HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(ECQF#6): 4/26/2009 Washington Capitals @ New York Rangers 2:00pm NBC (HD)

Old
04-26-2009, 03:06 PM
MorrisWanchuk

vCash: 500
i hope those rangers look at what brashear did to betts' face in the intermission and come back out with a strong period.

they need to do this for betts

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:07 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

One question:

What exactly does Aaron Voros bring to this team that merits him being in the lineup over Orr?

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

forget about fighting, a Ranger, any Ranger, needs to go out on the ice and do exactly what brashear did to one of the caps important players, and then just skate over to the box.

That is a game-changing play and exactly why the caps have him and they got away with it. They took out our bext PK guy and a key face-off man. Just took him out of the game with immunity.

The league sucks. This is a disgrace.

I have no interest in the NHL any longer.

The only thing worse would be if brashear said something inappropriate about a former girlfriend. THAT would be truly unforgiveable.

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkOnEStreet View Post
It would have made a ****ing statement. You're ok with our team standing by and doing nothing after a cheap shot like that?
What's the statement? You knock out our top pker and one of our top scorers will fight you?

Interesting message.

trilobyte

It is really sad that with that many sets of eyes, the officials can't watch a piece of crap like Brashear and catch him making his statement.

They were not doing their job and they should be questioned for it. You can bet they have their eyes GLUED to #16 of the Rangers.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
GothamRanger

Send a message via AIM to GothamRanger
New York Rangers without their best penalty killer is like Capitals without their best offensive weapons. Why doesn't someone like Voros just take a cheap shot at Semin or AO and take them out of the game? It'd be worth the 5 minute major we would get, that Brashear SHOULD have gotten.

GothamRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jgrangers2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
I can't believe we didn't even get a powerplay out of that hit. Incredibly dirty.
I can. The Capitals have been getting away with this stuff the past few games. Remember the end of game 4 when Dubinsky got slammed into the boards twice in 5 seconds and got no call? But, in game 3, Avery barely rubs into Varlamov and gets a call a few moments after the play actually happen. If that Brashear hit isn't something that deserves the same treatment, I don't know what is. We get called for ticky tack plays all over the place, but our guys get mugged and nothing is called.

jgrangers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:08 PM
shon

We need forwards that have hockey sense and can make a play.
we need to use our points more.
I have to say I hope we lose this series and start fresh next year.
I am getting very sick of this team
The few bright spots-Callie Dubi Girardi and Staal.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OverTheCap

Rangers have dug themselves quite a hole this period.

Lots of players are playing themselves off the team next year. Zherdev consistently turns over the puck and it finally came back to haunt us. Mara and Morris, yikes. So frustrating to watch the same players make the same mistakes game after game and never learn from it.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RinkOnEStreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
forget about fighting, a Ranger, any Ranger, needs to go out on the ice and do exactly what brashear did to one of the caps important players, and then just skate over to the box.

That is a game-changing play and exactly why the caps have him and they got away with it. They took out our bext PK guy and a key face-off man. Just took him out of the game with immunity.

The league sucks. This is a disgrace.

I have no interest in the NHL any longer.

The only thing worse would be if brashear said something inappropriate about a former girlfriend. THAT would be truly unforgiveable.
Exactly. You take your two minutes, get your pound of flesh and then kill it off. YOU MAKE A STATEMENT. You don't go out there *****footing around because your scared of two in the box. We take dumb penalties all over the place anyway, so do it and get your money's worth DO SOMETHING.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:09 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
I wouldn't ***** about the non-call on that play if all of the ticky tacky stuff was let go as well. The fact that Brashear got away with that, but then Mara gets sent to the box for taking a hand off of his stick is just laughable. I understand that that is how the game is called now, and that Mara should know better, but that does nothing to change the fact that it is a joke. The NHL has done a lot to cheapen its product over the last several years, and I know I for one am not nearly as die-hard as I was before the lockout.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
It is really sad that with that many sets of eyes, the officials can't watch a piece of crap like Brashear and catch him making his statement.

They were not doing their job and they should be questioned for it. You can bet they have their eyes GLUED to #16 of the Rangers.
Amazing posts. The league's priorities nowadays are pathetic, I despise how they've fundamentally altered the game for the sake of marketing.

And Naslund, you're cut.

KingLundqvistXXX
Confetti & Balloons

Nothing is on our side right now. No Tortorella, no Betts, no Orr, Rangers can't score goals when they SHOULD, Refs have been on our side for only 1 game of 6 games so far, NBC is "Crosbying" us with Ovechkin now, etc...

Definitely don't feel good about it, but still gonna watch, wait, and see.

KingLundqvistXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MadHookUp

Sadly, outside of the Korp/Dubi/Cally line, we dont have the character to come back and win this.

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:10 PM
ghirshorn

i will never give up on the Rangers. forty minutes of solid hockey needed to win.

ghirshorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
bumrusherer

These next 20 minutes are just going to show who really wants it. Win this 2nd period and then go swinging in the 3rd.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blue Regime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgrangers2 View Post
I can. The Capitals have been getting away with this stuff the past few games. Remember the end of game 4 when Dubinsky got slammed into the boards twice in 5 seconds and got no call? But, in game 3, Avery barely rubs into Varlamov and gets a call a few moments after the play actually happen. If that Brashear hit isn't something that deserves the same treatment, I don't know what is. We get called for ticky tack plays all over the place, but our guys get mugged and nothing is called.
God forbid Ovechkin doesn't face Crosby in the playoffs, the NHL will surely die.

Blue Regime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
beastly115

I blame Sather. He's the idiot that put together this pathetic team.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyrfan519

WOW, NBC is doing a feature on Ovechkin. What a nice surprise to see something so unpredictable and unique!

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:11 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan444 View Post
Amazing post. The league's priorities nowadays are pathetic, I despise how they've fundamentally altered the game for the sake of marketing.

And Naslund, you're cut.
He's done. Bring up Parenteau next season and get rid of his 4 million.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

Pierre McGuire just said Ovechkin is great defensively.

GL guys, here's to a comeback.

Coach John McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Rangers are in serious trouble. I can't see them coming back with the offense we've displayed thus far in this series, but I certainly hope that they are capable of proving me wrong.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

I'm gearing up to Maximus this tattoo off my arm.

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
truebluegoalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy27 View Post
I wouldn't ***** about the non-call on that play if all of the ticky tacky stuff was let go as well. The fact that Brashear got away with that, but then Mara gets sent to the box for taking a hand off of his stick is just laughable. I understand that that is how the game is called now, and that Mara should know better, but that does nothing to change the fact that it is a joke. The NHL has done a lot to cheapen its product over the last several years, and I know I for one am not nearly as die-hard as I was before the lockout.
Great points. How can you let a dangerous elbow (the second one in the series from them) go and then call Mara for a borderline hold. Especially when it seemed like they were going to let them play. And did anyone notice Staal get tripped on that turnover? Seemed pretty obvious to me.

I really hate the NHL lately, it is so freakin inconsistent. Orr and Voros get game misconducts last game for what? Avery gets 10 minutes on that icing play.
Brashear takes out our best PKer and nothing? Followed shortly by a caps PP goal. Should Brashear even be playing in this game? I thought contact during warmups was an automatic suspension now.

This league is a joke, they are more interested in calling minor stuff and letting cheap shots to the head go.

truebluegoalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:13 PM
greasch#4

We should have a Chinese fire drill at MSG. For the 2nd period everyone from the 300s/400s and the 100s/200s should switch seats...

greasch#4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2009, 03:13 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by truebluegoalie View Post
Great points. How can you let a dangerous elbow (the second one in the series from them) go and then call Mara for a borderline hold. Especially when it seemed like they were going to let them play. And did anyone notice Staal get tripped on that turnover? Seemed pretty obvious to me.

I really hate the NHL lately, it is so freakin inconsistent. Orr and Voros get game misconducts last game for what? Avery gets 10 minutes on that icing play.
Brashear takes out our best PKer and nothing? Followed shortly by a caps PP goal. Should Brashear even be playing in this game? I thought contact during warmups was an automatic suspension now.

This league is a joke, they are more interested in calling minor stuff and letting cheap shots to the head go.
The biggest thing to me is "nobody saw it" should never be an excuse in a situation like the one we just saw.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote