HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs fans outside of North America....

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2004, 03:54 AM
English Hab

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to English Hab Send a message via MSN to English Hab
Habs fans outside of North America....

Hey there people..

Just a quick question to see if there are any other fans who live outside of north america who cheer for our beloved franchise... I can make certain assumptions that there maybe one or two, through handles and stuff though i think it would be nice to see if anybody else out there... spend as much time as i do clocking up airmiles and seating in buses or driving cars to go and see a game ???

let me know folks!!!!

Old
03-20-2004, 06:55 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

hab fan from France, here.

Old
03-20-2004, 07:17 AM
Wisent

I like the Habs and I'm from Germany.

Old
03-20-2004, 07:35 AM
HabsKraut

Another German here... from Berlin. Been a Habs fan since '92 when I lived in Montreal for 1 year to attend Concordia. And, yes ... I was still there for the Cup in '93!!! What a night that was on St. Catherine!!! Now I only get to see 3 to 4 games a year on pay T.V., but I listen to a lot of games on the internet. CJAD. I'm losing quite some sleep, though. But it worth it, isn't it?!

Old
03-20-2004, 07:42 AM
Kerberos*

Send a message via ICQ to   Kerberos* Send a message via MSN to   Kerberos*
I like the habs and I live in Quebec.

Old
03-20-2004, 08:08 AM
prabak11

Send a message via MSN to prabak11 Send a message via Yahoo to prabak11
i like the habs and i live in india

Old
03-20-2004, 11:08 AM
basekase

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Hab
Hey there people..

Just a quick question to see if there are any other fans who live outside of north america who cheer for our beloved franchise... I can make certain assumptions that there maybe one or two, through handles and stuff though i think it would be nice to see if anybody else out there... spend as much time as i do clocking up airmiles and seating in buses or driving cars to go and see a game ???

let me know folks!!!!

I'm a Habs fan living in Doha, Qatar. Not much in the way of hockey in the middle east, but we're working on it. We've currently got a great rec league that plays at a local mall.

It's always tough being here during playoff time, but I'm looking forward to the next trip back home to Canada and the chance to take in a few games...

Old
03-20-2004, 11:36 AM
Chehabi

Send a message via AIM to Chehabi
I'm a Candiens fan from London, UK, where I've been for 7+ years.

Old
03-20-2004, 12:12 PM
English Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chehabi
I'm a Candiens fan from London, UK, where I've been for 7+ years.
where abouts in london????

Old
03-22-2004, 01:32 AM
FinnoHab

I think I've got everyone beat in terms of distance from the Bell Center? I live in Bangkok, Thailand. Been a Habs fans since I started following the NHL, that was back in 1992 or thereabouts, I remember playing EA Sports NHL '93 on my old 486SX/20MHz PC and I'd always be playing as Montreal.. Scoring goals as Brian Skrudland!

Relocated from Finland to Thailand in 1998, since then it's been real hard to see any habs games. Hockey is not exactly a huge sport out here.. No regular season games on TV this year, dunno if they will show the playoffs. Last games I saw were two games from the Bruins series when Koivu came back.

Old
03-22-2004, 02:17 AM
tritone

Holy freak holy!!!! How do you guys follow the games? Do any of you get them on satellite or something?

Old
03-22-2004, 02:39 AM
GG#60

Been a Habs fan since '94 and having a hard time beeing outside NA. 3,4 games a year is all you can ask for.. :mad:
Didn't miss that many games in the last couple years, internet-radio-listening-wise, though

Old
03-22-2004, 02:53 AM
teemu_s

Send a message via ICQ to teemu_s Send a message via MSN to teemu_s
I am a Habs-fan from Finland. And how we follow the games? Via internet-radio, of course.

Old
03-22-2004, 03:47 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone
Holy freak holy!!!! How do you guys follow the games? Do any of you get them on satellite or something?
Nope.
I follow the games thanks to the radio and the internet.
this year, I could watch just one game on tv, a loss to Washington. But I did not know it was broadcasted, and I already knew the result.

Old
03-22-2004, 03:55 AM
HABitual

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu_s
I am a Habs-fan from Finland. And how we follow the games? Via internet-radio, of course.
I thought that it would be easy to find hockey on tv in Finland because it is popular there!

Old
03-22-2004, 05:52 AM
Marksman

Another finn here.

We get about three games per week via satellite. Not enough Habs games for sure, but otherwise the supply is good, if one also follows our native leagues too.

Old
03-22-2004, 08:03 AM
[nixloose] Christoph

Send a message via ICQ to [nixloose] Christoph Send a message via MSN to [nixloose] Christoph
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsKraut
Another German here... from Berlin. Been a Habs fan since '92 when I lived in Montreal for 1 year to attend Concordia. And, yes ... I was still there for the Cup in '93!!! What a night that was on St. Catherine!!! Now I only get to see 3 to 4 games a year on pay T.V., but I listen to a lot of games on the internet. CJAD. I'm losing quite some sleep, though. But it worth it, isn't it?!

I'm from Wolfhagen, Germany... and I can agree with HabsKraut. The next habs game on pay TV is next wednesday against the sabres. But 4 Habs games a season is definitly not enough!
Definitly it's worth to stay awake and lose some sleep to follow the games via CKAC730.

Old
03-22-2004, 08:05 AM
[nixloose] Christoph

Send a message via ICQ to [nixloose] Christoph Send a message via MSN to [nixloose] Christoph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marksman2
Another finn here.

We get about three games per week via satellite. Not enough Habs games for sure, but otherwise the supply is good, if one also follows our native leagues too.
Hi can you give some facts about how you receive the games? (which satellite etc.)

Maybe it's possible to get the games here in Germany, too

Old
03-22-2004, 08:09 AM
Jacques Strappe

Quote:
Now I only get to see 3 to 4 games a year ...
Sounds a lot like Hockey Night in Canada!

Old
03-22-2004, 08:38 AM
HabsKraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques Strappe
Sounds a lot like Hockey Night in Canada!
Well, we get to see 2 to 3 NHL-games per week but unfortunately not that many Habs games among those. That's because the German pay-TV network gets some kind of package from an US network that obviously prefers to show US based teams. We should be able to see some more games during the playoffs, though. Which I'm really looking forward to! The farther they go the more games we'll be able to see. I say: all the way!

Old
03-23-2004, 02:38 PM
[nixloose] Christoph

Quote:
Well, we get to see 2 to 3 NHL-games per week but unfortunately not that many Habs games among those. That's because the German pay-TV network gets some kind of package from an US network that obviously prefers to show US based teams. We should be able to see some more games during the playoffs, though. Which I'm really looking forward to! The farther they go the more games we'll be able to see. I say: all the way!
But not at the beginning of the playoffs! received the program for the first to weeks of april today. it's still 2 to 3 games per week.

Old
03-23-2004, 02:52 PM
L'abstrait

Send a message via MSN to L'abstrait
I live in Montreal , but I lived in Paris a couple of years ago, and I had a though time not seing one game for a whole season.
Now, one of my best friends moved to Paris last years, and he is as much of a die hard Habs fans as I, and he listen to the games on CKAC.com, and watches the highlights on the habs website. Last week, he called Ron Fournier from France... pretty die hard fan if you ask me.

Old
03-23-2004, 02:59 PM
English Hab

I think we'll all agree that in the enjoyment of being a Habs fan, geography can't even hold us back as thanks to the internet, radio and for some of us... we can still manage to keep up to date with our team... however we'd much all prefer season tickets rink side!!!! hahaha

Old
03-23-2004, 03:09 PM
Gros Bill

So far, we have fans from England, Germany, France, Qatar, Thailand, Finland, India, and some joker from Québec. Pretty impressive. We're still looking for fans from Africa, South America and, what the hell, Antarctica, to complete our "tour du monde".

Old
03-23-2004, 03:18 PM
English Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
So far, we have fans from England, Germany, France, Qatar, Thailand, Finland, India, and some joker from Québec. Pretty impressive. We're still looking for fans from Africa, South America and, what the hell, Antarctica, to complete our "tour du monde".
WOW!!!! where Quebec??? is that the place just outside of whatdumecallit thingymejig... if so i'd love to go there one day!!!

No it is actually quite impressive on a serious note... For any other fans from England me and some other Habs fans have managed to arrange a trip or two to catch a game so if your willing to come along let me know and i can inform when the likelhood of our next trip will be...It will most likely be next season... - fingers crossed!!! Though i will be Back in north America in April.. just in time to catch a game and i'm only 4 hours away from montreal.... so lets hope i can get a ticket come playoff time.. which i highly doubt as playoff tickets in Montreal are like rocking horse *****!!!!

Closed Thread