HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RED FISHER: Fans had reason to show displeasure with Price's playoff performance

Old
04-25-2009, 09:14 AM
Originalsix

vCash: 500
RED FISHER: Fans had reason to show displeasure with Price's playoff performance

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sport...714/story.html

Originalsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 09:17 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Martin Brodeur would have looked bad in front of that defence too. Hammer's blind weak clear up the middle and a nice passing play by the Bruins. You can't fault Carey for that.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 09:19 AM
Pascal

No they didn't. Anyone who thinks so is an idiot. Sorry for the gross generalization.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 09:20 AM
12jf54

vCash: 108

I guess he's one of the idiots that booed Price on Wednesday. What a disgrace. You don't even have to pay to watch games you idiot, stop complainging.

12jf54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Bob in Niagara

And I suppose us "loyal" fans also have the right not to read this garbage. Red Fisher is a has been, plain and simple and has nothing constructive to say anymore. I happen to think that no matter what...fans do not have ANY right to boo their own team...if they do...they are not fans...merely hecklers...and nobody needs or wants to listen to any of their crap. If that's all they can do...why don't they stay home and let some loyal supporters have their seats.

Bob in Niagara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 09:32 AM
MicroFracture

He's a jerk.

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 09:32 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Is it fair for Habs players that subscribe to the Gazette to boo Red if he writes an article they don't like what he wrote? Maybe moo when he comes into the dressing room.

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Martin Brodeur would have looked bad in front of that defence too. Hammer's blind weak clear up the middle and a nice passing play by the Bruins. You can't fault Carey for that.
So true - Thomas played awful all series - if we switched goalies for the series we'd still be golfing today, and I highly doubt the series would have lasted any longer.

It's sad that a guy like Fisher couldn't see that. Price didn't steal us a game, but we didn't really give him a fighting chance to steal a game - the shots we allowed against were high quality. Sure, he let in some bad goals in game 2, and maybe some of the other ones in the rest of the series were "back-breakers" but still, we were never going to win that series with any goalie in the world.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Fozz

I'm going to agree with Red on this one. People were frustrated with the 2nd half of the season and Price is one of the guys that was talked about as having off ice issues while his on-ice play was more than ordinary. Hopefully, the displeasure shown by the fans Wednesday will show the kid he's expected to be a pro on every level. Too many half-assed performances this year from him.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO REDDDDD YOU SUCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! OLD FART !!!!!!!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! About time you retire!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! its the only way I can show it...

(How do you feel???)

Metropolitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 10:04 AM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

That article said nothing. It wasn't even worth reading much less writing.
Crowd was upset, Price was upset...now there's a scoop ; no one likes losing!

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 10:21 AM
HotPie

Red Fisher is a senile old coot that needs to retire from journalism. I'm so sick and tired of him telling me what I should or shouldn't enjoy because I wasn't alive to see the glory days like he was.

Red bothers me.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Fire Brunet*

Another old fart

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 11:05 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
I guess if you've lived through a time in which Geoffrion got booed for being too good it kinda desensitizes you.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 11:10 AM
sbtatter

As an outsider

Anytime a crowd turns on one of it's own players, it's sad to see. If Price was the only reason you lost to Boston, I could somewhat understand that morons want to boo someone, but was he the reason you lost?
Can you imagine what a boost it is for the opposition to hear the home crowd booing the home players? Wow....

sbtatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 11:10 AM
marchabsfan

whether someone here agrees, you have a part of the truth there mister fisher.

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Coldplay
Courage

As usual, a good read by Red.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 11:52 AM
JrHockeyFan

Red has never been a go with the flow kinda guy, so this article should not surprise anybody

Fans can show displeasure, sure. The way it was done was not exactly informative or informed. I don't see where it did anything meaningful either

A crowd can be a mindless animal sometimes

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 11:59 AM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Red has never been a go with the flow kinda guy, so this article should not surprise anybody

Fans can show displeasure, sure. The way it was done was not exactly informative or informed. I don't see where it did anything meaningful either

A crowd can be a mindless animal sometimes
I agree.

I didn't like Price's reaction because it showed that the crowd can get to him, and that is never good for any goaltender. But the crowd mostly targeting Price for their boos was generally uncalled for, the entire team had to shoulder the blame for the loss, not him alone.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 12:18 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

It was 2000 of 21273, so he is supporting a minority of people.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 12:18 PM
Thorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
Red Fisher is a senile old coot that needs to retire from journalism. I'm so sick and tired of him telling me what I should or shouldn't enjoy because I wasn't alive to see the glory days like he was.

Red bothers me.
I concur, I never liked him, all he ever does is reminisce about the past and ***** about the present/future.

Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 12:20 PM
ReVeuF

Price = 7 loss slump in postseason... enough said, one more and it is like getting swept twice.

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Magic33

Anyone who goes to the game can boo if he/she wants. Its like paying for a service or entertainment. If you are not pleased with the service/entertainment, what do you do? You call/write to complain. In sports, you cant exactly call Carey, so you boo. Its not like Bell Center fans are the first fans ever to boo someone. I bet if you watch most sporting events in any sport, you will get the same thing.

That being said, there is a difference between being able to do it, and doing it itself. I dont think they should have booed him, considering his age and all. If it was a veteran, then maybe. But he's a young kid, although he didnt have a good season, who will most likely bounce back.

Anyway, all im saying is that people have a right to boo, whether it is right or wrong.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2009, 12:27 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic33 View Post
Anyone who goes to the game can boo if he/she wants. Its like paying for a service or entertainment. If you are not pleased with the service/entertainment, what do you do? You call/write to complain. In sports, you cant exactly call Carey, so you boo. Its not like Bell Center fans are the first fans ever to boo someone. I bet if you watch most sporting events in any sport, you will get the same thing.

That being said, there is a difference between being able to do it, and doing it itself. I dont think they should have booed him, considering his age and all. If it was a veteran, then maybe. But he's a young kid, although he didnt have a good season, who will most likely bounce back.

Anyway, all im saying is that people have a right to boo, whether it is right or wrong.

I have the right to not wash my hand when I go to the toilet.....it's still a discusting thing to do

Old
04-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Metropolitsky
Still 4x more cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReVeuF View Post
Price = 7 loss slump in postseason... enough said, one more and it is like getting swept twice.
so? Tim Thomas ha never won a series before. Does that mean he suck?