HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

KHL Reduces Salaries by up to 50%

Old
04-24-2009, 01:26 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Bringing them in could give us even more flexibility towards a trade too.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:39 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Yea umm, when did Jagr not give a crap?
I hate it when people talk based on their own assumptions with no idea about what they're talking about.
Jagr is well known to be a pretty headcase for the coaches, just like Kovalev, he doesnt always put the effort, since he left Pittsburg he isnt the same player, looked depressive to me in his last few years in the NHL..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:42 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post

They're both 4-5-6th Ds.

Perezhogin: Better stats than any player on the Habs in the AHL. Dominated everywhere untill he got in the NHL, although he had a PPG production until relegated to the 3rd/4th line after Zednik came back. Was very good for us in the playoffs he played in. Big strong (not overly physical, but not shy) guy with incredible speed, good hands, never had negative +/- season in his career, has dominated the RSL in the past two years offensively, won the RSL championship last year, will most likely be part of the russian national team at WC, a serious kid (not à la Kostitsyns).... yean, I know we have D'agostini.
I just saw his name on the Russian roster, hope he will play and we will have the opportunity to see him..

Old
04-24-2009, 02:16 AM
Orange

I'd welcome Perezhogin back with open arms. I always felt like the stick swinging incident weighted on him mentally. I figured a fresh start somewhere else could be conducive to a return in the NHL.

Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 02:34 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
I'd welcome Perezhogin back with open arms. I always felt like the stick swinging incident weighted on him mentally. I figured a fresh start somewhere else could be conducive to a return in the NHL.
fingers crossed, would give Gainey the opportunity to trade for Lecavalier without hurting the depth too much.. and Im pretty sure Perezhogin will bounce back and will help our team progressing.. he gained some maturity now.. The wings were knew to let their europeens prospect develop and dominate in their respective league.. It worked with Datsyuk, Zetterbeg, Franzen, Samuelsson, I cant see why it wouldnt work with Perez again, a guy like Savard couldnt understand why the kid hadnt developed better, he thought he would become a solid top 6 in the NHL, but we understand better now what was wrong with this team.. With Kovy gone, I expect our russians kids to blossom big time and everyone will see the Kovy bashers were right about his bad influence on the team..

Come on Bob, make Perez an offer he cant refuse, its really worth the risk..

Old
04-24-2009, 06:41 AM
felixd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
Development doesn't stop once you hit the NHL. You have to nurture talented players into complete packages. It takes patience, the kind of patience we'll need unless we want to have to rebuild yet again.

Price, the Kostitsyns, Pacioretty, D'Agostini, Weber, O'Byrne, Maxwell, McDonagh, Subban and company all have terrific potential, and that means you have to be patient in order to get the best possible product out on the ice. It might take up to 4 seasons before you see that.

We gave Perezhogin less than 2 seasons. We're giving the Kostitsyns 2 (even less for Sergei). Same with Price.

Let's not repeat the same mistake over and over again. That's called insanity.
I agree with the bolded part 100%. If I remember correctly though, we didn't give up on Perezhogin, he gave up on North America....

Anyways I haven't seen him play in years, maybe has improved a lot and would help us out. I just didn't like what I saw the first time around.

felixd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 06:51 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 50
KHL = Fail
I knew this was going to happen sooner rather then later.
Players will start flocking back too the NHL soon enough

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 06:52 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Yea umm, when did Jagr not give a crap?
I hate it when people talk based on their own assumptions with no idea about what they're talking about.
Most of his time in Washington

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Cull909

Send a message via AIM to Cull909
I'd think that adding Perez to Laps, and Lats might work as a good third line. I like TKost, but think the two kids need someone with more offensive upside to complete that line, and make it a third line, instead of a border line 3rd/ 4th.

To those that know Korneev, and Emelin, can either step into the Habs lineup next year? If so, it could effect how some UFA's are treated, and of course what will happen to Ryan O

Cull909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:53 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kosteegin View Post
How much does Korneev currently make there per year?
I heard he makes only 400K, so I would think if true he'd be up for a big raise, but if they are cutting salary, I wonder how that will effect him. Hopefully the Habs can jump in and work out a deal that both sides are happy with. Would love to see what he can do over here, put him with Markov in the preseason to see how he handles himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
What about Valentenko?
Valentenko is under contract in the KHL next year, so I would assume he will be in the KHL again next year.

Quote:
I don't think the top players will get salary cuts... I do hope it's enough to scare them though. Perezhogin would be a good and cheap solution for the Habs.
I don't know if the top players will get salary cuts, oil has been creeping back up and it's almost their busy season, so a spike in oil should really help the Russian economy (assuming that spike happens) As for Perezhogin, I'd welcome him back but from what I've heard, don't expect it to happen.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Matt714*

Send a message via MSN to Matt714*
Quote:
Dominated everywhere untill he got in the NHL
Didn't he play with Downey and Bégin ?

Matt714* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt714 View Post
Didn't he play with Downey and Bégin ?
Started his nhl career in a really hot line with Kovalev and Koivu, until Zednik came back from his groin injury and Julien broke his most productive line. He got juggled a lot that season, but in 2006-2007, he mostly played in the 3rd line with Bonk and Mike Johnson in a really effective shutdown line. His bad hooking penalties got him in Carbonneau's doghouse.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

I'd LOVE to see Perezhogin and Korneev come over to NA.

Emelin, not as much as those 2..but I think he's the more likely of the 3.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 09:12 AM
Riverboat Gambler

Beauty!

Riverboat Gambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 09:23 AM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

YES! I really hope Perezhogin comes back!!!!

he might have learned how not to hook

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 10:02 AM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I'd LOVE to see Perezhogin and Korneev come over to NA.

Emelin, not as much as those 2..but I think he's the more likely of the 3.
Perezhogin has a lot of talent. He was just too new in montreal to be asked to play a bigger roll on the team and ended up on the 3rd line all the time and would not get much PP time. So he chose to go to Europe.

I remember when I was at a game, Alex did a crazy move between his legs to pass a defense, but the call was blown down for some reason. I think it was an offside.. But the crowed still "oooed" and "wowed" on the play.. That was when I started to see how much talent the guy really had handling the puck. And with time that talent translated into lots of offense in the KHL. I don't think hockey in Russia has ever been this deep so it's no small achievement to be in the top 10 in scoring there...

With the experience he has and the fact that he's proven to be very good, I can't see why the new Habs coach wouldn't give him a legit chance to get lots of minutes in Montreal..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 10:20 AM
Magic33

We need all the d-men we can get. Bring them over here asap and see what they can do. I loved Perez also, hopefully he can come back. All of these would be good additions without subtraction so its beneficial to try and get them over here.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 10:54 AM
TheCH*

Be awesome to get Emelin, Korneev and Perezhogin over here.

TheCH* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 10:57 AM
gillyguzzler

I liked Perez when he played in Montreal. I don't think he ever got a fair shake. He was young and homesick and was offered a big contract in Russia... so he left. Now, he's more mature and maybe would thrive if he returned. Is he the type of player we need to add however? Maybe he would be more usefull as trade bait...

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 11:25 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Having those three Hasb properties back might just be worth it. Perezhogin looks to have matured on and off the ice and might be that offensive spark we need...ok one of them we need a few.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 11:33 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

Has Bob mentioned anything at all lately about Perezhogin?

With all of the UFA's we have, now might be the best time to offer him a contract.

There's no doubt in my mind he'd get more ice time now then he did with us a few years ago.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 11:38 AM
kernkraft

With Perez, I can't help but think of the Semin scenario. Could be similar results (older and not the same talent obviously). 91 points in 105 games in the KHL where they don't count secondary assists is pretty good. He's 6'0 but 211 lbs and really fast.

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 11:39 AM
mtl_felix

I would LOVE to have Perezhogin back. He think he matured into a really good player over there.

mtl_felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Davebo
beep beep

I don't want ANY player that's fled his obligations here for a fatter pay cheque over there, and now is crying to come back to the big league.

Screw 'em.

Davebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 11:42 AM
HabsPack

I'd like to see Perez back, but wouldn't be surprised if he's traded and flourish somewhere else in the NHL (hopefully not within the division, moslty the Laffs). Personally I'd rather have Grabs than SKost as I feel he's a better hockey player with more upside, so what do I know.

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote