Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Joakim Jensen & Jonas Anderson

Old
04-25-2009, 01:07 PM
rcduthie77

vCash: 500
Joakim Jensen & Jonas Anderson

Just out of complete curiosity I was checking stats just to see who was left off of the Norwegian WHC team.

These two names immediatly jumped out at me, first Jonas Anderson from Sparta Sarpsborg. Played on the national team in 04, 06 and 07 and has put up some excellent numbers in the GET-Ligaen including being well over PPG status 3 of the last 4 years.

Is this a case like that of Kjell-Richard Nygard where there are just too many good players ahead of him or is there other reasons behind him not making the national squad?

Secondly would be Joakim Jensen, put up good numbers in the QMJHL and has since returned to the GET-Ligaen where he broke the PPG barrier this season. I guess not so much a why isn't he on the team question but more of a question of is he worth keeping an eye on?

Also is there anyone on the blueline worth keeping an eye on outside of the obvious Holos and Bonsaksen.

I apologize for asking so many question that may seem obvious to some posters but despite being a diehard Norwegian nation fan (as some know I'm a Norwegian/Canadian) my exposure to the GET-Ligaen is very small and I only really am able to get a good sample size of players when they make it to the SEL.

Thanks,
RC

rcduthie77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 04:23 AM
SirKillalot

Joakim Jensen would be a good guy to follow. Don't think he is 1st line material, but a decent/solid 2/3rd line guy.

Not sure about Jonas Anderson, I assume the competition was too big.

Now, coming back to Fröshaug from the Norway-Finland thread, found this and used google translate on it:

http://translate.google.com/translat...ta&sl=no&tl=en

When it comes to blueline prospects, maybe this guy(Aleksander Rindal - Lillehammer, were Tollefsen started:

http://translate.google.com/translat...ce&sl=no&tl=en

Others:
Brede Csiszar(Vålerenga)
Henrik Ødegård(Frisk-Asker) - Was in WC last year.

And you could always look at the top ten picture(little stats-picture to press) so see what that athleete school think of their prospects.

A little nice hockeyblog: http://translate.google.com/translat...2F&sl=no&tl=en

Last edited by SirKillalot: 04-26-2009 at 04:36 AM.
SirKillalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 02:41 PM
rcduthie77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
Joakim Jensen would be a good guy to follow. Don't think he is 1st line material, but a decent/solid 2/3rd line guy.

Not sure about Jonas Anderson, I assume the competition was too big.

Now, coming back to Fröshaug from the Norway-Finland thread, found this and used google translate on it:

http://translate.google.com/translat...ta&sl=no&tl=en

When it comes to blueline prospects, maybe this guy(Aleksander Rindal - Lillehammer, were Tollefsen started:

http://translate.google.com/translat...ce&sl=no&tl=en

Others:
Brede Csiszar(Vålerenga)
Henrik Ødegård(Frisk-Asker) - Was in WC last year.

And you could always look at the top ten picture(little stats-picture to press) so see what that athleete school think of their prospects.

A little nice hockeyblog: http://translate.google.com/translat...2F&sl=no&tl=en
As always huge thanks for all information I really want to follow the GET-Ligaen much closer next season so this will help me greatly.

Talk about tough times for Forshaug, my goodness I feel bad for the kid he's got all kinds of talent and hopefully this year and his medical problems wont set him back. With some hard work I definatly think, and Sportsnet ran a feature that agrees with this, Froshaug could be an NHL player and a definate rock on the Norwegian national team for many, many years.

Good news that we have at least a few more good young defencemen on the way. Henrik Odegard impressed me in a rather small sample size in last year's WHC. Seems quite fleet of foot and good instincts. I have heard of Rindal but haven't followed him so I'll make sure to keep him on my radar and Csiszar is a completely new name for me but hopefully he'll be another to turn out well for us as we need an overhaul on the national team defence in the coming years.

Thanks again,
RC

Old
04-27-2009, 11:55 AM
SirKillalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcduthie77 View Post
Sportsnet ran a feature that agrees with this, Froshaug could be an NHL player and a definate rock on the Norwegian national team for many, many years.
Feed me

SirKillalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2009, 12:26 PM
rcduthie77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirKillalot View Post
Feed me
I'll see if I can find it somewhere....It was run on an intermission show this year on Sportsnet Pacific during coverage of a Vancouver Canucks game. They would profile Vancouver Canucks prospects and the analyst they had on was talking about how highly the Canucks think of Froshaug and are hopeing he gets more icetime in the SEL this coming season.