HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Things are getting fun at the bottom of the west...

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2004, 10:48 PM
incawg

vCash: 500
Things are getting fun at the bottom of the west...

With edmonton's *HUGE* win tonight, the standings now look like:

7. St. Louis 81 pts, 8 games left
8. Nashville 80 pts, 8 games left
9. Los Angeles 79 pts, 9 games left
10. Edmonton 78 pts, 8 games left

This should be a fun couple of weeks to end the season. I'd love to see LA and Edmonton both sneak in, but my gut tells me that the blues' experience factor is going to help them land one of the last two spots.

Old
03-19-2004, 11:15 PM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
Lots of Big games tomorrow to Lets go Flames Stars and Wings

Old
03-19-2004, 11:18 PM
LuckyLUC20

Go Kings!

It'll be a fun finish, that's for sure. I really want to see the Kings make it obviously ... they've been through so much this year and it would suck to see them not get rewarded for hanging in there and toughing the whole injury situation out.

Old
03-19-2004, 11:22 PM
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

It's kind of sad that at least one of LA, Nashville, and Edmonton have to loose out on the playoffs (and most likely two of them). I think all three teams are hard working, decent teams.

Things are looking much better for the Oilers than they did a week ago; we're still a bit of a long shot, but the team is starting to really roll. Here's to a great couple of weeks of hockey for all of us fans.

Old
03-19-2004, 11:56 PM
Karl Pilkington

I feel bad for Nashville and all.. but God do I ever want the oilers to make the playoffs.. It'll be the first all Canadian sweep (every canadian team making the playoffs) since 1993.. or 1896.. Its one of the two.. anyway its been a long time. And its time for the cup to come back to Canada.
Plus the Oilers play some of the most exciting playoff hockey ever.. no matter who they play.

Old
03-20-2004, 12:09 AM
Freudian
luck paper scissors

vCash: 50
I think Oilers have an excellent chance considering how strong they have looked lately. Full credit to Lowe for going after Nedved which sent a clear signal to the team.

Old
03-20-2004, 12:23 AM
Lobstertainment

Send a message via MSN to Lobstertainment
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseTheo
I feel bad for Nashville and all.. but God do I ever want the oilers to make the playoffs.. It'll be the first all Canadian sweep (every canadian team making the playoffs) since 1993.. or 1896.. Its one of the two.. anyway its been a long time. And its time for the cup to come back to Canada.
Plus the Oilers play some of the most exciting playoff hockey ever.. no matter who they play.
Wait when did Ottawa Join, Before 93 wasn't it? I know they didn't make the playoffs in 93 I'm trying to remember who did

Toronto was in(against the Wings)

Montreal was in(since they won)

Quebec was in(lost 1st round I think, to Montreal if I'm not mistaken)

Winnipeg was in I think

Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary are toss-ups as far as my memory goes.

I'm rooting for Edmonton to make it of course not just for the canadian 6 but because I also just like the Oilers more then any of those teams Listed.

Old
03-20-2004, 01:01 AM
Edler Statesman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by incawg
With edmonton's *HUGE* win tonight, the standings now look like:

7. St. Louis 81 pts, 8 games left
8. Nashville 80 pts, 8 games left
9. Los Angeles 79 pts, 9 games left
10. Edmonton 78 pts, 8 games left
...Vancouver soon to join them

Old
03-20-2004, 01:48 AM
BruinsGirl

LA is my second team and Edmonton is probably #3 but I think Nashville making the playoffs for the first time will be awsome for their fans and the NHL.

I don't know and I am torn. LA deserves it more than the other two with all their hardwork and injuries. Edmonton was one of the most exciting team in the last year playoffs!

Old
03-20-2004, 01:57 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

this has been a heartbreaking month for preds fans. blowing points late...be it...a lead to settle for a tie...or a tie to settle for a loss...it's extremely difficult. the only silver lining is that after tomorrow night's game...our schedule becomes:

anaheim
NYR
Columbus
Chicago
Chicago

and finishing out the season with St Louis at home and Colorado on the road. Compared to LA and Edmonton, who play almost exclusively playoff teams from here on out. sigh, we'll see. i still feel sick over tonight's game, though. pleeease get healthy, york and eaton.

Old
03-20-2004, 03:36 AM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
this has been a heartbreaking month for preds fans. blowing points late...be it...a lead to settle for a tie...or a tie to settle for a loss...it's extremely difficult. the only silver lining is that after tomorrow night's game...our schedule becomes:

anaheim
NYR
Columbus
Chicago
Chicago

and finishing out the season with St Louis at home and Colorado on the road. Compared to LA and Edmonton, who play almost exclusively playoff teams from here on out. sigh, we'll see. i still feel sick over tonight's game, though. pleeease get healthy, york and eaton.
Call me crazy but I think there is a strong possibility that Chicago could play the spoiler down the stretch.. they played a pretty strong game against Vancouver tonight for the OT win and Jocelyn's return could start a lil streak! It is going to be a very interesting end to the season..

Old
03-20-2004, 03:37 AM
MatsSundin13

Send a message via MSN to MatsSundin13 Send a message via Yahoo to MatsSundin13
Oilers are gonna make it...i think theyve showed that they want it the most

Old
03-20-2004, 03:44 AM
Rotting Corpse*

Send a message via AIM to Rotting Corpse* Send a message via MSN to Rotting Corpse*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
And yet it was the Preds who made the Canucks settle for a tie a few days ago. :\

I wouldn't be so sure about all CDN teams making it. I don't think the Canucks are guaranteed in it yet.

Old
03-20-2004, 04:38 AM
Doomsday Device

Location: Gary Coleman's Finishing School for Doomsday Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseTheo
The last time all the Canadian teams made the playoffs was in 1986, when there were 7 teams.

Old
03-20-2004, 11:30 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ryan
And yet it was the Preds who made the Canucks settle for a tie a few days ago. :\

I wouldn't be so sure about all CDN teams making it. I don't think the Canucks are guaranteed in it yet.
Relax. The Canucks would have to finish the season with seven straight regulation losses to miss the playoffs. They're in there. I'd be a little worried about what happens when they get there, though. I don't like their chances against Calgary or Dallas, but most likely, the Flames and Stars will both pass the Canucks, leaving Vancouver 6th and facing San Jose. I can't see the Canucks being favorites against any of those opponents right now.

Old
03-20-2004, 11:40 AM
Vincent Vega

I'd love for The Oilers to make it. It look awesome on Andy Murray if LA made it and Nashville making the playoffs in there 7th(?) year. I'm not a big St. Louis fan but they could make some noise in the playoffs and that would make for a much better playoff. Its close we are just going to have to sit and wait.

Old
03-20-2004, 01:27 PM
Schenn02

I really want the Oilers to make the playoffs. It would be absolutely terrific if ALL Canadian teams made the playoffs. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the standings this morning. GO OILERS GO!!

Old
03-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

I'm hoping for the Kings and one of the Blues or Predators to make it.

Old
03-20-2004, 01:44 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLeafer87
I really want the Oilers to make the playoffs. It would be absolutely terrific if ALL Canadian teams made the playoffs. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the standings this morning. GO OILERS GO!!
Exactly! Go Oilers!

Old
03-20-2004, 02:45 PM
USC Trojans
Thank you, Ales.

We went from being out by six points to being out by two in a span of a week. Not bad...just hope the Oilers can keep it up.

I BELIEVE!!!

Old
03-20-2004, 02:50 PM
s7ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans
We went from being out by six points to being out by two in a span of a week. Not bad...just hope the Oilers can keep it up.

I BELIEVE!!!

HAHAHA USC That is a great avatar! Genius!

Old
03-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by USC Trojans

I BELIEVE!!!
Ya better suck up to yer southern brethern tonight then and wish them luck. I'm sticking my neck out here (again and often) and will say: Mark my words, Calgary WILL win tonight! Oh, and Toronto too.

Old
03-20-2004, 08:41 PM
tiredman

i hope edm, nsh and cgy will make the playoff

Old
03-20-2004, 09:32 PM
morrow1005

Send a message via AIM to morrow1005 Send a message via Yahoo to morrow1005
St Louis suffered a big loss today to Dallas. Its going to be interesting the next 3 weeks. And with that Dallas win they move into 4th place.

Closed Thread