HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Demers Speculates Schneider and Tanguay Faking Injuries

Old
04-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
I can't wait until tonight or tommorow's presser when we find out what exactly is wrong with these cats. I bet most of us will have our mouths wide open with the extent of some of the injuries we'll here. I wouln't even be surprised if there were a couple more guys in the lineup with minor injuries of their own.
I don't think all will be said right after our elimination. Might take a week or two.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 03:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

One thing I would love to see, is the Habs responding. I mean, sure, this will be gold for the media if they do and that's probably what they want, but at one point, clearly the Media are having fun with the fact that you can say whatever you want against the players and the organization and there's is never a response about anything.

Isn't it time that Gainey calls out each and every one that stated something false about the team and clear the air and tells it like it is? Sure it would probably last a whole weekend if he would do it, but at point enough is enough no? How is the Habs, the Media's doormat?

Time for a response Bob and if you decide to go, how about you give yourself some fun before leaving. They would deserve it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Joe Cole

#1 - Jacques should stop yelling. The guy cannot seem to say anything without straining his voice.

#2- he should only talk when he knows something as a fact that he has double checked himself. Speculation is worthless.

#3- he needs to stop competing with all the other local hockey wanna be experts and simply speak about his experiences

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:04 PM
12jf54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't think all will be said right after our elimination. Might take a week or two.
Knowing the media around here, i'm sure a lot of crap will be thrown around in the next few days. Sadly (or probably not) none of it will be true...

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:13 PM
puckhead103*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12jf54 View Post
I don't think he's on his way out. However, if it was the case, he knows in the back of his mind that whoever replaces him will have to deal will as much crap from the french media. Unless he happens to be a french-canadian. Then, and only then, would he be considered as a God...
did demers at one time said that he couldn't read or write?

puckhead103* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:22 PM
12jf54

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckhead103 View Post
did demers at one time said that he couldn't read or write?
I don't get why you are quoting me for that...

Anyways, yes he did : http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2005/...ers051103.html

Enjoy !

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:22 PM
panorama01*

This is no worse than 1992... some may say that they made it to the second round, but that meant less then. They played a terrible Hartford Whalers team in round one and was almost eliminated by them, and no this was not like Calgary almost losing to Vancouver in 1989... the Canadiens were really not good at all!

panorama01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:38 PM
Raskolnikov76

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
Demers is illiterate and developed to a grade 3 mental level.
Surprised anyone even quotes him .
How do you explain that a billionaire like Mike Illitch calls Demers one of the greatest human being he ever met/known?

Raskolnikov76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Schneider paid the price everytime he hit the ice! He was hit hard and he hit players hard. He was playing with passion and was one of our best D if not the best.

My guess is he had cortisone shots and the effect is over now. Cortisone is great because it takes away the pain, but you can't play on this forever you need to heal your injury at some point. It's very popular among players in the playoffs... (Yzerman when he played on 1 leg..)

Tanguay well, it would explain why Bob didn't use him on the top line in game 1 & 2..

Yeah he was on the newpaper front page!!

Now it's Perron this and Perron that, lol hypocrites.
Now this is defending a player! THis is what the franchise and the captains should be publicly saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
One thing I would love to see, is the Habs responding. I mean, sure, this will be gold for the media if they do and that's probably what they want, but at one point, clearly the Media are having fun with the fact that you can say whatever you want against the players and the organization and there's is never a response about anything.

Isn't it time that Gainey calls out each and every one that stated something false about the team and clear the air and tells it like it is? Sure it would probably last a whole weekend if he would do it, but at point enough is enough no? How is the Habs, the Media's doormat?

Time for a response Bob and if you decide to go, how about you give yourself some fun before leaving. They would deserve it.
Brilliant. Smack the members of the media who are cutting apart and questioning your players and then draw the line in the sand and dare them to cross it again. Players would sure respect that more than what is going on now...

Coach Parker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:40 PM
Pr3Va1L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
This is exactly what I was talking about in the Ryder thread...

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=634228

This is the media chasing and criticizing players out of town. The franchise needs to back up their players and protect their interests!

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/col...98196-sun.html

There is no way they were faking. Schneider came back from what everyone said was a season-ending injury, and got them the goal to get them into the post-season.

Exactly why nobody should listen to all this crap...

Pr3Va1L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr3Va1L View Post
Exactly why nobody should listen to all this crap...
Exactly. And also why the franchise should be the one saying it, not HFBoard members!

Coach Parker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:54 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76 View Post
How do you explain that a billionaire like Mike Illitch calls Demers one of the greatest human being he ever met/known?
Being a nice human being and quoteworthiness are unrelated.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:57 PM
Kafka

Quote:
This is exactly what I was talking about in the Ryder thread...

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=634228

This is the media chasing and criticizing players out of town. The franchise needs to back up their players and protect their interests!

http://www.torontosun.com/sports/col...98196-sun.html

There is no way they were faking. Schneider came back from what everyone said was a season-ending injury, and got them the goal to get them into the post-season.
Demers, Perron, Bergeron and most if not all joueurnalists are not journalists, but clown.

I don't repeat on these boards what clowns say.

Wish I wasn't the only one.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:58 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Exactly. And also why the franchise should be the one saying it, not HFBoard members!
the franchise has pretty well taken the position that they won't dignify some guys with a response, or engage, which really is the desired effect, a dialogue. Probably part of the animosity, the media sin't included at the party, while they feel an ammount of entitlement as they've become part of the show.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 05:48 PM
DaHabMan

we already know everything we need to know about the media, they're an abomination to journalism.

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 06:00 PM
One Trick Pony

Demers is seriously making me hate this organization.. We never hear anything positive... I mean, every morning I listen to him say how we need french canadians on our team and how important lapierre and latendresse are and how saku sucks, EVERY DAY, then he wants to trade markov and price for lecavalier, and now this.. I can't stand this guy anymore...

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 06:03 PM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76 View Post
Demers was a big supporter of Little Caeser's.

DirtyJeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 06:05 PM
DirtyJeeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
Demers is seriously making me hate this organization.. We never hear anything positive... I mean, every morning I listen to him say how we need french canadians on our team and how important lapierre and latendresse are and how saku sucks, EVERY DAY, then he wants to trade markov and price for lecavalier, and now this.. I can't stand this guy anymore...
Can't blame the organization. We can all blame ourselves for reading/listening to the crap, then discussing it. We can all blame those who listen/read that crap and believe it. We can all blame those who spew that crap. But you can't blame the organization.

Old
04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
DaHabMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves View Post
Can't blame the organization. We can all blame ourselves for reading/listening to the crap, then discussing it. We can all blame those who listen/read that crap and believe it. We can all blame those who spew that crap. But you can't blame the organization.
bingo!

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:03 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJeeves View Post
I know and I'm hating myself too for that but for some reason they are making me hate everything about this team just because of them

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 07:07 PM
DirtyJeeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
I know and I'm hating myself too for that but for some reason they are making me hate everything about this team just because of them
I'm no shrink, but I'd say that's more frustration with the team than anything. I hope so, anyway.

Old
04-22-2009, 07:56 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
http://www.corussports.com/hockey/em...2-1524151.html

The Sun medias are notorious Quebec bashers and are trying to portray the city as bad as they can*.

*When they design a post apocaliptic scenario if the Habs loose tonight.
I listened to the show this morning and he NEVER said what he's been accused of. But this is common on HFBoards, so no problem. Blame the media.

deandebean is online now   Reply With Quote