HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Off-season Thread

Old
04-28-2009, 08:12 AM
IrishSniper87

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote View Post
Maybe Brind'amour can come back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
I was really hoping the Hurricanes would have crashed and burned, and that there might have been a small chance to aquire him at the last deadline.
<- Boner

I would love Brindy back in Orange and Black.

<- Boner

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 08:27 AM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
Yea Marty gave up one of those the other day. It was the 4th goal....
Sorry, but unscreened 40 foot slapper does not equal unscreened 20 foot slapper from Gonchar on a 3 on 2 break.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:02 AM
Bennysflyers16

vCash: 50
If Biron wants any sort of raise, bye bye.

Khabby is so good in the playoffs, I would love him for 2 years (if cheap) and get a young back up or draft a goalie in the 1st rd.

Bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:05 AM
BringBackStevens

Send a message via AIM to BringBackStevens
I'd love to upgrade from Biron, but realistically, it would probably make the most sense just to keep him. He's not the reason we haven't been successful

BringBackStevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:23 AM
Mo0sE

Send a message via AIM to Mo0sE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
If Biron wants any sort of raise, bye bye.

Khabby is so good in the playoffs, I would love him for 2 years (if cheap) and get a young back up or draft a goalie in the 1st rd.
Kabby would be awesome to get, but the way he is playing in the playoffs now...I don't think he will be signing for a cheap price anywhere..

Mo0sE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Brophy

Exelby would be rad to have here.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Cleary84

Khabby is definitely looking good in these playoffs, and from what I've seen of him with the Hawks in the regular season I like it. Sign him for 1 or 2 years wouldn't be a bad deal. But I don't know how realistic it would be considering the cap.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Mo0sE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers84 View Post
Khabby is definitely looking good in these playoffs, and from what I've seen of him with the Hawks in the regular season I like it. Sign him for 1 or 2 years wouldn't be a bad deal. But I don't know how realistic it would be considering the cap.
Yeah, his current salary is 6.75 mil per HB's salary chart

Old
04-28-2009, 11:34 AM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Sorry, but unscreened 40 foot slapper does not equal unscreened 20 foot slapper from Gonchar on a 3 on 2 break.
Hardly 20 feet away. More like between the blue line and the top of the circle

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 12:20 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 122
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
We should trade Lupul, Jones and Carle to Tampa for Mike Smith and Steve Downie.

I dont know how that would help us but I dont like those 3 but i like Downie.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 12:28 PM
ComrieFan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
We should trade Lupul, Jones and Carle to Tampa for Mike Smith and Steve Downie.

Are you kidding, Lupol had 25 goals this year. Settle down people from Philly. Stop trying to chase your teams best players out of town and I'm not just talking about hockey. I cant wait to see the reaction from your city when D. Mcnabb has an MVP like season.

ComrieFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 12:33 PM
46zone
Guttersnipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post

I know Skinny Joey would love Downie back on the Flyers!

46zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Mo0sE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComrieFan89 View Post
Are you kidding, Lupol had 25 goals this year. Settle down people from Philly. Stop trying to chase your teams best players out of town and I'm not just talking about hockey. I cant wait to see the reaction from your city when D. Mcnabb has an MVP like season.
yes he did have 25 goals... but he is lazy and incredibly inconsistent.. and for 4.2 mil..I say no thank you...

Old
04-28-2009, 01:35 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
You like Mike Comrie.

Enough said.

Old
04-28-2009, 01:38 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 122
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
I don't want him because of his 4 mil cap hit. He's a good player and all but we have plenty of 25 goal scorers and could use him as a piece of a trade.

Lupul isnt one of our best players. Not even close actually.

And the McNabb bit is irrelevant to me because Im not a big football fan and could care less what the Eagles do.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 06:11 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1213
I am not sure if this has been posted...

http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/f...-face-surgery/
Quote:

Today was breakup day for the Flyers at the Skate Zone in Voorhees and Paul Holmgren just told me that Flyers captain Mike Richards will have surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder on Friday.

Simon Gagne (hip), Antero Niittymaki (hip), Darroll Powe (hip) and Randy Jones (hip) also may face offseason surgeries, Holmgren said.

"That is uh Mine That Bird now to come on to take the lead...In a spectacular, spectacular upset, Mine That Bird has won the Kentucky Derby... an impossible result here!," Tom Durkin. The three degrees of Unbridled.
MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 06:12 PM
UseYourAllusion

What the hell is the deal with the hips?

UseYourAllusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
I am not sure if this has been posted...

http://blogs.courierpostonline.com/f...-face-surgery/
That's a lot of hip. Imagine that - Richards was hurt and showed up for the playoffs. Still nothing on a Carter injury?

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 06:24 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dig Out Your Soul View Post
That's a lot of hip. Imagine that - Richards was hurt and showed up for the playoffs. Still nothing on a Carter injury?
I haven't seen an update from Timmah yet, maybe he will have something.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 06:30 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 6115
Quote:
The disappearing act is a bit annoying, let alone his contract.

He's not "one of our best players." He's very expendable, and is clearly not a core player.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 01:02 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
The list of good players "run out" of Philly by fans who love to hear themselves crow is long and distinguished.

But we're talking about a town where Eric Desjardins was booed every time he touched the puck for a few months.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 01:12 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Are you kidding, Lupol had 25 goals this year. Settle down people from Philly. Stop trying to chase your teams best players out of town and I'm not just talking about hockey. .
Lupul is a streaky one dimentional player. When he isnt scoring goals he is worthless. He doesnt bring anything to the table. Take a look at all the other 20-25 goal scorers on the Flyers. They all bring something to the table when they arent scoring. Except for Lupul.
There is no chasing our best players out of Philly because he isnt even in the top 10 on my list as far as important players.

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 07:40 AM
jb**

I think they will have almost the same team intact as homer created such a cap mess he wont be bale to get out from under it just yet.

1. they need to replace biron. his ship has sailed. he is not the answer. reagrdless if there is only lateral move to replace him you need a change. the players imo have no confidence in him

2. stevens wont be canned but he should. loved his final press conf as he said he stresses fundamentals, yeah ok that is why you team is lazy, undisciplined and have lead the league in penalties 2 years in a row. the gm has already called him out numerous times. has gone to the press with his shortcomings. that = failure. the players dont respect him imo as well. he is very clueless and is unable to adjust during the game

3. the core of this group is to complacent and thinks that their ***** dont stink. they either need a new coach to turn it around or some will have to be moved. that being said you need to give to get. lupul and the like will not garner much. carters value will at an alltime high, see what he can bring back.

4. they need someone to teach them puck control. so many times they have the puck with no pressure and they just turn it over in the neutral zone. that is a disgrace.

5. if they dont get kimmo some help soon he will break down and be useless very soon. carle and jones take up over 6mm in cap space. that is terribel being that both are bottom pairing dman. good luck getting rid of 1 of them. alberts will take back at 1mm or less. knuble i let walk. it is a shame they cant just keep kimmo, coburn, and parent. and bring in 3 new guys.

jb** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 08:25 AM
JXC
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
the core of this group is to complacent and thinks that their ***** dont stink. they either need a new coach to turn it around or some will have to be moved. that being said you need to give to get. lupul and the like will not garner much. carters value will at an alltime high, see what he can bring back.
I think this is the key to it. A lot of people don't like to admit it, preferring to rip the coach or role players, but the reality is that the core group isn't good enough and doesn't care enough.

Pretty disappointing.

I wonder what Carter would fetch in return.

JXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2009, 08:35 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by JXC View Post
I think this is the key to it. A lot of people don't like to admit it, preferring to rip the coach or role players, but the reality is that the core group isn't good enough and doesn't care enough.

Pretty disappointing.

I wonder what Carter would fetch in return.
So in one post you complain about Desjardins getting booed in Philly, THEN you turn around and ask about what Carter would net us in a trade since he had one bad playoff series after scoring over 45 goals in a season.

Yeah, ok.

Maybe give Carter another chance before shipping him off and letting him be a star somewhere else.