HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Esche / Burke

Closed Thread

Old
03-21-2004, 06:37 AM
Leftyrulz

vCash: 500
Esche / Burke

Has their been much talk from Hitchcock about who would be getting most of the time between the pipes in Philly leading up to the play-offs. Eshce has been playing great but Melrose seems to think Burke should be getting the nod for the play-offs. I think he's crazy. I'd just like to know what Hitchcock has been saying

Last edited by Leftyrulz: 03-21-2004 at 11:33 AM.
Old
03-21-2004, 06:55 AM
The Seeker 25

Send a message via AIM to The Seeker 25
Melrose likes to take an opposing point of view so that if he is right, he can say "I told you so". He'll stick to his guns until the playoffs open, and Esche is standing between the pipes.

Old
03-21-2004, 12:40 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeeker
Melrose likes to take an opposing point of view so that if he is right, he can say "I told you so". He'll stick to his guns until the playoffs open, and Esche is standing between the pipes.
I'm just wondering what he thinks about the situation in Boston? does he think Potvin starts over Raycroft? the only differance there being Potvin has been there all season.

Old
03-21-2004, 02:08 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
I'm just wondering what he thinks about the situation in Boston? does he think Potvin starts over Raycroft? the only differance there being Potvin has been there all season.
I heard somewhere he thinks Cechmanek should win the Vezina this year.

Old
03-21-2004, 02:10 PM
ObeySteve
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to ObeySteve
If Esche is still playing the same way he's been playing all season going into the playoffs and Clarke even thinks about starting Burke even once, I'm starting a public protest in South Philadelphia.

Old
03-21-2004, 02:42 PM
GBailey93

Send a message via AIM to GBailey93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeySteve
If Esche is still playing the same way he's been playing all season going into the playoffs and Clarke even thinks about starting Burke even once, I'm starting a public protest in South Philadelphia.
Why does Clarke have anything to do with our goalie in the playoffs? Hitch is the coach, he makes the call. It amazes me how people will go out of their way to bash Clarke.

Old
03-21-2004, 02:46 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

If Barry Melrose speaks and nobody listens with a serious ear...does he really make a sound?

Old
03-21-2004, 02:58 PM
capn89*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBailey93
Why does Clarke have anything to do with our goalie in the playoffs? Hitch is the coach, he makes the call. It amazes me how people will go out of their way to bash Clarke.
If it wasn't for the color shirt Bob Clarke wore during the opening game of the round two series in the playoffs last year, we would have beaten the Senators. I mean, he just HAD to enter the First Union Center (back when it still was) on an odd numbered hour of the day, in essence jinxing the team and causing them to be outplayed by Ottawa. That SON OF A *****!!!!

Old
03-21-2004, 03:02 PM
Rails

Send a message via AIM to Rails
Melrose is ****** bag. Seriously, how can you consider a goalie that hasn't won a series since the eighties as one of the top five playoff goalies in the league right now. Cloutier, maybe even Hedburg and Cechmanek should be above Burke in post season goalie rankings.

Last edited by Rails: 03-21-2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old
03-21-2004, 06:08 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harper
Melrose is ****** bag. Seriously, how can you consider a goalie that hasn't won a series since the eighties as one of the top five playoff goalies in the league right now. Cloutier, maybe even Hedburg and Cechmanek should be above Burke in post season goalie rankings.
When Burke came here, I thought of him as a wily veteran who would steal some games for us. So far he's stolen a point, cost us a couple more. This is 2000 all over again, starring Robert Esche as Bryan Boucher, and Sean Burke, well, nice while it lasted.

Old
03-21-2004, 08:16 PM
Rails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan McGillis 03
When Burke came here, I thought of him as a wily veteran who would steal some games for us. So far he's stolen a point, cost us a couple more. This is 2000 all over again, starring Robert Esche as Bryan Boucher, and Sean Burke, well, nice while it lasted.
So, are we Phoenix or Philadelphia, I'm so confused.

Old
03-21-2004, 08:18 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
So, are we Phoenix or Philadelphia, I'm so confused.
well, in 2000 Bryan Boucher was a goalie for the Flyers.

Old
03-21-2004, 08:20 PM
Rails

I know, I was joking around. And then he (with a pick) got traded for Esche and Handzus in 2002.

Old
03-21-2004, 08:33 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
I know, I was joking around. And then he (with a pick) got traded for Esche and Handzus in 2002.
haha ok, geez i hoped so.

No I seriously am believing Esche can take us on a two or three round run (maybe deeper if our defense PLAYS ), just like 2000 with Boucher.

Every year you get a cinderella goalie--Irbe, Giguere, Roloson, Boucher, et al....nothing telling me Esche can't be the next

Old
03-22-2004, 11:14 AM
Rails

Quote:

No I seriously am believing Esche can take us on a two or three round run (maybe deeper if our defense PLAYS ), just like 2000 with Boucher.

Every year you get a cinderella goalie--Irbe, Giguere, Roloson, Boucher, et al....nothing telling me Esche can't be the next
Except they have all failed to win the cup.

I really don't want to see Esche as a one year wonder either.

Last edited by Rails: 03-22-2004 at 07:41 PM.
Old
03-22-2004, 11:16 AM
Dr Love

Quote:

Why do people put Irbe in the category of "cinderella"? He was benched against the Devils during that run. Roloson didn't start every game either. Giguere yes. Boucher yes. Kolzig yes. But not Irbe and Roloson.

Closed Thread