HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4/24/09| ecqf game 5| new york @ washington| 7pm msg (hd)

Closed Thread

Old
04-24-2009, 09:39 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I am going in an optimistic route here and say that this is all of Tortorella's plan. Like some good cop bad cop thing. The Rangers don't take well to discipline and Tortorella was going to sacrifice himself to get his team fired up for game 6. It's a stretch, but there is no way that Tortorella thought his plan was going to work.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
The goalie in Wash has let up 3 goals in 4 playoff games registering an impressive 0,750 GAA. 3 goals in 97 SOG. 0.965 save %. 2 shutouts. but he nonetheless seems shaky - especially with the puck & outside the net. We need to bombard him at The Garden!!!!
I could probably post those numbers against our "offense". It's pathetic.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:40 PM
The Thomas J.*

Drury with the Classic, you gotta put this one behind you, than someone starts blasting music & the song was "I feel Good" by james brown, Drury looks clearly annoyed & makes some type of facial gesture.

I like Drurys Ranger Tee-shirt, it says GET IT DONE NYR!

Old
04-24-2009, 09:40 PM
jrd303

Drury, take the *** puss off your face and lead. the message is forget about it and be happy to go home. This is your best chance to close. I know it's frustrating that you're hurt but put it to the side and inspire the *** team.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:41 PM
shon

I have to mention. ...fans are quick to be down on Girardi but .. he has played very well. him and Staal are solid. Callie and Dubi are carrying this team. along of course with Henrik.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:42 PM
The Thomas J.*

Drury should dump a vat of stale beer on the team.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:42 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
You would have saved the Drury goal probly as well tho

Old
04-24-2009, 09:44 PM
nyrfan519

Ever since I got my Zherdev jersey for Xmas he has sucked. And I doubt he'll be back next year...the jersey is a waste.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:44 PM
In The Flesh

wow, jones and brian engblom totally ripped Z apart, deserving, but damn

Old
04-24-2009, 09:48 PM
BBKers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
BTW Chimp & Ola - i hate myself for saying this *jinx* - but somehow i get a Bad Deja-Vu feeling (a la Red in Plutoon) over this series & The HV71 - Timrå series in SEL playoffs this spring. Timrå - my brothers coached team - up 3-1 yet not dominating in any games really. Lose 5th game and series goes to Timrå. Game goes to Sudden death and the Timrå defender as last man has the blade fall of his skate causing turnover and win for HV71 that go on to close out and turn it around 4 games to 3 at home. Anyone wanna bet that it is Wade Reddens blade that falls off in OT on Sunday???
BOY WAS per angry after that loss....

Old
04-24-2009, 09:49 PM
jrd303

Again, I love Staal, but he needs more than 3 hits in the game. There's room for him to improve and I hope he finds it.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:51 PM
jrd303

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
Ever since I got my Zherdev jersey for Xmas he has sucked. And I doubt he'll be back next year...the jersey is a waste.
You need to do the anti Boomer move and put that sucker in the oven.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:52 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd303 View Post
Drury, take the *** puss off your face and lead. the message is forget about it and be happy to go home. This is your best chance to close. I know it's frustrating that you're hurt but put it to the side and inspire the *** team.
The leadership will not come from Drury. Each player will have to find it in themselves.

The team does not have a leader in the lockerroom. No guy who can do the 'win one for the ...' thing.

Very weird game. Only a few players showed up.

Very weird.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:52 PM
BBKers

BTW Chimp & Ola - i hate myself for saying this *jinx* - but somehow i get a Bad Deja-Vu feeling (a la Red in Plutoon) over this series & The HV71 - Timrå series in SEL playoffs this spring. Timrå - my brothers coached team - up 3-1 yet not dominating in any games really. Lose 5th game and series goes to Timrå. Game goes to Sudden death and the Timrå defender as last man has the blade !!! (YES TRUE*) fall of his skate causing turnover and win for HV71 that go on to close out and turn it around 4 games to 3 at home. Anyone wanna bet that it is Wade Reddens blade that falls off in OT on Sunday???
BOY WAS per angry after that loss...

Old
04-24-2009, 09:55 PM
jrd303

I love how Torts handles the media. Keeps it focused on the game instead of the periphery and tells it like it is. That's what NY respects and how you cut the storm off at the precipice. Kill the emotional hysterics and cut down to the meat of the matter. No BS just talking about what it takes to win. I loved Renney but I have a ton of Respect for Torts. It's really clear they're both fine coaches and this team is scatterbrained.

Kovalchuk needs to find his way here no matter the cost. It's a waste to have Hank with no one to give him a chance. I'd give up Staal as untouchable as I feel about him. Kovy and Hank is, IMO, better than Staal and Hank and if that's what it takes it kills me to say I'd do it.

Old
04-24-2009, 09:58 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plato View Post
Varlamov is far form garbage... Get your facts straight.
I've been watching all the games too, pal. He looks shaky, bobbles the puck, falls on his ass after taking a shot to the chest, and usually puts out a nice fat rebound after the first shot. Any team with more skill and grit than the Rangers would have sent that kid packing a few games ago. Only once was I impressed tonight with a save he made tonight and that was a glove save on an unscreened shot from Girardi at the point. I was impressed because the kid didn't let up a rebound. That should tell you something right there.

I'm venting. Leave me be.

Old
04-24-2009, 10:00 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon View Post
I have to mention. ...fans are quick to be down on Girardi but .. he has played very well. him and Staal are solid. Callie and Dubi are carrying this team. along of course with Henrik.
The important thing to remember is that each game is different. Some games you have guys who standout above others, and they are instantly recognizable.

Tonight, it's impossible to find a NYR star, because if they don't play a good team game, nobody looks good.

And that's the Gospel about tonight's game.

The TEAM sucked.

Old
04-24-2009, 10:11 PM
philbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
Burn it.

Old
04-24-2009, 10:11 PM
mti79

Ok... now that I've calmed down a bit here's my take:

The Caps adjusted. Instead of trying to fire 40 shots at Hank, they played a bit more conservative. They didn't let us get into their zone with any momentum and really controlled play the entire game. They forced us into mistakes and counter punched all night long. The SH goal was bad. Rosey fell or whatever and Drury got outplayed for the puck and it cost us. The 2nd goal was one that Hank should've had. Semin's goal was bad luck + Semin's skill. The 4th was all AO.

This game is over. Put it in the past and move one. Don't dwell on it. We need to find a way to create some offense because if Washington plays like they did tonight, they're not going to just give us a transition game. They're going to force us to be better. Hopefully Torts and co can get this team to play the proper way. Hopefully this game serves as a wake up call for the Rangers that we can't just rely on Hank to win it all for us. We're going to need offense to get through this.

I'm optimistic. I think Avery comes back Sunday with a vengeance. I think Hank comes back as a wall. I think we win the game on Sunday. Going into game 1, if you were told we'd have a chance to close it out at home in game 6, how many of us would've taken it? My guess is most of us. Let's Go Rangers!

Old
04-24-2009, 10:12 PM
jrd303

I think the story of tonight's game is the texture of play resembled what everyone thought was going to happen going into the series. The Rangers offense fizzled and couldn't handle the caps forwards.

there's more than enough talent to score the goals it's the offensive effort and the god forsaken PP. I saw a team tonight that's exhausted from giving everything they had the first 4 games. The first goal is important in the playoffs but in this series it's the be all and end all. Neither team has the confidence to really play from behind.

Old
04-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
When I hear corsi 👇

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
I'd rather see Mark Bell over Voros, such a waste of space. This felt like Game 3 did, a pre-season game.

Old
04-24-2009, 10:17 PM
DoTheBlue
Great Expectations

pathetic

Old
04-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
wow, jones and brian engblom totally ripped Z apart, deserving, but damn
He missed a wide open net for gods sake. The only other times I noticed him was when he was giving the puck away in our end or flopping around on the ice like a fish out of water.

Like I said in the other thread, we can't score on a team that has a rookie backup goalie in and a coach that claims Tom Poti is thier best defensive defender, thats just friggin messed up.

Old
04-24-2009, 10:22 PM
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Ok... now that I've calmed down a bit here's my take:

The Caps adjusted. Instead of trying to fire 40 shots at Hank, they played a bit more conservative. They didn't let us get into their zone with any momentum and really controlled play the entire game. They forced us into mistakes and counter punched all night long. The SH goal was bad. Rosey fell or whatever and Drury got outplayed for the puck and it cost us. The 2nd goal was one that Hank should've had. Semin's goal was bad luck + Semin's skill. The 4th was all AO.

This game is over. Put it in the past and move one. Don't dwell on it. We need to find a way to create some offense because if Washington plays like they did tonight, they're not going to just give us a transition game. They're going to force us to be better. Hopefully Torts and co can get this team to play the proper way. Hopefully this game serves as a wake up call for the Rangers that we can't just rely on Hank to win it all for us. We're going to need offense to get through this.

I'm optimistic. I think Avery comes back Sunday with a vengeance. I think Hank comes back as a wall. I think we win the game on Sunday. Going into game 1, if you were told we'd have a chance to close it out at home in game 6, how many of us would've taken it? My guess is most of us. Let's Go Rangers!
Well said. As bad as the Rangers looked tonight, with any kind of luck, or played on a professional ice surface, it's a 1-0 loss, or we're still playing.

I contend Rozsival fell because of the "ice" (read: swimming pool) they were playing on. BOTH teams were flopping around and NEITHER team could really generate anything because of that so called ice in Washington.

I think Game 6 is completely different.

Old
04-24-2009, 10:25 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

were up 3-2 but after tonite, feels like we are the team trailing.

going back to the garden will make a huge difference. this team pretty much mailed this game in.

i may be the contrarian here, but i think not playing avery tonite was brilliant by torts. took the heat off him, hes no longer the story. we were prolly gonna lose tonites game with or without him, so why not take him out and make sure he doesnt get suspended tonite and not available for sunday, let him rest and watch, pay his price, and come out like a wildman sunday. if he plays under control but with passion, hes set to have a huge game and that spark in the garden will get us the series win.

its all set up, avery with a huge goal in the clinching game to say a big

EF U to everyone.

i love it

Closed Thread