HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Season Reflection - Eliotte Friedman CBC

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-24-2009, 01:05 PM
  #1
Giontatas
Registered User
 
Giontatas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Season Reflection - Eliotte Friedman CBC

Good article, glad to see not everyone is jumping the ship.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/2009/...from_a_lo.html

Quote:
It’s some of the best advice I’ve ever received: Never make important decisions in overly emotional moments. Right now, everyone in the Montreal organization should listen.
One quote that really irks me. I hope to g-d it isn't true.
Quote:
Some of them – Kostitsyns – might be beyond repair and need an immediate change of scenery.

Giontatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:12 PM
  #2
Fire Brunet*
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: .-.
Posts: 5,388
vCash: 500
Wow I love Eliotte Friedman (no homo)

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
  #3
Markovskaya
Registered User
 
Markovskaya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 885
vCash: 500
Trade the bros, pleck and gorges for a 1st center !

Markovskaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:13 PM
  #4
SpreeEndaz
Registered User
 
SpreeEndaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Around MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,550
vCash: 500
At first, I read "News Article Season Refection" and it was kinda making sense in my head.

SpreeEndaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:18 PM
  #5
WhiskeySeven
H0CKEYY1NS1DERR
 
WhiskeySeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 16,258
vCash: 500
Patrick Roy for coach :p

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:19 PM
  #6
Jigger77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,827
vCash: 500
It's really incredible to read this and then read that pathetic excuse for an article about Gainey that Réjean Tremblay wrote. It's incredible how well thought out this is in comparison.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:19 PM
  #7
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,714
vCash: 500
yeah... trade the bros... lets make sure they come back to kill us like Ryder!

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:21 PM
  #8
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
That's the best article i've ever read on the Habs. I've always liked Friedman but he just went up a notch to me. I don't necessarily agree with trading the Kostitsyns though.. I think they need more time.

Funny enough he also pinpoints style changes in Price's game like some did here..

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:22 PM
  #9
JackieChan
Registered User
 
JackieChan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
yeah... trade the bros... lets make sure they come back to kill us ...
... on the dance floor?

JackieChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:23 PM
  #10
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChan View Post
... on the dance floor?
on the ice?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:25 PM
  #11
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
That's the best article i've ever read on the Habs. I've always liked Friedman but he just went up a notch to me. I don't necessarily agree with trading the Kostitsyns though.. I think they need more time.

Funny enough he also pinpoints style changes in Price's game like some did here..
It's very, very evident how much his game has changed since he joined the team. I think following the injury this year, it changed even more than before. Maybe because he wasn't 100%, Rollie was trying to get him to stay in the net to stop him from moving so much, I don't know.

But it's pretty easy to watch a game from last year to this year to see how much his style changed and in my opinion, his game has regressed because of it.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:25 PM
  #12
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
on the ice?
They have a better chance of killing you on the dance floor, just based on the way they danced away from every confrontation this year.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:25 PM
  #13
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,303
vCash: 500
I thought this was well-written, and I agree with him when he says the BIGGEST priority is to hire THE coach. Gainey needs to find that guy - and I think that he might even hire an anglophone head coach.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:27 PM
  #14
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Maybe because he wasn't 100%, Rollie was trying to get him to stay in the net to stop him from moving so much, I don't know.
If he did tell Price this he DOES need to be fired... Price was a monolith before, he barely moved and made everything look so easy. Now he's flailing all over the place.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:28 PM
  #15
HabsPack
 
HabsPack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,283
vCash: 500
If the Kost's are traded, then hopefully it's to the Western Conference. I didn't like hearing Ryder was signed by Boston and Grabs traded for peanuts to Toronto at the time, and still don't.

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:29 PM
  #16
Iwishihadacup
Registered User
 
Iwishihadacup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Quebec City
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
They have a better chance of killing you on the dance floor, just based on the way they danced away from every confrontation this year.
just like Andrei's 23 goals?


keep on trying

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:31 PM
  #17
Bad Natey
#feelthelove
 
Bad Natey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,808
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
If he did tell Price this he DOES need to be fired... Price was a monolith before, he barely moved and made everything look so easy. Now he's flailing all over the place.
He barely moved before because he would be in position to just catch the puck in his waist and cover up. Or something to the effect, but he did move to get into those positions because he'd be cutting down the angle so much.

However, if anyone has watched his game in the last while, he does all his moving now on his knees. It's kind of pathetic, considering he's not that type of goalie. If a guy like Halak or Thomas or Hasek does that, fine, it's the way they got to the NHL. It's not the way Price became a #5 overall pick.

Bad Natey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:41 PM
  #18
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,237
vCash: 500
good article.

and price needs to go back to his roots.

Nedved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:41 PM
  #19
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
He barely moved before because he would be in position to just catch the puck in his waist and cover up. Or something to the effect, but he did move to get into those positions because he'd be cutting down the angle so much.

However, if anyone has watched his game in the last while, he does all his moving now on his knees. It's kind of pathetic, considering he's not that type of goalie. If a guy like Halak or Thomas or Hasek does that, fine, it's the way they got to the NHL. It's not the way Price became a #5 overall pick.
It's kind of surprising that the media hasn't called Melanson into question at all on this...they seem to be more concerned about what the players do in their spare time...

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:42 PM
  #20
Lucius
Registered User
 
Lucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,705
vCash: 500
Brilliant article, except for the suggestion of Ty freaking Conklin as the backup

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:53 PM
  #21
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
It's kind of surprising that the media hasn't called Melanson into question at all on this...they seem to be more concerned about what the players do in their spare time...
They did, repeatedly. I've seen them bashing Roland Melanson on the AntiChambre and heard them on CKAC.

Truth is - with the amount of hours of specific HAbs coverage per day - almost everything has become a story.

Newhabfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:54 PM
  #22
terreur
Registered User
 
terreur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,739
vCash: 500
Best article i've read this year!

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 01:56 PM
  #23
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhabfan View Post
They did, repeatedly. I've seen them bashing Roland Melanson on the AntiChambre and heard them on CKAC.

Truth is - with the amount of hours of specific HAbs coverage per day - almost everything has become a story.
Ah ok, I wish I could understand french well enough to watch and listen to those shows...I get by fine during a game because a lot of the time the same phrases are used so I picked it up pretty quickly, and I'm decent enough when I read french, but sometimes I get thrown off when I listen or watch the talkshows.

I'm glad they are questioning Melanson...I think the whole coaching staff should be questioned - we had nothing planned to give us a chance in hell against Boston. Nothing.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 02:01 PM
  #24
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
Ah ok, I wish I could understand french well enough to watch and listen to those shows...
No you don't... Trust me, I'm french and nothing gets on my nerves more than a bunch of "Quebecois" mediots debating **** they have no clue about (or did only 20 yrs ago like Michel Bergeron). Most of them just look for drama or always pick sides depending on the language of the players involved. It's dumb.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 02:06 PM
  #25
Craig71
Registered User
 
Craig71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,508
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
just like Andrei's 23 goals?


keep on trying
Just heard on TV that they will most likely be gone before next season, it was when they were talking to koivu, kovalev about the prospect of returning.. I hope both of them are gone..Yes I will keep trying.

Craig71 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.