HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn Hatred - What the hell?

Old
04-24-2009, 04:56 PM
kernkraft

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Yes I do. I'm not a kindergarten teacher, this is pro hockey. You work hard to be drafted in the first round, you should work hard to make the team and answer the highest expections. Andrei Kostitsyn NEVER even tried that. ( Don't even bother with the BS excuses that you can come up with )

That said, must I repeat that I don't hate him. The people managing that draft for the habs are the one that messed up. He should have been drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round at best.

He's a slightly above average player for me and his brother is plain average.
Right, 28 goals in Andrei's first NHL season, that's nothing. That's just average in your world?

I bet this is also run-of-the-mill hockey:

If he's a bum, then I want a team filled with them!

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Mustafa*

Quote:
Look I don't give a damn about the other teams making mistakes at the draft. You're changing the subject completely.

The Montreal Canadiens made mistake when drafting AK in the first round presenting him as the next super star. Some people, who have been waiting a total of 4 years now are now realizing that he's either an average player or a bum and that's

WHY some people hate him.

Fans don't change...
I think understanding the way a draft works might be out of your grasp, you should quit trying.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
Yes, it's called unrealistic expectations. Not everyone has the same learning curve.

Yeah, we're the only ones who made a "mistake" at that draft:
Yeah, but do the other teams praise their head of pro scouting as pathetically as Hab fans? Not likely.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Yes I do. I'm not a kindergarten teacher, this is pro hockey. You work hard to be drafted in the first round, you should work hard to make the team and answer the highest expections. Andrei Kostitsyn NEVER even tried that. ( Don't even bother with the BS excuses that you can come up with )
Andrei Kostitsyn NEVER worked hard? So that would imply that his game is at the same level as when he entered the AHL right?

*Yeah, I know I'm leaving that one sitting up for you to knock out the park with a sarky answer, but there ya go*

At times he does look lazy, disinterested or makes bad plays, we've all seen it. But I think you are over-emphasising your arguement with regards to A.Kost and over simplifying it with regards to all first round draft picks.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 05:00 PM
coolasprICE

Andrei K got to keep it simple and stop skating in circles or making the most awful passes in history... koivu, plekanec are not line mates for him they cycle far too much because they're too tiny to stand in front of a net and make any traffic so they play perimeter... Andrei needs a big center to drive the net while his brother drops him simple little pass in the slot to rifle home.

period.

pick your big man center and imagine how many goals Andrei would be getting...35 - 40.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 05:00 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Right, 28 goals in Andrei's first NHL season, that's nothing. That's just average in your world?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
I think understanding the way a draft works might be out of your grasp, you should quit trying.
Fans don't change... and the balance won't. Some people will still hate him in reaction to the BS you people can come up with.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 05:01 PM
BBrowser

Quote:
I don't know why everyone seems to want to trade away two skilled players who just finished their SECOND seasons in the NHL. Sergei barely has more than 100 games under his belt! He had as many points as Higgins this season! Andrei was second on our team for goals scored and led for a good part of the season!

It seems that the idiots on RDS and TQS bashing Andrei and wishing the team was just made of french players have dug their racist and ignorant ideas into the heads of too many fans.

As far as the drug-dealer affair goes, why doesn't anyone mention Hamrlik? No one seems to want him to go even though he's been losing speed like a stalling 747. That turnover he caused in Game 4 still makes me mad!

Anyways, I just hope more people feel like I do about this. Don't give up on young players after a dip in their second seasons.

RANT RANT RANT

MODS: Perhaps this goes more into one of the already existing threads. If so, sorry!
I agree media is biased and generally sucks, but I think the K bros have more marketing value at this point than what they bring to the Habs. Even I back-check in my old white men (and occasional woman) league.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 05:07 PM
kernkraft

Quote:
Fans don't change... and the balance won't. Some people will still hate him in reaction to the BS you people can come up with.
Right, I bring facts - numbers, figures, you bring intangible ideas forged in your imagination. Tell me, which is B.S.?

Saying they don't work hard enough or have a bad attitude. How the hell do you know that? You're just repeating the inventions of the media who don't know any better!

Old
04-24-2009, 05:10 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
When they are drafted in the first round, YES.

You have a problem with that?
Have you met kyle chipchura or david fischer yet?

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 05:12 PM
foreverhabs

Quote:
Right, I bring facts - numbers, figures, you bring intangible ideas forged in your imagination. Tell me, which is B.S.?

Saying they don't work hard enough or have a bad attitude. How the hell do you know that? You're just repeating the inventions of the media who don't know any better!
I guess you haven't been following the Habs as closely as you pretend. Shortly before Sergei was demoted to Hamilton , Carbonneau went on record as alluding to the poor attitude of Sergei. Maybe that's how we all know.

foreverhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Axeshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverhabs View Post
I guess you haven't been following the Habs as closely as you pretend. Shortly before Sergei was demoted to Hamilton , Carbonneau went on record as alluding to the poor attitude of Sergei. Maybe that's how we all know.
To be honest, If I were you (or just in general) I'd take that comment with a grain of salt. I mean we all know that Carbonneau was absolutely terrible as far as communication and he was dealing with a 20 year old Russian who could barely speak english. I'm willing to bet my money some things were lost in translation, if you know what I'm trying to say. Same thing happened in London under Dale Hunter, only difference is his coach didn't throw him under the bus.

Axeshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 05:17 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:

You don't like my explanations? Fine, get your own. They're all *******s, we need to jail em .. OMG what bunch of ....

Get yer weapons, to war.. oh nvm

I said twice, I don't hate him. But you are fan you'll straw man my arse if it pleases you, I understand.

Old
04-24-2009, 05:17 PM
kernkraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverhabs View Post
I was talking more about Andrei there. Sergei is different, but young players are known to act like that. Bobby Ryan wanted to get traded this year when he was sent down to the minors. Benoit Pouliot threw a fit in the dressing room when he was sent down as well.

Not that it's an excuse. But there it is.

Quote:
You don't like my explanation? Fine, get your own. They're all *******s, we need to jail em .. OMG what bunch of ....

Get yer weapons, to war.. oh nvm

I said twice, I don't hate him. But you are fan you'll straw man my arse if it pleases you, I understand.
I'll take that as an "agree to disagree" statement, seeing that I've never heard that expression before.

Old
04-24-2009, 05:22 PM
foreverhabs

Quote:
I was talking more about Andrei there. Sergei is different, but young players are known to act like that. Bobby Ryan wanted to get traded this year when he was sent down to the minors. Benoit Pouliot threw a fit in the dressing room when he was sent down as well.

Not that it's an excuse. But there it is.

I'll take that as an "agree to disagree" statement, seeing that I've never heard that expression before.
Point well taken.

Old
04-24-2009, 05:24 PM
LeHab

Even before the draft, Andrei's work ethic were questioned which contributed to his fall in the draft on top of his medical issues. He was a high risk/high reward type of player. While it seems he was able to overcome the medical issues, his work ethic is still questionable and there does not seem to be any medication for that other than hard work!

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 05:27 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Have you met kyle chipchura or david fischer yet?
No I haven't, I don't think I ever will.

Other than those were yet again bad drafts for the habs, that's beside the point.

OP is asking why some people hate the Kostitsyns.

Old
04-24-2009, 05:41 PM
foreverhabs

I doubt anyone "hates " the brothers. That's a strong word . Annoyed is the adjective that would be more appropos . That annoyance would come from their obvious talent that this year, anyway, hasn't come to fruition . Patience .

Old
04-24-2009, 05:43 PM
gillyguzzler

I fear they will be traded this summer if Gainey remains as the GM.

I'm not sold on Sergei as I speculate his off ice problems are bigger than we know and, while talented, he does not have the tools to be a first line forward.

Andrei, however, has the potential to score 50 IF he ever puts in all together and trading him might be a huge mistake. People compare him to Jeff Carter... it took Carter four full seasons to really break out. Andrei's only had two full seasons. His shot is incredible. His hands are incredible. His passes and hard and on the tape. He is very strong. He hits harder that just about any Habs forward. His skating stride is perfect. Where he lacks his between the ears at times and his work ethic has been questioned.

I fear he may finally put it all together elsewhere.

Ryder left and people now complain. But Ryder has nowhere near the talent Andrei has and his top end potential is not even close.

I wonder if 46 would play better if 74 was playing elsewhere.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 05:46 PM
gillyguzzler

And as far as "hating" the brothers, Benoit Brunet hates them and I hope that the average viewer is smart enough to realize that Brunet is not the brightest guy out there and it sure sounds like he's got some sort of agenda. AYAYAYE!

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 05:48 PM
kernkraft

Quote:
No I haven't, I don't think I ever will.

Other than those were yet again bad drafts for the habs, that's beside the point.

OP is asking why some people hate the Kostitsyns.
Fischer is a 6'3 D-man who skates like the wind. Chipchura hasn't pierced through but we keep hiring veterans to take his place. He should be given an entire season before making judgments.

Hindsight is always 20/20. But look at the 2007 draft, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Subban and Weber in the first 3 rounds. That's hard to beat. 2005: Price, Latendresse, D'Agostini and S. Kostitsyn. 2003: A.Kost, Lapierre, O'Byrne, Halak (we seem to be real good on odd years, fingers crossed). You can't hit a home run every time. No team, even Detroit, does.

Old
04-24-2009, 05:53 PM
m00ks

Akost is a bonified scorer. Why are people so quick to hate. The guy nets 23 goals in a season where he disappeared. If 23 goals makes up his abysmal season, I'm getting giddy thinking about a successful one.

He skates like bull, has a laser of a shot and hits like a mule. What's to hate? This guy will score 40 one day.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 05:54 PM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Fischer is a 6'3 D-man who skates like the wind. Chipchura hasn't pierced through but we keep hiring veterans to take his place. He should be given an entire season before making judgments.

Hindsight is always 20/20. But look at the 2007 draft, McDonagh, Pacioretty, Subban and Weber in the first 3 rounds. That's hard to beat. 2005: Price, Latendresse, D'Agostini and S. Kostitsyn. You can't hit a home run every time. No team, even Detroit, does.
Well we had enough arguments about past drafts. That's just changing the subject.

I know who Fischer and Chipchura are (I've never met them ). I doubt very much they'll be regulars in our lineups and that can't really be a reason why some people like to hate the Kostitsyns anyways

Old
04-24-2009, 05:57 PM
foreverhabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Akost is a bonified scorer. Why are people so quick to hate. The guy nets 23 goals in a season where he disappeared. If 23 goals makes up his abysmal season, I'm getting giddy thinking about a successful one.

He skates like bull, has a laser of a shot and hits like a mule. What's to hate? This guy will score 40 one day.
I couldn't agree with you more . Your assessment of his abilities is bang on. Patience. To use a sports' analogy, it's still early in the game.

Old
04-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Bermy

Sorry for being Captain Obvious, but he gets more criticism because he was drafted 10th overall in the 2003 draft. He has very high expectations

Bermy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2009, 06:04 PM
blarneylad

Great post kernkraft! I agree with everything you said.

We have to be patient, Montreal had some growing pains this year and grew from them.

What montreal really needs to address is our mediocre D. Sign Beauchemin in the offseason Bob

blarneylad is offline   Reply With Quote