HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

Gainey says Lightning were a "big reason" for Habs collapse...

Closed Thread

Old
04-26-2009, 03:09 AM
BoltSTH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsp View Post
Oh please.

3 points:

1) Brian Lawton will be gone as GM of TB long before Bob Gainey decides to leave his post.

2) Unlike many of the Quebec media, BG is not hell-bent on Lecavillier and his albatross contract. He has 5 years of solid hockey ahead of him but has another 10 years of 11 million dollar cap hit.

3) Boyle, Melrose, Recchi, Torterella....Need I say more about Brian Lawton's integrity? Thankfully TB won't have a hab ante to play against other teams. Not that there will be many teams knocking on the door to take on Lecav's contract. TB needed MTL more than MTL need TB.
1. I hope Gainey stays so the Habs contimue their downward spiral
2. Irrelevant. Vinnie is not going anywhere. Nor Marty
3. Boyle trade was before Lawton was GM. Mullet firing was justified and again Lawton was not GM when he was hired, Recchi said he would be to be fine as a rent a player, and would consider coming back if he did not retire. Torts fired before Lawton was GM

Last edited by BoltSTH: 04-26-2009 at 03:19 AM.
Old
04-26-2009, 05:04 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 169
Quote:

3) Boyle, Melrose, Recchi, Torterella....Need I say more about Brian Lawton's integrity? Thankfully TB won't have a hab ante to play against other teams. Not that there will be many teams knocking on the door to take on Lecav's contract. TB needed MTL more than MTL need TB.
I think you might either want to brush up on your knowledge or not post.

I'm hoping for the latter but if you want to explain what Lawton has to do with Boyle, Melrose and Tortorella or what he did wrong with turning a 40 year old UFA that received exactly one contract offer in the summer into Lashoff and Karsums then go ahead.

04-26-2009, 05:44 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
I think you might either want to brush up on your knowledge or not post.

I'm hoping for the latter but if you want to explain what Lawton has to do with Boyle, Melrose and Tortorella or what he did wrong with turning a 40 year old UFA that received exactly one contract offer in the summer into Lashoff and Karsums then go ahead.

I still think that he has made a couple of good trades, that one in particular and the Carle trade. I mean we now have Lashoff and Downie, but he just seems to take it too far, I mean we didnt need to trade Eminger again, just trade a player once in a season and then stop, just stop.

Old
04-26-2009, 01:48 PM
CSampson

Quote:
Oh please.

3 points:

1) Brian Lawton will be gone as GM of TB long before Bob Gainey decides to leave his post.

2) Unlike many of the Quebec media, BG is not hell-bent on Lecavillier and his albatross contract. He has 5 years of solid hockey ahead of him but has another 10 years of 11 million dollar cap hit.

Oh boy...

Old
04-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Tokala

Quote:
While I will agree that the contract will be an anchor, just like Brad Richards' contract was, it would be nice if people would at least be smart enough to know the terms of the contract. The cap hit is not $10M for 11 years! It's "only" $7.7M. So get the facts straight before you start trollin' the Lightning boards.

Old
04-26-2009, 05:55 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Oh please.

3 points:

I'm so ****ing glad we have Habs fans that know soooooooo much more about hockey than us redneck ********. Then they can come in here and make genious posts like this one. Thanks for being so ****ing smart and educating us all.

Old
04-26-2009, 07:41 PM
Hockeyfan02

This thread has run it's course.

Closed Thread