HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GAME 4 ECQF|4/22/09|Boston @ Montreal 7PM EST RDS-HD CBC-HD NESN-HD

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2009, 11:44 AM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
So we have pathetic D and shiite forwards...so if that stays the same, you think it makes a difference if it's Halak between the pipes as opposed to Price???

Makes no sense...IF the Habs were playing great hockey and were a strong opposition, I would agree...but it's not the case. Like I said, in games 1 and games 2, the Habs had an opportunity to win it, but they either gave the lead by handing the Bruins a PP due to their indiscipline (Gorges) or could finish to save their lives...
With the people on these boards you know logic doesnt matter.
They wouldn't be blaming the holy savior Halak if it was him that lost the first 3 games. It would be the d's fault that we lost. Not the goalie.

Old
04-22-2009, 11:45 AM
habbie67

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12jf54 View Post
You know people will boo the Habs (even if they win). Nothing will change here. Mainly because of people like this who will chant Carey's name just to see Halak in goal :

So if Halak Plays we'll score more goals...Interesting...
we'll get the empty netter!

Old
04-22-2009, 11:46 AM
BobbyFischer*

Fire Gainey

Old
04-22-2009, 11:47 AM
Jean Beliveau

Quote:
So we have pathetic D and shiite forwards...so if that stays the same, you think it makes a difference if it's Halak between the pipes as opposed to Price???

Makes no sense...IF the Habs were playing great hockey and were a strong opposition, I would agree...but it's not the case. Like I said, in games 1 and games 2, the Habs had an opportunity to win it, but they either gave the lead by handing the Bruins a PP due to their indiscipline (Gorges) or could finish to save their lives...

It would be nice if whoever is playing in between the pipes for the Habs could have a comfortable lead to work with, it would be nice if the goalie didn't have to play on edge every moment of every game.
In spite of my comments, Halak would have stolen either game 1 or 3.

Does everybody forget Halak's unbelievable play in a 4 game strech back in Feb or March when he in fact stood on his head and almost singlehandedly won us 6 to 8 points all on his own.

Tha's what I'm talking about. Do you honestly believe that Price's current state of mind and confidence can do the same.

If Halak gets hot and we can rattle of 2 or 3 wins as a result than you should go for it.

Gainey is making sure that we'll never find out. This pisses me of big time. The arrogance by Gainey.

Old
04-22-2009, 11:48 AM
la25ecoupe

The difference is , we shoot in thomas's chest..

Old
04-22-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
With the people on these boards you know logic doesnt matter.
They wouldn't be blaming the holy savior Halak if it was him that lost the first 3 games. It would be the d's fault that we lost. Not the goalie.
That's the thing...

Anyone who is asking for Halak to start or somehow blaming Price for the Habs being down 3-0 is just looking for a scapegoat and the goalie is always the easiest target.

Maybe the Habs are down 3-0 because, I don't know...the Bruins are just a better team? Has that ever crossed anyone's mind who is blaming Price?

I mean come on man...the Habs were shorthanded going into this series and things have gotten worst in the health department since, sometimes losing has more to do with the opponent than your own team

Old
04-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
That's the thing...

Anyone who is asking for Halak to start or somehow blaming Price for the Habs being down 3-0 is just looking for a scapegoat and the goalie is always the easiest target.

Maybe the Habs are down 3-0 because, I don't know...the Bruins are just a better team? Has that ever crossed anyone's mind who is blaming Price?

I mean come on man...the Habs were shorthanded going into this series and things have gotten worst in the health department since, sometimes losing has more to do with the opponent than your own team
That's the best part.

We have some of our top guys out, we've been playing like **** for 3 months, but because Halak has played 4-6 outstanding games, we're losing to a much better team because of goaltending.

Old
04-22-2009, 11:53 AM
TheCH*

Quote:
That's the thing...

Dense. We know the ruins are better, thats why we need the goalie to absolutely steal one for us. Halak has more potential to accomplish that right now then Price who has lost 7 straight games, and 7 straight playoff game and has quite frankly been garbage since january.

Old
kovaless

Quote:
That's the thing...

No question that the Bruins are a better team. But we know why coaches change line combinations. Trying to find a spark, new chemistry, new intensity. Why can't they do the same thing with a goalie ??

Old
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

Quote:
Ding ding ding!
We have a winner!

Anyone who has actually been watching the series, and not just paying attention too the boxscore would know that.

Old
04-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Jean Beliveau

Quote:
That's the thing...

Why do some people insost on shielding and protecting Price from any criticism.

I acknowledge the fact that our D-Men are crap and our forwards don't provide much help as well.

But is the goaltender not the first line of defence.

If you goalie can steal a game for you in can have a trckle down effect on the rest of the team.

With Price there has not even been a chance for a trickle down effect to occur.

his playoff stats don't lie. They suck big time.

I blame Gainey and not Price for this.

Old
04-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCH View Post
Dense. We know the ruins are better, thats why we need the goalie to absolutely steal one for us. Halak has more potential to accomplish that right now then Price who has lost 7 straight games, and 7 straight playoff game and has quite frankly been garbage since january.

You do realize that he'd have to give up ONLY a goal a game for us to have a standing chance to WIN against a much BETTER and HEALTHIER team?

We've scored 1.67 goals per game this series. It's just not even close to being enough.

Old
04-22-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Beliveau View Post
In spite of my comments, Halak would have stolen either game 1 or 3.

Does everybody forget Halak's unbelievable play in a 4 game strech back in Feb or March when he in fact stood on his head and almost singlehandedly won us 6 to 8 points all on his own.
Tha's what I'm talking about. Do you honestly believe that Price's current state of mind and confidence can do the same.

If Halak gets hot and we can rattle of 2 or 3 wins as a result than you should go for it.

Gainey is making sure that we'll never find out. This pisses me of big time. The arrogance by Gainey.
What does a performance 2 months ago have anything to do with what is going on now??? Should I present Carey Price performance against the Bruins in last year deciding game as a counter-argument? Who cares what Halak did months ago in what is now, meaningless games.

As for the assumption that Halak would of stolent game 1 or 3...please. Josh Gorges took a STUPID penalty when the Habs had the Bruins on the ropes, do you seriously think Halak could of stopped that blast from Chara? Last game as I said, the habs came out strong and should of scored 2 quick goals which would of sent the crowd in a frenzy and would of probably have rattled the bruins.

The team hasn't given Price any rope...they've given him a 1 goal lead ONCE! this whole series. It doens't matter who is in nets if they're being asked to create miracles every game

Old
04-22-2009, 12:01 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLHabsAK46 View Post

You do realize that he'd have to give up ONLY a goal a game for us to have a standing chance to WIN against a much BETTER and HEALTHIER team?

We've scored 1.67 goals per game this series. It's just not even close to being enough.
All those games take on a completely different scenario with Halak in net. Every single time we get momentum going Price lets in a bad goal and that kills the spirits of the whole team.

Price has 7 wins in his last like 28 games. He's brutal! He has zero chance of stealing a game, and thats what we need.

Old
04-22-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Beliveau View Post
Why do some people insost on shielding and protecting Price from any criticism.

I acknowledge the fact that our D-Men are crap and our forwards don't provide much help as well.

But is the goaltender not the first line of defence.

If you goalie can steal a game for you in can have a trckle down effect on the rest of the team.

With Price there has not even been a chance for a trickle down effect to occur.

his playoff stats don't lie. They suck big time.

I blame Gainey and not Price for this.
I'm not shielding Price from criticism...frankly, no one aside from Higgins and maybe Kovalev have had a particular impact either way for the Habs.

However, in 2 games, games 1 and games 3...Carey Price, given the current circumstances (injuries to KEY players), HAS given the Habs a chance to win. But he can't force Gorges to not take a dumb PP in the 3rd period of a tie game on the road against one of the best teams and best PP's in the league. Carey Price also can't force the Habs forward to bear down on their scoring chances against Thomas either.

Price while not being great, has given his undermaned team a chance to at least steal 1 game, but his teamates ****ed it up twice for him.

Old
04-22-2009, 12:03 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
While it's true that Price is not solely to blame for the three losses, it's also true that it makes no sense to say that Halak would not have made a difference. We simply have no evidence to know otherwise. It will remain a mystery. I tend to believe he would have made a difference, but I have as much proof as those claiming otherwise. That's what's frustrating, not knowing. But the argument is moot. Gainey has made sure none of us will ever know.
what goal(s) in this serie do you think Halak would have stopped tell me.. Watch all them and tell me if Halak would have made really a difference.. Then watch all the big saves Carey has made, including the ones looking easy cause we all know Carey's technic is so good that sometime he will make some great shots that could beat any goaltenders in this league look so so.. He is that kind of goaltenders, but people are overlooking it, they take his superb technic for granted..

If you dont know what would have happened with Halak in net, personally Ive no doubt, it would have been worst!

Old
04-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
All those games take on a completely different scenario with Halak in net. Every single time we get momentum going Price lets in a bad goal and that kills the spirits of the whole team.

Price has 7 wins in his last like 28 games. He's brutal! He has zero chance of stealing a game, and thats what we need.
And your crystal ball says what about next year? Stanley Cup?

Just because you say it does not make it true. And for Halak to have stolen games means he'd have to make great saves on top of those made by Price. Which means he'd have to have stopped those in the first place and we can't say he would've.

Your scenario is a pretty ****ty argument IMO.

Old
04-22-2009, 12:04 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

No one is shielding Price from criticism.
He is the one that is getting **** on the most when he isnt the whole problem or even the majority of the problem.
**** on the other 20 players as well for not doing their job

Old
04-22-2009, 12:05 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
And your crystal ball says what about next year? Stanley Cup?

Just because you say it does not make it true.
Obviously, but what i do know is true is Price can't and hasn't been getting the job done.

Old
04-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
Obviously, but what i do know is true is Price can't and hasn't been getting the job done.
Nope, what you're saying is that Halak in net would probably have us at 1-2 or 2-1.

Which is just plain [...]

Old
04-22-2009, 12:09 PM
TheCH*

Quote:
Nope, what you're saying is that Halak in net would probably have us at 1-2 or 2-1.

Which is just plain [...]
7 wins in 28 games and an epic playoff choker is all i got left to say.

Old
04-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
7 wins in 28 games and an epic playoff choker is all i got left to say.
I see your arguments have grown fairly weak.

Good day.

Old
04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

Halak is the guy who DESERVES to be in net. IMO:
1. Halak's put up better stats this yr.
2.As far as I know, Halak hasn't been partying it up as much as Price.
3. Halak had to EARN every minute of play time he's received, whereas Price has been given everything on a golden platter without having to prove himself (at least not to the extent of Halak).
4. Price is rattled mentally (has been for most of the year).
5. If Price loses tonight, he will be booed out of the building and that will only further affect his confidence.

Without even considering which goalie will give us a better chance of winning tonight (because let's not kidd ourselves it probably will end bleakly either way) ultimately HALAK is the one who deserves to be in net.

Old
04-22-2009, 12:11 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

I guess you completely ignored my post where I proved this ridiculous statement wrong, yet you keep harping on it.

My suggestion to you is to actually watch the games next time. You'd see quite a different story.

Old
04-22-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Price is among 20 or so players who haven't been getting the job done...as long as they're that many of them not getting the job done, who is in nets, won't matter.

As long as the Habs keep taking dumb penalties...it won't matter who is in nets

As long as guys like Komisarek send blind passes through the middle of his own zone...it won't matter who is in nets

As long as the Habs can't bear down on their scoring chances...it won't matter who is in nets.

As long as no other line can come in and support Koivu's line...it won't matter who is in nets.

I could go on and one here

Closed Thread