HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Demers Speculates Schneider and Tanguay Faking Injuries

Old
04-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

vCash: 500
Demers Speculates Schneider and Tanguay Faking Injuries

This is exactly what I was talking about in the Ryder thread...

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=634228

This is the media chasing and criticizing players out of town. The franchise needs to back up their players and protect their interests!

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/col...98196-sun.html

There is no way they were faking. Schneider came back from what everyone said was a season-ending injury, and got them the goal to get them into the post-season.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

They aren't faking,the media here is retarded.There is a reason Tanguay didn't play against Pittsburgh the last game of the season after clinching in Boston 2 nights before.

Schneider well was supposed to be done for the year and needed a second opinion so.....

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
They aren't faking,the media here is retarded.There is a reason they didn't play against Pittsburgh the last game of the season after clinching in Boston 2 nights before
Exactly. But as a player in Montreal having to deal with this, you need the franchise to come out and defned their players and put the media in their place.

Old
04-22-2009, 07:52 AM
12jf54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
This is exactly what I was talking about in the Ryder thread...media chasing and criticizing players out of town. The franchise needs to back up their players and protect their interests!

There is no way they were faking.
Obviously it's crap...Demers said it...

RDS and their "analysts" are scared Montreal will be gone in 4. They're trying to find some controversy to keep their viewers through the off-season...

Don't take anything that comes out of their mouth for granted. It would be the stupid thing to do..

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Newhabfan

Strangely enough - Demers is not the media but the last cup winning coach here. He strongly believes what he says and he is a sold out habs fan so I have all the respect possible regardless of what he could be saying.

Even when he says strange stuff, he never intended to harm the team, as others clearly did.

Now, what he says there does sound stupid - and to do it on a Toronto radio station, no less !

You cannot put Demers in the same group with Villeneuve, Bergeron or Rejaune.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:53 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Exactly. But as a player in Montreal having to deal with this, you need the franchise to come out and defned their players and put the media in their place.
Too many media and they all get along and also watching Gainey in these last couple of days he probably knows he's on his way out

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Riverboat Gambler

-they're probably scared they'll be forced to play...

I wonder if it can get any more strange. Each day I wake up it seems there is something stinky going on (other than the normal something stinky, that's part of my routine).

JD is a passionate man and I'm sure he wants the Habs to win... however he's not a Dr... so his opinion is not to be given too much validity.

On the other hand, I'd bet Demers would do whatever he could, within his constitution, to show up for his team. He probably just has a hard team rationalizing others who might not... however justified they may be.

Get Demers some skates he'd probably attack Chara.

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:57 AM
12jf54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Too many media and they all get along and also watching Gainey in these last couple of days he probably knows he's on his way out
I don't think he's on his way out. However, if it was the case, he knows in the back of his mind that whoever replaces him will have to deal will as much crap from the french media. Unless he happens to be a french-canadian. Then, and only then, would he be considered as a God...

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:58 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Demers is an idiot. He lost all respect and credibility this season for me. Just another talking head furthering his own agenda now, nothing more.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
This is exactly what I was talking about in the Ryder thread...

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=634228

This is the media chasing and criticizing players out of town. The franchise needs to back up their players and protect their interests!

There is no way they were faking. Schneider came back from what everyone said was a season-ending injury, and got them the goal to get them into the post-season.
You mean "there was a report circulating yesterday that former Habs coach Jacques Demers claimed Schneider and Tanguay may have bailed out in order to concentrate on their futures" ?

"There was a report"? Maybe a link quoting Demers would be better. No?

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
-they're probably scared they'll be forced to play...

I wonder if it can get any more strange. Each day I wake up it seems there is something stinky going on (other than the normal something stinky, that's part of my routine).

JD is a passionate man and I'm sure he wants the Habs to win... however he's not a Dr... so his opinion is not to be given too much validity.

On the other hand, I'd bet Demers would do whatever he could, within his constitution, to show up for his team. He probably just has a hard team rationalizing others who might not... however justified they may be.

Get Demers some skates he'd probably attack Chara.
They're too quick to turn on players. And the stink didn't show up until the team started doing bad. Remember this same media starting the Centennial season?

Old
04-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
This season sure has been fun.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:04 AM
BBrowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Strangely enough - Demers is not the media but the last cup winning coach here. He strongly believes what he says and he is a sold out habs fan so I have all the respect possible regardless of what he could be saying.

Even when he says strange stuff, he never intended to harm the team, as others clearly did.

Now, what he says there does sound stupid - and to do it on a Toronto radio station, no less !

You cannot put Demers in the same group with Villeneuve, Bergeron or Rejaune.
I do. No problem with doing it either.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Capitano

I heard the interview, and he didn't say that they were faking. It was more of a statement against the UFA situation.

His point was that Bouillon played and got hurt again - so he was SPECULATING that Schneider and Tanguay could have been influenced because they are also UFA and don't want to hurt their chances at another contract next year.

This is unfortunately the risk you run when you have UFA's...what incentive do they have to come back? They are genuinely hurt.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Demers lost all credibility when he was in tears and bringing up Beliveau's name back in January. The guy is an idiot and in love with his own voice. He should be banned from the Bell Center. This idiot is ridiculous. Considering the BS the media must have put him through when he coached this team, you'd think he'd know better and at least have some empathy. But he creates BS just like any other member of the crazy Montreal media.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:10 AM
Newhabfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
You mean "there was a report circulating yesterday that former Habs coach Jacques Demers claimed Schneider and Tanguay may have bailed out in order to concentrate on their futures" ?

Unfortunately it's true - I heard him myself on team 990 Melnick's show - it was an interview given to a Toronto radio station. I'm not keen enough to understand exactly his words but this is how Melnick and his crew translated it .

And to BBRowser - The reasons I do not put him on the same boat with those three:

- He has a significant past as a Hab. Just like you cannot hate Lafleur for his out of place comments.

- He deeply cares about this organization - just look at him after a defeat. Unlike those I named.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post

I agree.

Too many people here are quick to condemn...like I said, I heard the interview and he didn't say they were faking. There is no doubt that they are both hurt - but again, what incentive do they have to play hurt for us? They are both UFA...I'm a Gainey supporter but I'm beginning to think that all these UFAs really hurt us this year.

Old
04-22-2009, 08:11 AM
Riverboat Gambler

Quote:
They're too quick to turn on players. And the stink didn't show up until the team started doing bad. Remember this same media starting the Centennial season?
Who's they?

They're not really all united. It's not Media United Vs. the Habs, despite what's thought. There are a few bad apples certainly but people read them, otherwise they're not employed. People will read the craziest things. Media is for fans, not the team

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
Unfortunately it's true - I heard him myself on team 990 Melnick's show - it was an interview given to a Toronto radio station. I'm not keen enough to understand exactly his words but this is how Melnick and his crew translated it .

And to BBRowser - The reasons I do not put him on the same boat with those three:

- He has a significant past as a Hab. Just like you cannot hate Lafleur for his out of place comments.

- He deeply cares about this organization - just look at him after a defeat. Unlike those I named.
It was on Bill Watters' show on Mojo radio AM640 in Toronto. If anything it was taken out of context.

He didn't say they were faking, but he did say that as UFAs they might have been concerned about getting contracts next year if they played hurt and did more damage.

Anyway, I think this is being blown out of proportion - it is what it is - these guys are hurt and they have no reason to play hurt for us. I'm sure they would play if they could.

Old
04-22-2009, 08:17 AM
Erngueva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
I agree.

Too many people here are quick to condemn...like I said, I heard the interview and he didn't say they were faking. There is no doubt that they are both hurt - but again, what incentive do they have to play hurt for us? They are both UFA...I'm a Gainey supporter but I'm beginning to think that all these UFAs really hurt us this year.
English medias

Erngueva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Travis Moen

Why are we blaming montreal medias for an article written by toronto medias?

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:22 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBrowser View Post
I do. No problem with doing it either.
Same. Demers cemented himself in that group when he was on L'Antichambre with the rest of those yahoos on the eve of the so-called "Darkest Day in Canadiens' history" blubbering about Beliveau through crocodile tears.

(Edit: Basically what Psycho Papa Joe said)

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:25 AM
WestLEAFfan

Despite all the negativity surrounding your team with players playing or not playing hurt, at least one thing is certain.....YOUR TEAM MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!! It could be much worse people....just ask a LEAF fan!

WestLEAFfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 08:32 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

The irony.

I am giving you an example of how the media has taken something that seems to be pure speculation, turned it into accusation against a player, and no one is defending either player. Rather, the focus is on the media and if they are credible or not...

Whether it is a reason to cause speculation and rumors, or just to force the players to play, the players must be protected and supported!

I also waited for a newspaper to run the story before posting because it was a live interview on the radio/television and wanted a link for you to read first.

Old
04-22-2009, 08:33 AM
Travis Moen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestLEAFfan View Post
Despite all the negativity surrounding your team with players playing or not playing hurt, at least one thing is certain.....YOUR TEAM MADE THE PLAYOFFS!!! It could be much worse people....just ask a LEAF fan!
If I had to chose between missing the playoffs and being swept by the bruins, I would have chosen the former.
But thankfully, there is another choice. We could still win this series.

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote