HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would you all say to an...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2009, 02:12 PM
  #1
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty
 
Born in 1909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,899
vCash: 500
What would you all say to an...

official joint press conference/statement to address the Montreal media

featuring

Brisebois
Latendresse
Lapierre
Tanguay
Dandeneault
Boullion
Laraque
Melanson
Boivin
Beliveau
Lafleur (oops!... he's on 110%)
even Rejean Houle (ok, maybe not )

All seated together in dark suits to tell the press to cool it with their sensationalistic and destructive negative coverage of the team.

The Russians, Czechs, Finns, Americans, and Anglos can't say it... but this group sure could

obviously I'm not serious...

but it is still a nice fantasy

Imagine the reactions of Le Moron, Bergeron and Rejaune

They would be red-faced and foaming at the mouth


Last edited by Born in 1909: 04-22-2009 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 02:16 PM
  #2
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,004
vCash: 500
?huh

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 02:19 PM
  #3
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
official joint press conference/statement to address the Montreal media
...
All seated together in dark suits to tell the press to cool it with their sensationalistic and destructive negative coverage of the team.

The Russians, Cheks, Finns, Americans, and Anglos can't say it... but this group sure could

obviously I'm not serious...

but it is still a nice fantasy

Imagine the reactions of Le Moron, Bergeron and Rejaune

They would be red-faced and foaming at the mouth
The Canadiens could even demand the right of approval of the content of articles, radio and TV shows before they appear. If the media don't comply, they'd have their press credentials revoked. It's that simple.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 02:22 PM
  #4
DougHarvey
Registered User
 
DougHarvey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 679
vCash: 500
Could they do it in English only

DougHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 02:55 PM
  #5
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,364
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougHarvey View Post
Could they do it in English only
lol, thanks DH, you just made my day.

__________________
This is not a time to say goodbye. This is a time to say 'thank you'.

- Ken Dryden
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 03:35 PM
  #6
maci4life
Registered User
 
maci4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Macedonia
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
The habs should revoke ALL press credentials upon full review and then only allow a very limited number of media outlets back with strict rules put in place. if the media outlets know that they will be held accountable and failure to follow the strict guidelines means no more interviews or news reports then i think they'll think twice before running their traps again.

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 03:37 PM
  #7
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by maci4life View Post
The habs should revoke ALL press credentials upon full review and then only allow a very limited number of media outlets back with strict rules put in place. if the media outlets know that they will be held accountable and failure to follow the strict guidelines means no more interviews or news reports then i think they'll think twice before running their traps again.
Agreed. They should even get the Chinese government to help, and even block internet sites that don't follow the strict rules. I mean, enough is enough!

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 03:38 PM
  #8
maci4life
Registered User
 
maci4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Macedonia
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Agreed. They should even get the Chinese government to help, and even block internet sites that don't follow the strict rules. I mean, enough is enough!

learn from the best

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:24 PM
  #9
PKtrollban
PK for Norris
 
PKtrollban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Poutine island
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,508
vCash: 500
Just think about that :

Bergeron : Former Nordiques coach (hated the Habs with passion)

Réjean Tremblay : Covered the Nordiques and still feels bitter at the Habs

Gagnon : a Sens fan. Enough said.

Le Baron : Just a clueless arrogant 'anything that isn't from Quebec' basher.




And now we have these guys covering the Habs on a daily basis, somthing's telling me that the medias does it on purpose, for the ratings, to hire controversial guys that just like to cause reactions on the fans. But when they cross the line (like with what they did to the Kost brothers and Hammer), they should be brought to court for slandering and growing things out of proportion.

EDIT : I like how Price refuses to be interviewed lately, shows he have balls.

PKtrollban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 04:47 PM
  #10
Vasculio
Booya !
 
Vasculio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: La Tuque
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMario View Post
Just think about that :

Bergeron : Former Nordiques coach (hated the Habs with passion)

Réjean Tremblay : Covered the Nordiques and still feels bitter at the Habs

Gagnon : a Sens fan. Enough said.

Le Baron : Just a clueless arrogant 'anything that isn't from Quebec' basher.




And now we have these guys covering the Habs on a daily basis, somthing's telling me that the medias does it on purpose, for the ratings, to hire controversial guys that just like to cause reactions on the fans. But when they cross the line (like with what they did to the Kost brothers and Hammer), they should be brought to court for slandering and growing things out of proportion.

EDIT : I like how Price refuses to be interviewed lately, shows he have balls.
That's where I wonder WTF the CRTC is doing ?

Vasculio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 05:15 PM
  #11
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
The Canadiens could even demand the right of approval of the content of articles, radio and TV shows before they appear. If the media don't comply, they'd have their press credentials revoked. It's that simple.
The press would go to the league to complain, and the league would come down on the Habs like a ton of bricks.

And they'd be right to do so.

Independence of the press is very important for effective journalism. So is responsibility of the press, but trying to enforce responsibility by eliminating independence leads to neither.

Edit: must re-tune sarcasm-o-meter...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 05:54 PM
  #12
HABsurde
Registered User
 
HABsurde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,443
vCash: 500
would you stop with all the media bashing

they exist, accept to live with it

you may not like what they write or the way they handle things concerning the habs BUT

Many players sucked all year, it's not the medias fault
some players got involve in fishy situations, it's not the medias fault
the Habs are use to being secretive with injuries and stuff, more than most team in the league, that's not the medias fault
The habs havec 11 UFA and a team that didn't answer the call this season and it's not the medias fault.

Learn to live that if the habs were the mexico Habs, mexican reporter would probably be protective of their own players and of the spanish language...

Yeah the media sometimes go overboard, but making them more important to the team effectiveness that they are is not very smart thingking

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 06:16 PM
  #13
DaHabMan
Registered User
 
DaHabMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lasalle
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,290
vCash: 500
youd think in a city of 3 million people that breathes hockey you could have at least 3 credible, intuitive and intelligent "experts"

DaHabMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 06:28 PM
  #14
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
youd think in a city of 3 million people that breathes hockey you could have at least 3 credible, intuitive and intelligent "experts"
Err... Dany Dube, Mathias Brunet, Bob Hartley...

That's three right there.

There are some, they just get shouted down by the suck.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 06:33 PM
  #15
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 33,335
vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHabMan View Post
youd think in a city of 3 million people that breathes hockey you could have at least 3 credible, intuitive and intelligent "experts"
Like Mcguire who we bash because he talks against our team?Let's face if they start talking bad about the Habs,we just can't admit it when most is right

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 06:39 PM
  #16
maci4life
Registered User
 
maci4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Macedonia
Posts: 891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
The press would go to the league to complain, and the league would come down on the Habs like a ton of bricks.

And they'd be right to do so.

Independence of the press is very important for effective journalism. So is responsibility of the press, but trying to enforce responsibility by eliminating independence leads to neither.

Edit: must re-tune sarcasm-o-meter...
See UFC media practices on how to deal with media.

I absolutely disagree with the fascist methods that Dana white uses but the league should be on the Habs side on this one and have some control ( much like Zuffa does ). The league cannot go against one of it's storied franchises when the media is tearing up the very heart and sole of the habs.

maci4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2009, 06:41 PM
  #17
MathMan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 17,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Like Mcguire who we bash because he talks against our team?Let's face if they start talking bad about the Habs,we just can't admit it when most is right
Pierre McGuire is hit-and-miss. Rather, no... he's smart and knowledgeable, but he gets carried away way too often, even when he has a good point.

Like how he went ballistic when the Habs didn't get Jokinen. In his mind it was practically a firing offense for Gainey not to give up multiple assets for him. I actually agreed that we could have used a player like Jokinen (and the fact that he was signed for next year was a major bonus in my mind), but the hyperbole was excessive and the decision not to trade for him was justifiable.

I don't mind criticism of the Habs, but keep it in proportion and keep it relevant. McGuire is usually good at the latter, it's the former I have trouble with. Mind you, he's equally effusive with his praise, he's just an extreme personality.

He's a good guy tho. McGuire will actually talk about match-ups during games and it's something that doesn't get talked about enough despite being immensely important.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.