I'm not just talking against us either.
too many on both sides.