HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price: "I wanted to remind them that booing players don't always help"

Old
04-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Etienne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Agreed but there will always be about a thousand tards who think we should be happy and content that these millionaires can get their jersies on straight and never complain about anything.
You're welcomed to cheer for Toronto if you dislike the current Habs so much. No one's forcing you to be a Habs fan or to buy tickets.

Etienne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:18 PM
Phousse

It seems as if he wore the hat to cover up any expressions in his eyes. He obviously seemed to get choked up at various times in that PC.

Phousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:21 PM
Clumsyhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylife View Post
Very impressive, imo...

(Please merge this if you wish, mods. But I couldn't find the video footage among the threads)

Meuuuuuhhhhhh

Clumsyhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:25 PM
kovalev47

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
Um just because a team doesn't boo doesn't mean the team doesn't cheer. Have we become such an idiotic fanbase that we actually justify our idiotic booing as part of our "atmosphere". have I lost touch with reality here?
Well some of the fans are not thinking clearly though. They are flooded with emotions and alcohol, so their judgement is impaired. In fact, look at these boards after a loss. Some fans here go ballistic and start swearing and blaming players on the team. This effect is magnified at the Bell Center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etienne View Post
How about staying behind the team and cheering even louder like they did in the memorable 5-0 comeback against the Rangers? If the crowd doesn't give up, the players are forced to keep trying. Yesterday's game was over with 25 mins left to play with all the booing and jeering.
I agree that would be the best method and a lot more productive. But, some fans aren't thinking about that during the game. They are caught up in the emotions of the moment. Also my guess is that they're showing displeasure for the product they purchased. When people buy products, they can return the product if it is defective. In the case of the purchase of a hockey ticket, they can't get a refund. I guess in a way a hockey ticket is like a lottery ticket

kovalev47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:27 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev47 View Post
I agree that would be the best method and a lot more productive. But, some fans aren't thinking about that during the game. They are caught up in the emotions of the moment. Also my guess is that they're showing displeasure for the product they purchased. When people buy products, they can return the product if it is defective. In the case of the purchase of a hockey ticket, they can't get a refund. I guess in a way a hockey ticket is like a lottery ticket
I was at the at the game when the Canes eliminated the Habs with a 8-2 win. I didnt boo specific players. I left after the 2nd period. That sends a message too. But at least I didnt lower my self to the level some do.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Reve4Shab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmusch View Post
The things is : this team is a joke for the last 6 mounth.
The crowd Booed Price, Gainey, and all the players because they deserved it.
Try to tell me they don't.
Tell me your were happy in front of your t.v.

"I have 21,000 bosses"
MAN!!!! Your damn right you have 21,000 bosses!
300$ dollars for the tickets, yes I'm your boss. I follow the team 82 games a year, yes I'm your boss. If I'm not there, you are not there either, I'm your boss.
The guts they have make me sick.
This conference was the right time to make excuses, to tell your boss you are sorry for this painful season.
No, they blames us for booing this loosy, non-competetive, *****, team who choked again, for the last time, yesterday.
I'd be lying if I said I'm sastisfied with the season we had but everything that could have gone wrong went wrong this season and some things can't be controlled like injuries.

Gainey was pretty much in a lose/lose situation at the trade deadline with the center depth problem. If he doesn't get anyone, everybody say he's sleeping and if he gets someone like Antropov, we probably get knocked out in first round anyway and people will say Gainey is an idiot and we lost a prospect/pick for nothing.

Concerning the effort, they gave everything they had in the first period but that wasn't even enough because you can't do much against the 1st position with an AHL defense (Oby, Webber, Kommy playing like crap, Hammer looked bad on the first goal...) and an injured/underachieving offense.

I can understand what you say by saying the team has been a joke for the last 6 months and I got to agree with you on that one but saying the crowd booed price because he deserved it is simply hating for the sake of hating. I can understand that some people wanted to see Halak in the net but don't blame Price because he is playing, he isn't the one who decided FFS and he isn't the reason neither why we lost (he could have stopped kessel but he was offside, the 3 other goals were the results of ****** defense).

You say the 21 000 thousands fans are his boss, well that's just ********, that's not because I pay to go to a music show that I have the right to say to the band that they suck because they aren't playing as well as I wanted. Even if you say the fans are his boss, if my boss come see me and blame me for something that is not my fault, I'll let him know that it's not, I won't simply shut up so what's the difference between me and my boss and Price and his "Bosses"? Why wouldn't get have the right to say what's on his mind

Last edited by Reve4Shab: 04-23-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Reve4Shab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 10:57 PM
habby1197

Ok, so I heard about this... wanted to see what was actually said.

We shouldn't be too down after a loss because as you can see, they aren't. Go ask Patrick Roy to do a stupid interview like that after losing a playoff game and he would punch you in the face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8BF6sIrmeM

habby1197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:15 PM
suprez

Some ppl forgot he's a ****ing human.With emotion and all the packages.It's like being bullied in school by the entire class and after you wonder why the bullied kids cry in a corner.

He's down here on the ice while 21000 ppl watch his every movement.Put yourself in his shoes one sec.Thefanbase in Montreal getting worse and worse..

Seriously ... it's seem every ex-bullies goes to the bell center.They should do a IQ check before allowing someone to enter.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:15 PM
Le depisteur

Save %, 2009 playoffs

Evgeni Nabokov .890
Nikolai Khabibulin .883
Carey Price .878
Steve Mason .878

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le depisteur View Post
Evgeni Nabokov .890
Nikolai Khabibulin .883
Carey Price .878
Steve Mason .878
Fair point.

Anyone who blames price should take a look at our PP percentage.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmusch View Post
300$ dollars for the tickets, yes I'm your boss. I follow the team 82 games a year, yes I'm your boss. If I'm not there, you are not there either, I'm your boss.
You're not their boss and you never will be. What you are is a customer.

You see, what you pay for is a product. Entertainment. If you don't like the product, don't pay for it. If you keep paying for a product you don't like, it's your own damn fault. Nobody is forcing you to buy it.

You willingly paid for a product which, as you said, had been terrible (to be more accurate, you used the word "joke") for months and now you're crying because you weren't satisfied with it

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:28 PM
Shabutie

Random piece of information...but did anyone know that Dandenault was actually one of the players that scored on Roy that night?

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:34 PM
HamiltonSteelhawks*

As a Bruins fan who has hoped for Price's failure ever since he left Hamilton, I have never ever felt more sorry for an opposing teams player in my life.

Let's summarize game four shall we:

Goal 1: Hamrlik giveaway. Ryder point blank from the hash marks
Goal 2: Higgins loses battle with Krejci leading to a two on one
Goal 3: Kessel on a breakaway after Price had to stop two breakaways already
Goal 4: Cross ice pass to a wide open Ryder

How on earth you can blame your goaltender (regardless of age) is beyond me. Why does there ALWAYS need to be a scape goat? And in reality, Gainey was a lot more responsible then Carey.

Ah well...he'll bounce back.

HamiltonSteelhawks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:50 PM
Frankenheimer

I feel sorry for him and that's not the best feeling to have about a Montreal Canadiens goalie. He's an extremely sensitive individual, perhaps too sensitive. It's not going to get easier for him in Montreal, but hopefully fans won't boo him anymore.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:53 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

he seems really honest out there. Not as if somebody told him what to say

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:55 PM
Hockeyfan68

This wasn't price's fault at all. I've read several of you stating the truth in here and that is that Price actually played very well behind an injury depleted D line.

I saw Price save at least 3 goals per game that should have been goals.

Just my opinion I know but it seems so harsh in Montreal on goaltenders sometimes when the real problem is Gainey and injuries.

Gainey should have seasoned Price in the AHL for 2 years which is what the AHL is for. A professional league with speed close to the NHL level utilizing the parent club's systems.

The bruins have seasoned Tuukka rask in the AHL for a couple of seasons and I am sure he is our backup next year to try and steal Tim Thomas' job.

Price shouldn't have been rushed, Huet was a good goalie (still is) and should have been there until Price was older. I mean jeez he is just 20 years old, anyone who knows anything about hockey knows that a goaltender isn't worth a crap until he 25 or older.

It is the toughest position to play. Anyway he looked okay from my viewpoint of being a bruins fan. He did his job well enough to win ... he isn't Luongo or Lundqvist .... YET but he will be if he isn't ruined from the pressures of having to win stanley cups in Montreal.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2009, 11:58 PM
Hockeyfan68

I watched that and I too feel badly for him. He looks like his dog died or something.

As I said in the other thread here I felt he had a great series and robbed the bruins of at least 3 guaranteed goals each game he played.

A depleted D line seemed more the problem than himself.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:09 AM
suprez

Carey was very very anxious during that press conference.His body language was not very good.He looked like a guy that was ready to be laughed at.He was Very Very Shaky..

He probably had a (Gros chat dans la gorge) .. Plus that body lnguage .. Oh man ..Oh MAN!!!

Don't worry Carey.Life it's not easy ... but later you can control your anxiety better.

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Duff88

"You don't look like an happy person. You look depressed, down..."

What kind of an ******* do you have to be to ask such a question?

Duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:24 AM
grill vogel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88 View Post

Seriously. What kind of a donky question is that?

grill vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:31 AM
Habs514

Quote:

That has to be the dumbest question ever.

Habs514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:32 AM
MarkovsKnee

Way to beat it into him that in Montreal life with the media can be hell, media.

Excellent answers though I was impressed.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:

great reporting there

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 12:52 AM
Habs

'Emo' Price scares me a bit.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 02:22 AM
nORRis8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonSteelhawks View Post
Let's summarize game four shall we:

Goal 1: Hamrlik giveaway. Ryder point blank from the hash marks
Goal 2: Higgins loses battle with Krejci leading to a two on oneGoal 3: Kessel on a breakaway after Price had to stop two breakaways already
Goal 4: Cross ice pass to a wide open Ryder

Actually it started when Komisarek who was all excited about laying the body to Lucic at centre-ice. Just before he hit Lucic, he forwarded the puck up ice to Krejci. Komisarek was no where to be found on the play.

nORRis8* is offline   Reply With Quote